Reply or Start New Topic on PAII Forum...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I have tried to reply to a comment on the topic on B & Bs For Vets. I cannot reply not can I start a new topic. If anyone can, please advise the poster objecting to the US Flag symbol being used (because PAII is International) - since it started in the US, we used the US flag last year and I see nothing wrong with using it this year (something needs to be used as a symbol and we cannot use EVERY flag - just MY opinion). CanadaBB is now doing a B & Bs For Vets and we are honoring BOTH Countries military here at the Gillum House. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I would bet they would accept Canadians also since our boys and theirs fought side-by-side in many battles through the years. Let's stop being so darn nit-picky about everything and just do things.

Jay says it - the Forum - is broken and has a call into the software people now.

That is ridiculous! The whole thing is salute our soldiers, what better symbol than our flag? Some people just don't have enough to do I guess so they complain about anything :-(

That is ridiculous! The whole thing is salute our soldiers, what better symbol than our flag? Some people just don't have enough to do I guess so they complain about anything :-(.
catlady said:
The whole thing is salute our soldiers, what better symbol than our flag?
There is no better symbol. Those who really are doing it for the RIGHT reasons will understand that. Those who are doing it for the wrong reasons will raise a stink!

Hey you know things are going good when you get the naysayers. Sheesh feels like anything and everything we do is a strong current or swim upstream, dodging the naysayers. Let me remind y'all that only dead fish go with the flow.
I know at times we have to determine what is worth fighting over, but this is a WORTH FIGHTING OVER, 100%. There is no political correctness issue here.

That is ridiculous! The whole thing is salute our soldiers, what better symbol than our flag? Some people just don't have enough to do I guess so they complain about anything :-(.
catlady said:
That is ridiculous! The whole thing is salute our soldiers, what better symbol than our flag? Some people just don't have enough to do I guess so they complain about anything :-(
celebs-red-poppies.jpg
To be honest, I don't personally have an opinon in either direction. Many people don't realize that the symbol used in the commonwealth is the red rememberance poppy worn on the lapel (see the picture to the right). (Some pacificist have started using white poppies instead.)
The reason we don't use a flag is because nationalism is what lead to these wars. We are saluting soldiers, personally, not a nation in particular.
See... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_poppy

I guess Paii/BWTS needs to have a mission statement there and on the BnBfor vets website now as well for this promotion.

Well anyone who can go to the PAII Forum (it is fixed now) can read the dressing down I got for saying stop nit-picking and get ofer it. I am so sick of anyone who does not fall into line with PC being castigated. I told them I am leaving the field to the "right thinking" because I have better things to tend to. Of course, that is how the "right thinking" win - anyone who disagrees is castigated, belittled, and ridiculed until they say - it is not worth the effort and cede the field. And this is NOT political - it is about everything from green to animal rights to any other opinion that is decided to be PC by whomever gets to decide what IS PC! I guess I am just tired of being slapped around.

Back