Report: Using the extras

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I've reported before on how surprised I am that almost everybody who stays at my place uses the jet tubs. Now I'll report a couple of other things that are getting used more than I expected.
I have a computer in each apartment and they are often still running when I go in to clean, so I know people are using them. I have free Wi-Fi and I'm sure they use that too, but a LOT of people still go to the real computer to do some web browsing. These are old, pretty much obsolete desktop computers, but they still work fine for web browsing, which is all most guests want to do. So, if you can put an old Internet-connected computer in your guest rooms, there's a good chance the guests will use it and appreciate it.
I have a washer and dryer in each apartment, and I'm surprised how often these are used, even by guests who only stay one night. I always leave 4 soap pods available for them, and one or two is often gone. I would think they just "took" them, but in most cases I see that the washer setting has been changed from "Normal Wash" that I always use, to "Delicate Wash". So if you can make a washer/dryer available for your guests to use, there's a good chance they will be used, and appreciated.

Bless you, Arkie!!! You have just made my packing easier!!

You know I have to ask this question...as I know you already did this. So, what was the browsing history? Anything useful, or just checking gmail, or google maps?

Bless you, Arkie!!! You have just made my packing easier!!.
gillumhouse said:
So, we won't have to hand wash and hang to dry?
shades_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
shades_smile.gif

I will be 1 day ahead of everyone re the dirty clothes since I will be going from Monday evening on my first leg of the journey. After the Council meeting ends Monday evening, I get taken to the airport. It is nice to know I do not have to pack the washboard and will not have to go down to the crick.

gillumhouse said:
shades_smile.gif

I will be 1 day ahead of everyone re the dirty clothes since I will be going from Monday evening on my first leg of the journey. After the Council meeting ends Monday evening, I get taken to the airport. It is nice to know I do not have to pack the washboard and will not have to go down to the crick.
We have a Washer and Dryer as well! We can't wait to see you all!!!

You know I have to ask this question...as I know you already did this. So, what was the browsing history? Anything useful, or just checking gmail, or google maps?.
Joey Bloggs said:
You know I have to ask this question...as I know you already did this. So, what was the browsing history? Anything useful, or just checking gmail, or google maps?
Nope, never did it. Never thought to check the browsing history! I always check the TVs*, but didn't think about the computers. I use this program called Deep Freeze (learned about it here, years ago) that returns the computer to like new condition on every reboot. No matter what they change, add, remove, or download onto the computer, it's all wiped clean on each reboot. But I could check the browsing history in those cases where they leave it still running. I'll check. Might be interesting!
* Regarding the TVs, I always switch them on as part of an ongoing study of what they were watching the last time they used the TVs. Not really a surprise. Business people tend to leave it on CNBC, the stock market station. Doctors tend to leave it on Fox News. Families with kids leave it on Disney.
I pay extra for HBO high definition, and NOBODY has ever left the TV on HBO! I also offer pay per view/on demand channels, and so far nobody has used that either.
Each apartment has a wood burning stove in the living area, and nobody ever built a fire until this week. The people in BOTH apartments (not related) built fires over Thanksgiving. I guess weather in the 20's makes a fire inviting!

We have a computer in our library - one of our old desktops - attached to a printer, and it gets a significant amount of use. I wouldn't put one in each room - we don't have enough space for that, and we do have the wifi for the various tablets and devices. The computer gets used, lots of times for printing directions.

You know I have to ask this question...as I know you already did this. So, what was the browsing history? Anything useful, or just checking gmail, or google maps?.
Joey Bloggs said:
Nope, never did it. Never thought to check the browsing history! I always check the TVs*, but didn't think about the computers. I use this program called Deep Freeze (learned about it here, years ago) that returns the computer to like new condition on every reboot. No matter what they change, add, remove, or download onto the computer, it's all wiped clean on each reboot. But I could check the browsing history in those cases where they leave it still running. I'll check. Might be interesting!
* Regarding the TVs, I always switch them on as part of an ongoing study of what they were watching the last time they used the TVs. Not really a surprise. Business people tend to leave it on CNBC, the stock market station. Doctors tend to leave it on Fox News. Families with kids leave it on Disney.
I pay extra for HBO high definition, and NOBODY has ever left the TV on HBO! I also offer pay per view/on demand channels, and so far nobody has used that either.
Each apartment has a wood burning stove in the living area, and nobody ever built a fire until this week. The people in BOTH apartments (not related) built fires over Thanksgiving. I guess weather in the 20's makes a fire inviting!
I ask as you may find they are searching for information you have not thought to provide, or they may just be playing solitaire.
shades_smile.gif

We have a computer in our library - one of our old desktops - attached to a printer, and it gets a significant amount of use. I wouldn't put one in each room - we don't have enough space for that, and we do have the wifi for the various tablets and devices. The computer gets used, lots of times for printing directions..
muirford said:
We have a computer in our library - one of our old desktops - attached to a printer, and it gets a significant amount of use. I wouldn't put one in each room - we don't have enough space for that, and we do have the wifi for the various tablets and devices. The computer gets used, lots of times for printing directions.
I like the central location, it gives you another common area, and it is quiet and I love libraries.
thumbs_up.gif
I have used you pc every time I have been there. Ease of use is something as well.

Back