registration cards

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverbendnewbie

Reaction score
Do you use formal registration cards? Where could I find a sample? Its a great way to keep info and maybe birthdays of patrons etc.

I just use 3 x 5 cards and have started putting them into a data base which is truly a better system - as long as you do BACKUPS regularly.

Don't mess with cards. Do it all on computer. If you have good guest management software, you can do all of that in it.
Or just set up an excel spreadsheet. You think you will remember birthdays etc..but as time goes on...well that usually falls to the back burner..sorry...I am lucky to keep up with my family's birthdays these days:-(

riverbendnewbie said:
Do you use formal registration cards? Where could I find a sample? Its a great way to keep info and maybe birthdays of patrons etc.
You can keep it all online. Don't recreate the dinosaur. If you are on this forum then I am guessing you are savvy!

Nope...all on computer and web based so it is not stored on my home system. I do keep paper copies of the guest registration form & statements by month as a back-up file. I also print out upcoming reservations for backup. I agree that you don't want to go back to keeping records the old way.

I do use guest registration cards and have a place that states on them "GUEST NOTICE This property is privately owned and management reserves right to refuse service to anyone, and will not be responsible for accidents or injury to guests or for loss fo money, jewelry or valuables of any kind. and a place for them to sign the card. So far they always have signed it without any question.
Getting their signature on something IS important. I am glad I have this because just today I got a notice that a guest asked her credit card company for a charge back for the payment she made for her stay here back in July. Of course I responded and faxed over my "proof" that she was here which was her signature on the registration card and the signed guest book.
I am glad I use registration cards.
I just keep mine in a recipe box. they have the name addresse etc.. and dates of stay and what they paid.

gladly if i can figure out how to do it. I'm fairly new at all this computer stuff...

riverbendnewbie said:
Could you send me what you have on them ?

You might want to take your email addy out of there, if you are set up to receive emails thru the forum, someone can just click the 'email' button. This puts your email right out front for spammers to pick up.
Also, you can look online at a place called 'American Hotel' for registration cards. They can be imprinted with your inn name for a price. Search on 'registration forms'. You can see what they look like and read what info they have imprinted. When I used these, I used the back of them for the info that is not on the front, like the cc number, when I took reservations over the phone.

I do use guest registration cards and have a place that states on them "GUEST NOTICE This property is privately owned and management reserves right to refuse service to anyone, and will not be responsible for accidents or injury to guests or for loss fo money, jewelry or valuables of any kind. and a place for them to sign the card. So far they always have signed it without any question.
Getting their signature on something IS important. I am glad I have this because just today I got a notice that a guest asked her credit card company for a charge back for the payment she made for her stay here back in July. Of course I responded and faxed over my "proof" that she was here which was her signature on the registration card and the signed guest book.
I am glad I use registration cards.
I just keep mine in a recipe box. they have the name addresse etc.. and dates of stay and what they paid..

riverbendnewbie said:

You might want to take your email addy out of there, if you are set up to receive emails thru the forum, someone can just click the 'email' button. This puts your email right out front for spammers to pick up.
Also, you can look online at a place called 'American Hotel' for registration cards. They can be imprinted with your inn name for a price. Search on 'registration forms'. You can see what they look like and read what info they have imprinted. When I used these, I used the back of them for the info that is not on the front, like the cc number, when I took reservations over the phone..
Done and thanks

Back