Remodel project

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee2014

Reaction score
We pulled everything out of a guest room. Then we painted the ceiling, walls, and woodwork, added bigger molding trim to the ceiling (a new skill!!!), and refinished the wooden floors. Friday we moved the furniture back into the room after three months. (We usually don't get much business during these months so we decided to try to remodel rooms but that changed as soon as we blocked the first room and hauled out the furniture.) So we worked between guests departures and arrivals….
So we are looking at new blinds for the windows. Any suggestions? Right now our rooms have roller shades which you give a little tug to move it up or down. Did anyone try out the roller shades that run on a track which you pull a string to make it move?

Pictures? Are you happy with it?.
Yes! We are very happy with the room remodel. We love our old shades but they are old and not working as well as they should but when we replaced one set in another room, they were so cheap and broke within a month. So we tried another set of pull cloth shades but they came out of the box and we knew they wouldn't last a week, so they went right back in the box. So now we are looking for suggestions. What do everyone else have in their windows? Are you happy with them?

Pictures? Are you happy with it?.
Yes! We are very happy with the room remodel. We love our old shades but they are old and not working as well as they should but when we replaced one set in another room, they were so cheap and broke within a month. So we tried another set of pull cloth shades but they came out of the box and we knew they wouldn't last a week, so they went right back in the box. So now we are looking for suggestions. What do everyone else have in their windows? Are you happy with them?
Cellular shades room darkening. Don't go cheap you get what you pay for

We had roller shades made out of fabric, which I loved, but I can't find them anymore. Then we switched to cellular shades. They're ok, but even the very expensive ones tear.

We had roller shades made out of fabric, which I loved, but I can't find them anymore. Then we switched to cellular shades. They're ok, but even the very expensive ones tear..
We've had cellular shades to 20 years, not one has torn

We had roller shades made out of fabric, which I loved, but I can't find them anymore. Then we switched to cellular shades. They're ok, but even the very expensive ones tear..
EmptyNest said:
You're careful. You're not struggling with something you've never seen before. You care. So many reasons why they're still in one piece!
Gomez just put his thumb thru the roller shade in the office. It's taped back together until we can get to the store.

EmptyNest said:
You're careful. You're not struggling with something you've never seen before. You care. So many reasons why they're still in one piece!
Gomez just put his thumb thru the roller shade in the office. It's taped back together until we can get to the store.
LOL you've never seen me try and pull up or let down some of my shades :)

Blinds for less have very nice cloth shades. They have pull chains and work very easily. We have had them for over 4 years and they look brand new. You can get in room darkening and less darkening. We have our whole house done in them e liked them so much.

Back