Regrets of the dying

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Arks, what a somber reminder as spring rushes forth. Taking the time to be who you are, smelling the roses, and telling those closest to you how you really feel is an important reminder.
I will share a sad story...
A good friend was ill, very ill, he knew it, and so did I. On the drive to the hospital he told me he loved me. Those words and "good bye" were the last words he said before going into open heart surgery. Those were also his last words.
I refuse to miss a single event in my children's lives because I don't want any regrets. I am honing the budget to buy my dream and live life my way, on my terms, and not on another's.

Yes, I'd say a lot of innkeepers have lived the dream, and don't have to regret never taking that step. Of course, some may regret ever taking that step!

Back when my step-grandmother was in the hospital and my mom thought she wouldn't be coming out, I called to say goodbye. I wasn't sure how to do that. I mean, saying goodbye implies she's dying and who wants to hear that?! She cut me off, said she had no regrets, told me my grandfather was very proud of me and said she had to go, the other grands were in the room thowing her a party.
THAT'S how I want to go!

I felt the need to check in here for a cup of coffee and 'conversation' from my chief 'support group'. Just so happens one of my family members is having a tough time healthwise. We've had some summing up type conversations recently. It's good to have friends and family close who know you and can listen and speak without denial, blame or other time wasters. The main things seems to have meaningful companionship. How we go is often not up to us. Thanks all for being here. For lots of reasons.

I love number 5. Happieness is a choice in my opinion. So why not choose wisely?

I am one of the fortunate people (at least in my mind). Yes, I did miss things as my kids were growing up because I was always working, but they also saw me chaperoning field trips and being involved as a room mother and in PTA AND attending their "special events". I do not regret it because they now look back wondering how we did it. (DH was there being Mr. Mom for the most part.)
There are things I would have liked to do with the B & B that I cannot because there is another person in the equation. But as much as that part of the equation and I drive each other nuts, that is just another part of life and having everything my way would not be good. Of course I do many things because it will "keep the peace" or give someone else pleasure but I have been able to be the best I could be with what I had to work with.
I say one of the fortunate ones because I really do not have regrets - other than the usual wishing I could have done a few things differently as a Mother - because I have been blessed with having traveled, met people, done things, and become some one I like being.
Truly, if I die tomorrow I have no regrets - I just am not ready to go yet!

I felt the need to check in here for a cup of coffee and 'conversation' from my chief 'support group'. Just so happens one of my family members is having a tough time healthwise. We've had some summing up type conversations recently. It's good to have friends and family close who know you and can listen and speak without denial, blame or other time wasters. The main things seems to have meaningful companionship. How we go is often not up to us. Thanks all for being here. For lots of reasons..
It's good you ckecked in.

Death passes through more often as I grow older, but I'm livin' with life right now and my bed ain't big enough for three.

I think what we regret the most is the things we didn't do not the things we did.

it's hard enough going through life with no regrets.......never mind at the end of life, having no regrets.
It's rare coming across a truly happy person. I often think they may actualy know something....Truth is.....they don't.
It's all about how one deals with the events of a day.
Each has the ability of being happy......if one choses
Me....well...

it's hard enough going through life with no regrets.......never mind at the end of life, having no regrets.
It's rare coming across a truly happy person. I often think they may actualy know something....Truth is.....they don't.
Me....well....
Holy cow! Where have you been? what's up?

Me....well....
Been laying low......saving $........now setting my sights towards a larger inn......I'm working on someone who wants a restaurant to partner with.
Still don't know what to do with my parents.....both strongly hanging on.

Me....well....
Been laying low......saving $........now setting my sights towards a larger inn......I'm working on someone who wants a restaurant to partner with.
One Day said:
Love them? Put them to work? I don't know. Mine just called to say they're hitting the road. I can't do a thing with them!

Back