Request for good thoughts & prayers - OFF TOPIC Post.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
My daughter was in a terrible car accident on Tuesday evening on her way home from work. She was taken to the ER for xrays and a CT of her head. After no broken bones were found, she was sent home to recoup with pain & nausea meds. She is a very petite girl having lost 160lbs with lap band assistance between '04-'05 and has managed to keep her weight to ideal most the time, with some dips lower when she has an illness, but bounces back. For those who are knowledgeable of the lap band, her band has been completely open since she reached and mantained her ideal weight - done in mid '07. This means the band is there but is not really altering her system.
A couple of weeks before the accident she had bronchitis which lowered her weight some. Since the accident, she was unable to keep food down much of the time even with the nausea meds. We took her to her Dr. and he admited her to the hospital to get a more extensive work over and to get her body back on track with IV nutrients. They found that the lap band has slipped out of place due to the accident and also internal bruising due to the seatbelt (which saved her life). Once they have her fluids and weight back stable, they plan on doing surgery to adjust the band in place or remove it.
Please keep her in your thoughts. Thank you.

CH, I will get the SOSK on this immediately. Your request has been sent. This group are experts on prayers.

Keep us updated. The SOSK is on it and they do appreciate updates. Your daughter has more prayers going for her right now "than Carter has pills" and that is a LOT.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and thats to SOSK for theres.
Quick update - Surgery is planed for tomorrow (Monday) no time has been given as of yet. I think it will happen then if they feel she can handle being but under. She has gained almost 10 lbs - since admitted, primarily with IV and small amounts of food. So I do think it will happen unless something else is found to stop them.
We are in one of the busiest times of our business too. So we have been playing tag between B&B and hospital.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and thats to SOSK for theres.
Quick update - Surgery is planed for tomorrow (Monday) no time has been given as of yet. I think it will happen then if they feel she can handle being but under. She has gained almost 10 lbs - since admitted, primarily with IV and small amounts of food. So I do think it will happen unless something else is found to stop them.
We are in one of the busiest times of our business too. So we have been playing tag between B&B and hospital..
We are in one of the busiest times of our business too. So we have been playing tag between B&B and hospital.
I do KNOW how that is and you have my total sympathy on that extra stress. When DH went into the hospital for what turned out to be his 6-way bypass, I was talking to a guest on the porch. The door opened and I was informed I have chest pain and want to go to UHC. Got home in time to make breakfast. He was moved to the WVU hospitals and then I had a revolving door of full-house for most of the rest of the month, plus a class I was committed to teach, and a Conference I was committed to attend as a vendor.
I cannot say what was more stressful, the keeping everything going with the business, not welshing on commitments, or trying to keep up with his needs or the 45 minute drive each way every day and trying to stay awake.
Try to rest. There are as many prayers for you as for your daughter.

Hoping things come out ok for your daughter.

Oh my, take lots of deep breaths, get your rest, the SOSK will help mightily with needed prayers. Your daughters great spirit will bring her through.

I hope your daughter gets well soon and you get some rest. Time heals all things.

Oh golly. Very sorry and hope she's getting better everyday.

Sorry that I have been absent from the forum for awhile. I hope the news is better at this point. Thoughts are with you. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

I hope she feels better soon!! Hugs
teeth_smile.gif

Back