Request of the day.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Just pouring cocktails and the office doorbell rings. “Do you have a hot pad? My back is bothering me.”
that was a new one for me.

Just pouring cocktails and the office doorbell rings. “Do you have a hot pad? My back is bothering me.”
that was a new one for me.
I suppose we are seen as mom, family member, friend or servant, too often the latter, but at least they did choose to stay at our little place.

My favorite is the non-guest that rings the doorbell at 3AM needing directions to Roan Mountain, sometimes difficult to keep a smile on your face.

We had a new one this week too. A guest planning to stay with us asked if a guest staying at another inn could store breast milk in our fridge.

Seriously? It’s 3:30 in the afternoon. Doorbell. I was wondering if we could have a couple of the V-8’s you had out this morning. 😀. I would have said no but I knew my husband, who was right there would say yes. He did. I’m still wondering what just happened.
sure, you want me to make you a sandwich too? 🤷‍♀️🤪

Were they stay-overs or check-outs? Isn't a buffet all you want? They figured it is also WHEN you want.

I make mini-muffins so I can send them off with a box of muffins as a "care package". A half recipe makes almost 2 dozen minis. Gives enough to do breakfast for up to 4 people (remember I only have 3 rooms) and put at least 6 in a pastry box for the road. Takes care of the "want extra out of you" and makes a feel good at the same time - they did not have to ask. Last week I had 2 sets of guests ask if I had containers (I serve family-style) - and they emptied every dish - there went MY breakfast of leftovers.

We had a new one this week too. A guest planning to stay with us asked if a guest staying at another inn could store breast milk in our fridge.
"I'm afraid our liability insurance wouldn't allow us to be responsible for something like that for a guest not staying with us."

Always blame the government or the insurance company if you don't want to own "No."

Were they stay-overs or check-outs? Isn't a buffet all you want? They figured it is also WHEN you want.

I make mini-muffins so I can send them off with a box of muffins as a "care package". A half recipe makes almost 2 dozen minis. Gives enough to do breakfast for up to 4 people (remember I only have 3 rooms) and put at least 6 in a pastry box for the road. Takes care of the "want extra out of you" and makes a feel good at the same time - they did not have to ask. Last week I had 2 sets of guests ask if I had containers (I serve family-style) - and they emptied every dish - there went MY breakfast of leftovers.
Just say no. To go boxes are not available. Wrap a paper plate with plastic wrap for the guest who slept in.

Today, I’ll be ready. I’m afraid we’re out.
asking for a to go box? That’s just rude.

I have one guy who always asks for the fruit “if there’s any left over. I hate to see fruit go to waste.” I don’t mind because he’s not hoarding or asking for freebies. He genuinely likes fruit and genuinely dislikes waste.

Just say no. To go boxes are not available. Wrap a paper plate with plastic wrap for the guest who slept in.
They did not sleep in. They were down right at the time they said. I was surprised ALL went, nut it was there for them to eat as much as they wanted - like a buffet. I honestly do not remember the first couple other than the clean serving dishes (to much has been going on here), the second couple were visiting the "scene of the crime" (as I call it) on their 5th anniversary. Nice folks that I hope come back - even if he does ask for to-go.

I was just making an observation of the unusual. It shows they really liked my breakfasts. Nothing fancy, but good.

Attachments

• IMG_5545.jpg
    IMG_5545.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 2
Mine are Meakin and Johnson Brothers :)
My other set is Johnson Brothers - actually the Johnson Brothers is what I have most of. The person who sold me the Johnson Brothers service for 8 found 2 dinner plates, 3 platters, and 8 dessert plates last year and brought them to me. I will still give you the cups & saucers - just come get them!!

Back