Requesting Proof of Funds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful! So quickly it happened for you. It gives me hope for the day I list.
I hope they have good luck with financing too!

I hope they have good luck with financing too!.
Start planting those statues in the yard :)
EmptyNest said:
Yes, BD...plant those statues (upside down!) and have someone come in and bless your house. My Catholic neighbor did it for me. She has been in the house once or twice before, but didn't really know the layout or how things were set up. She walked throughout the entire house, blessing as she went, and when I opened the door to my quarters, she literally took a step back and said "Whoa". LOL. Apparently the energy in here was not good, which makes sense. But it's all good now! So yes...statues, and blessings and prayers and a good realtor! One that knows what the freak they're doing...that's all good :)
I also am amazed at how quickly it happened. Things are really picking up in this area, so that helps, for sure. They are putting well over half down, and based on other information they've shared, I've no doubt the financing will not be an issue. The inspection I am a bit worried about. It's an old house, and there's just no telling what may come up.

EmptyNest said:
Yes, BD...plant those statues (upside down!) and have someone come in and bless your house. My Catholic neighbor did it for me. She has been in the house once or twice before, but didn't really know the layout or how things were set up. She walked throughout the entire house, blessing as she went, and when I opened the door to my quarters, she literally took a step back and said "Whoa". LOL. Apparently the energy in here was not good, which makes sense. But it's all good now! So yes...statues, and blessings and prayers and a good realtor! One that knows what the freak they're doing...that's all good :)
I also am amazed at how quickly it happened. Things are really picking up in this area, so that helps, for sure. They are putting well over half down, and based on other information they've shared, I've no doubt the financing will not be an issue. The inspection I am a bit worried about. It's an old house, and there's just no telling what may come up.
We're not for sale yet, but hopefully in the next couple of years. There are so many b&bs for sale in our region and state. Kind of scary. But, as we all say here, we're all so different. You just have to find the right person for your place.

EmptyNest said:
We're not for sale yet, but hopefully in the next couple of years. There are so many b&bs for sale in our region and state. Kind of scary. But, as we all say here, we're all so different. You just have to find the right person for your place.
Everything in my town has sold. Don't know if it's better to be the only place for sale or to have other places to compare. Still have a couple of years.

Good for you! Was it the one that came with their family or the one that would not submit financials??.
egoodell said:
Good for you! Was it the one that came with their family or the one that would not submit financials??
Actually, it was neither. The family one was more interested in a lease (gaaaa! NO!) and the other - well...their loss!
Got to love it. Awaiting the inspection.
angel_smile.gif

I hope it all runs its course and you are free soon! (Then you can come visit all your innmates)
regular_smile.gif

INSPECTIONS TODAY! Ugh - so nervous! I still can't believe this is happening!

INSPECTIONS TODAY! Ugh - so nervous! I still can't believe this is happening!.
It's one of these things where you have no control over it. So just relax, because worrying about it won't do a single thing to change the outcome.

INSPECTIONS TODAY! Ugh - so nervous! I still can't believe this is happening!.
Very exciting and nerve wracking. Whatever they find (and they will find things) would need to be fixed anyway. Don't sweat the small stuff and the big stuff, let them take off the selling price. I say this from experience. When we had our inspection, they found that one of our four septic tanks needed to be replaced. The appropriate amount of funds came off the selling price. What we didn't figure was how disruptive and complicated it was to do on our specific property. They knew though!
As an owner, you know how certain repairs/fixes will not be able to be done with guests around. They don't really know this yet. You have to figure in the lack of funds while those things are being done. Let them do it if there is something major!

Back