Renewing BB Online

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
It's time for me to renew my BB Online account. The majority of our guests find us directly or tell us they just found us from somewhere on the internet but they don't know from which site, exactly. I know we get a lot of bookings from bed and breakfast.com and less from bbonline. Part of that is my own fault as we haven't utilized that site as well as we should have. So the question is whether to drop them or not. Do those of you who use them get a lot of bookings? Any other site you recommend? Thanks for your input.

We dropped it, when they did the new website it made it difficult to find us after that. Give a shot to another one you may have never tried, is all I can say. Rotate it around if you want to.
I am beginning to think all the directories are not worth any $ now, people use google and TA to find us.

I just renewed with them. They do not give us as many bookings as bb.com, but I like them more. They are not money grubbers. I have a tracking system that can track online bookings from my website and I get enough from them that I make significantly more than I pay them. They also don't charge me $200 a year just to have my online reservation link show on my listing. It's free. It's also good link love.
I guess it would also depend on what level you're on. Because I'm not competing with lots of other inns, I'm not on a high level of membership.

I just renewed with them. They do not give us as many bookings as bb.com, but I like them more. They are not money grubbers. I have a tracking system that can track online bookings from my website and I get enough from them that I make significantly more than I pay them. They also don't charge me $200 a year just to have my online reservation link show on my listing. It's free. It's also good link love.
I guess it would also depend on what level you're on. Because I'm not competing with lots of other inns, I'm not on a high level of membership..
Breakfast Diva said:
I have a tracking system that can track online bookings from my website and I get enough from them that I make significantly more than I pay them.
[/quote
Does Reservation Key do that or is it the one Ac orn has?]

I just told a friend of mine to drop them. He pays about $400 a year and when I reviewed their stats, there were only about 49 referrals from them. Not worth keeping for them for sure. I mean just do a google search for your B & B...do they show up on the first page? If not, and they aren't getting you many referrals. I say drop them. It is not like when it was owned by the one man team. This is a big corporate entitiy who really couldn't care less.

I guess it would also depend on what level you're on. Because I'm not competing with lots of other inns, I'm not on a high level of membership..
Breakfast Diva said:
I have a tracking system that can track online bookings from my website and I get enough from them that I make significantly more than I pay them.
[/quote
Does Reservation Key do that or is it the one Ac orn has?]
It's the Acorn one

Since they redid their site our inquiries from that site have dropped way off and we have not had one booking from them this year. They are not among the top 10 sites who send referrals to our web site. We are not going to renew with them in January. Too bad, but I really think that their days are numbered in this area.

I've been quite happy with BedandBreakfast.com. I get a number of calls from people telling me "I'm looking at your website..." when actually they are on my B&B.com page. So, I know I'm getting exposure.

Back