Remove Tough, Greasy Stains with Coca Cola

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Grease stains are famously difficult to remove from clothing and stain removers can be very expensive. Here is a cheap solution: empty a can of coke into your wash along with the usual detergent and run it through a normal cycle. This is also quite effective for removing blood and it helps to deodorize smelly clothes.[/COLOR]
From http://lifehacker.com/5851799/remove-tough-greasy-stains-from-clothes-with-coca-cola via Listverse

I prefer to use Murphy's Oil Soap. I use coke to clean the acid off my battery cables. I would be concerned about what it was doing to my clothes.

cheap cola is great if you have any marks in a toilet just pour in a can leave for an hour and super clean. However it does make me slightly concerned about what it does to your insides!

The "secret" ingredient in cola responsible for the cleaning action of it is phosphoric acid. Your insides can handle it easily, your own stomach produces the much stronger hydrochloric acid. The acidity of your stomach is almost 10 times higher than cola; guess how you can make your toilet even cleaner, and you have to leave "it" only for 5 minutes........

The "secret" ingredient in cola responsible for the cleaning action of it is phosphoric acid. Your insides can handle it easily, your own stomach produces the much stronger hydrochloric acid. The acidity of your stomach is almost 10 times higher than cola; guess how you can make your toilet even cleaner, and you have to leave "it" only for 5 minutes.........
Too funny!

Back