Replacing Hurricane destroyed quilts - sort of

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Most of a friend's furnishings were destroyed in Hurricane Sandy. beyond saving. So now she is starting again, and the magnitude of it all is devastating. Pictures, keepsakes, all the little things are what hurts the most.
Is there a source where I can buy her a nice looking quilt and shams for a queen size bed? She used to have heirloom quilts which are irreplaceable ... passed down from her mother to her. They were all hand quilted.
I would just like to get her something that looks nice although I know I can't come close to replacing them and can't pay a really large sum so unless I find a little craft fair, it will have to be machine stitched.
It seems that Domestications is gone ... so I'm asking you for ideas?
Thanks

Can I suggest something that won't cost you much other than spare time? Contact as many of your mutual friends as you can and have them send you either a paper or digital photo with your friend's family in them. Make these into an online or offline photo albums. The farther back you can go the better.
Not even a similar situation but a friend's daughter died in college. All of her friends scoured their photo albums for pix of the daughter she might not have had and put them together for her.
I think I would treasure a photo album more than anything else.

that is an incredible idea! as much as facebook can be intrusive, she had posted pictures there and many are in her online albums. i think it would be nice to get them printed up for her and put them in an old fashioned album ... along with others that folks might have. nice.

that is an incredible idea! as much as facebook can be intrusive, she had posted pictures there and many are in her online albums. i think it would be nice to get them printed up for her and put them in an old fashioned album ... along with others that folks might have. nice..
The picture idea is fabulous. SS, if you still also want to send her a quilt and shams, please email me through the forum - I'm pretty sure I have some queen-size spare sets from upgrading to a king bed last year I would be happy to donate.

Jeanne, that is lovely. I am sure I will be able to find one for her. But thank you for such a generous offer.

Back