Report from the Old Country

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unlike the UK that are under surveillance from ten cameras if they scratch their left nostril, Americans do not prefer to have their...well without getting political...let's just say cameras in a B&B are not a good idea. Listening devices are also not a good idea, anything that is not publicly posted is an invasion of privacy..
Joey Bloggs said:
Unlike the UK that are under surveillance from ten cameras if they scratch their left nostril, Americans do not prefer to have their...well without getting political...let's just say cameras in a B&B are not a good idea. Listening devices are also not a good idea, anything that is not publicly posted is an invasion of privacy.
I once stayed at a b&b in Newport, RI that had cameras everywhere, both inside and out. I hated seeing all those cameras, especially inside. They were in the hallways, driveway, front door, you got no key but a code to the front door keypad. It was more than 4 digits long and I had trouble remembering it. I hated the whole thing and would never stay there again.
Breakfast Diva said:
I once stayed at a b&b in Newport, RI that had cameras everywhere, both inside and out. I hated seeing all those cameras, especially inside. They were in the hallways, driveway, front door, you got no key but a code to the front door keypad. It was more than 4 digits long and I had trouble remembering it. I hated the whole thing and would never stay there again.
Code use is becoming more and more popular and even some hotels are using them to aid their security in the night hours. For me, they have been great, no more of my keys floating around the country / world. I quick change of the code and we have no worries. Would not change back ever... And when we sell this place, my next home will nave a coded door too.
Since we've closed, we still like having the keypad. No worries about forgeting your key.......

Unlike the UK that are under surveillance from ten cameras if they scratch their left nostril, Americans do not prefer to have their...well without getting political...let's just say cameras in a B&B are not a good idea. Listening devices are also not a good idea, anything that is not publicly posted is an invasion of privacy..
Joey Bloggs said:
Unlike the UK that are under surveillance from ten cameras if they scratch their left nostril, Americans do not prefer to have their...well without getting political...let's just say cameras in a B&B are not a good idea. Listening devices are also not a good idea, anything that is not publicly posted is an invasion of privacy.
Breakfast Diva said:
Code use is becoming more and more popular and even some hotels are using them to aid their security in the night hours. For me, they have been great, no more of my keys floating around the country / world. I quick change of the code and we have no worries. Would not change back ever... And when we sell this place, my next home will nave a coded door too.
I also have a keypad (guest still gets a key though) but it was the combo of no keys and all those cameras around that gave me the creeps at this RI b&b. Oh yeah, the other clencher was that since it was mid week and "off season", we couldn't even find a b&b that offered a hot breakfast.

Back