Request for brochure

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting a weekly request for a brochure from a real estate company in AL? It's a slightly different request every week, but the main point is- send me a brochure.
I keep replying back about the info being on the website, but there is no acknowledgement that the emails are getting thru and the requests are getting terser.
Started off with a long story about coming on vacation, etc and is now down to: Send a brochure.
This happened once before where we got the same email many, many times. The first time we sent a brochure but after the 4th or 5th email just assumed it was a joke someone was playing on the poor recipient of the brochures.

If you responded and they keep bugging you about it and not in a nice way....I would ignore that kind of request. Delete their message. Obviously fishing for something. Lots of places don't have brochures to send..or they are .pdf files on their web site where folks can just download.

We get very very few brochure requests. When I get them by email, I send a PDF of our brochure.

I realy do not know why the requests but each year we get the same phone call (very distinctive voice) requesting we send a brochure to: same address in VA. I sent it once, 2nd time asked if they got my info the year before, and their reply was a click. Since then I just say OK and never mail one.
Am wondering if they are collecting these for a contest or for artwork or something. Little do they know that these are costing us $ to print and mail.

I realy do not know why the requests but each year we get the same phone call (very distinctive voice) requesting we send a brochure to: same address in VA. I sent it once, 2nd time asked if they got my info the year before, and their reply was a click. Since then I just say OK and never mail one.
Am wondering if they are collecting these for a contest or for artwork or something. Little do they know that these are costing us $ to print and mail..
I used to have a person call or email every year for information. We started chatting one time and she finally came to stay, but every email before that was always, 'I'm so sorry we haven't come to stay yet, we're still planning.'
And now it's, 'I love your blog so I can keep up with what's happening!'
But that is so rare (that a guest requests a brochure and then stays) that we're not even sending them out anymore. UNLESS the person calls and tells me something like, 'We really don't like the computer stuff and rather have things to look at.' (And they sound like they're 90.)

Back