Res key down?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Jeanne, the availability display at the bottom of your room pages is perfect. It looks like a LOT of code needed to generate it and allow selecting different months and all. We'd probably need to get customized code directly from John at ResKey so it's the right info for our places.
The code to copy may be available in our ResKey control panel, but I've never seen it there..
Arkansawyer said:
Yes, Jeanne, the availability display at the bottom of your room pages is perfect. It looks like a LOT of code needed to generate it and allow selecting different months and all. We'd probably need to get customized code directly from John at ResKey so it's the right info for our places.
The code to copy may be available in our ResKey control panel, but I've never seen it there.
I don't think it was that hard, although I may not be giving DH enough credit - he knows his way around a website. You may be able to copy it from our source file and just change to your userid. He (my DH) says there was something in ResKey - maybe in the blog or something - that showed the basics, then he tweaked it.

I couldn't find it on the blog but I've sent an e-mail to John referencing your DH's excellent work and asked him to point me in the right direction. Thanks, and my compliments to DH!

Look under Reports: Availability Calendar--Select Rooms #3 -- there are links and iframe code that you can copy and paste into your website.
Personally, I prefer the calendar style in the Availability Calendar--Select Rooms #2, so after studying the code available from report version 3, I made my own iframe code for the version 2 calendars and have pasted that into my website (a different one for each cottage). Note that I also fiddled with the reservation status color codes, as these show up in the version 2 calendars. If you use the checked-in, checked-out, and/or other status colors, you may want to think about whether you want to display all that information on a public-accessible availability calendar.

Not speaking to Harborfields for freezing up ResKey today ;-)
Yes, got this back from John. Have not yet dug into it.
HI,
Yes, this is easy to do [easy for John to say]. You can create your own availability calendar views in the REports sections. The sample you sent [muirford] is from Select Rooms - Availability Calendar Number 3.. Take a look at all the different reports in the avaialbility calendar section. You will find a link to open each of them outside of RK, in the upper right corner. Thanks,
John

OK, checked it out now. Indeed, very easy to set up! I would never have guessed it was under Reservation Manager Tab/Reports!

I just came in here to check if anyone else had the problem. This is not good. Not good at all. Has this happened before?.
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
I just came in here to check if anyone else had the problem. This is not good. Not good at all. Has this happened before?
It is rare. No system is going to be 100% guaranteed 100% of the time. The response time to problems by ResKey is betyter than any I have encountered. Good? no, it is not good - but as with everything, crap happens.
thanks Kathleen. I get stressed out over stuff like that. Now is the time that I fill my calendar for the year...I am good now
regular_smile.gif

It is still down for me here. I was setting up an account for a friend/new client. Figured it was just one of those things that happen from time to time. Rare for a site to be up 24/7/365
He'll be back soon I am sure.
I was able to log in and view our availability calendar as of 2:50 PM Eastern.
I just went it to edit so must be up now. While I am thinking about it. Can someone tell me where I can find the code to insert just a calendar on a page that shows availablity dates. I don't want folks to have to go through the search process...want a visual to just show on their web site. I did it with another site long ago and now I have forgotten.
EmptyNest said:
Can someone tell me where I can find the code to insert just a calendar on a page that shows availability dates.
I have wanted this too. I've seen some sites that have it, but I never figured out how to do it (and never asked).
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

Go to your Reservations / Report section. Click on Option 3 Availablility. COpy and paste the code into your site.

I just came in here to check if anyone else had the problem. This is not good. Not good at all. Has this happened before?.
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
I just came in here to check if anyone else had the problem. This is not good. Not good at all. Has this happened before?
It is rare. No system is going to be 100% guaranteed 100% of the time. The response time to problems by ResKey is betyter than any I have encountered. Good? no, it is not good - but as with everything, crap happens.
thanks Kathleen. I get stressed out over stuff like that. Now is the time that I fill my calendar for the year...I am good now
regular_smile.gif

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
regular_smile.gif
I figured that. Was not sure you would recognize the tongue in cheek if I had said - just back away from the computer, take a deep breath.......

It is still down for me here. I was setting up an account for a friend/new client. Figured it was just one of those things that happen from time to time. Rare for a site to be up 24/7/365
I just went it to edit so must be up now. While I am thinking about it. Can someone tell me where I can find the code to insert just a calendar on a page that shows availablity dates. I don't want folks to have to go through the search process...want a visual to just show on their web site. I did it with another site long ago and now I have forgotten.
EmptyNest said:
Can someone tell me where I can find the code to insert just a calendar on a page that shows availability dates.
I have wanted this too. I've seen some sites that have it, but I never figured out how to do it (and never asked).
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

Go to your Reservations / Report section. Click on Option 3 Availablility. COpy and paste the code into your site.
EmptyNest said:
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

Just to help others who may stumble across this later, you first set it to show the room(s) you want code for, then click the Refresh button on the page (not your browser's refresh button) to get the display just like you want it.
The code you copy then paste into your own site is the iframe code at the bottom of the Option 3 page (or whichever availability display option you like).

EmptyNest said:
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

Just to help others who may stumble across this later, you first set it to show the room(s) you want code for, then click the Refresh button on the page (not your browser's refresh button) to get the display just like you want it.
The code you copy then paste into your own site is the iframe code at the bottom of the Option 3 page (or whichever availability display option you like).
Only one problem for the site I am working on. I cannot size it to fit the screen and look good.
cry_smile.gif

You have to scroll left and right and up and down and I don't want that. So I am just left with putting in the search form.

EmptyNest said:
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

Only one problem for the site I am working on. I cannot size it to fit the screen and look good.
cry_smile.gif

You have to scroll left and right and up and down and I don't want that. So I am just left with putting in the search form.
EmptyNest said:
You have to scroll left and right and up and down and I don't want that.
In the iframe code you paste into your website, there are height and width numbers you can play with. It might not help with the left/right scrolling. You might have to make your web page wider to hold the full width of the thing without having to scroll.
But you should definitely be able to get rid of the up/down scrolling by making the height of the iframe enough to hold the whole calendar with no need for a scrollbar on the right.

EmptyNest said:
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
I just asked
teeth_smile.gif

cry_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
You have to scroll left and right and up and down and I don't want that.
In the iframe code you paste into your website, there are height and width numbers you can play with. It might not help with the left/right scrolling. You might have to make your web page wider to hold the full width of the thing without having to scroll.
But you should definitely be able to get rid of the up/down scrolling by making the height of the iframe enough to hold the whole calendar with no need for a scrollbar on the right.
yes i can adjust the height, but not the width. l cannot change the page width. It is an old style html site that i did not create but am just updating with res key.
John says i can't make it to fit the page.

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
regular_smile.gif

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
regular_smile.gif
I figured that. Was not sure you would recognize the tongue in cheek if I had said - just back away from the computer, take a deep breath.......
gillumhouse said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
regular_smile.gif
I would have recognized your tongue there, heehee
wink_smile.gif

Back