Replying to a post in this forum

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
Hello,
I'd like to make a small suggestion to help with the reading of posts here on this website. When people are replying to a single post in a thread, it's a good idea to use the "Quote" button rather than the "Reply" button. That way, for members that have viewing option set by date, it is more obvious for them to see that your reply is in response to another one (versus a little line saying "in reply to..."). I prefer to sort replies by date because it's easier to tell which one I haven't read since they all appear together at the bottom in chronological order.
Just a little suggestion.
Thanks for reading.

HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLELUJAH!
In other words - I agree. We mention that from time to time but new folks join we need to let them know.

Ditto - but will say (edited to say before the finger gets pointed at me Ha Ha) I have been guilty of this too on occasion.
embaressed_smile.gif

Ditto - but will say (edited to say before the finger gets pointed at me Ha Ha) I have been guilty of this too on occasion.
embaressed_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif
I think I have been guilty of it every single time. This is the first time I have used the quote button.

embaressed_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif
I think I have been guilty of it every single time. This is the first time I have used the quote button.
oceans said:
Copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif
If you don't want to use the quote button, then just put the USER name you are replying to. But sometimes the threads are so long and if you are not on here for a week you can get lost. Some of the threads grow unexpectadely. Which is good!
I have signed up in the past on other forums and linkedIn forums oninnkeeping, you are lucky to get one post per week! You guys rock - keep all the info and personalies comin'!

i am guilty as well. as dumb as it probably sounds i never even noticed the quote button. the reply button is as far as i looked, i guess. i always click reply cause its first in line & its the first one i see. sorry ,i'll try to change my ways too

i am guilty as well. as dumb as it probably sounds i never even noticed the quote button. the reply button is as far as i looked, i guess. i always click reply cause its first in line & its the first one i see. sorry ,i'll try to change my ways too.
mollysmom said:
i am guilty as well. as dumb as it probably sounds i never even noticed the quote button. the reply button is as far as i looked, i guess. i always click reply cause its first in line & its the first one i see. sorry ,i'll try to change my ways too
Did y'all think we had a little trick up our sleeves when we replied with the quote? ha ha Now we will all be quote happy. Here's a quote:
"The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people." --Theodore Roosevelt

TLE041 said:
Hello,
it's a good idea to use the "Quote" button rather than the "Reply" button. That way, for members that have viewing option set by date, it is more obvious for them to see that your reply is in response to another one (versus a little line saying "in reply to...").
Not just in the Forum. I did a copy/paste to the SOSK of CH's prayer request without thinking it started with "My daughter" and with no other explanatioon so one of the Sisterhood asked this morning if it was my daughter the cop again. Quotes or explanations do work wonders - and I did straighten it out so all now know it is for CH to get those prayers directed where they need to be.

embaressed_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif
oceans said:
Copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif
If you don't want to use the quote button, then just put the USER name you are replying to. But sometimes the threads are so long and if you are not on here for a week you can get lost. Some of the threads grow unexpectadely. Which is good!
I have signed up in the past on other forums and linkedIn forums oninnkeeping, you are lucky to get one post per week! You guys rock - keep all the info and personalies comin'!
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
If you don't want to use the quote button, then just put the USER name you are replying to.
Just an an FYI - you can shorten the quotes very easily. Use the quote button, then in your reply delete everything you don't want to quote except for the beginning [ quote=quotee ] and the ending [ /quote ]. That way the replies don't get unwieldy.
ETA to add spaces that don't really exist in the quote html so I wouldn't have a nonsensical embedded quote.

Back