Reservation Key and Facebook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baygirl

Reaction score
Is anyone using RK on their FB page? I have it linked, but when people try to book from it a blank screen comes up. I am probably missing a step in linking the two. When I try it from my own FB page it works fine, but I think that's because I'm the administrator for the page. Would love to know if you have this up and running and maybe give me some insight on what I'm missing.
thanks...

I attempted to load it on and couldn't get it to work so deleted it.

Darn... I emailed John as well but I haven't heard back from him yet. I would really love this option on the FB page but only if I can get it working properly.

Are there directions somewhere that tell us how to load it onto FB?.
Breakfast Diva said:
Are there directions somewhere that tell us how to load it onto FB?
BD I think John wrote a blog about it a while back, I would start there, I remember following some directions from something and then it didn't work so I didn't continue.
here tis
http://reservationkey.com/tour-facebook.asp
THANKS JB!!! I'm excited to give it a try. I'll work on it this afternoon.

JB, could you go to my FB page and click on the ResKey tab and tell me what you see? I can't tell what the public sees and I sure hope it's NOT what I see!
Thanks
ok, panic is over. Ithink I've got it fixed now

JB, could you go to my FB page and click on the ResKey tab and tell me what you see? I can't tell what the public sees and I sure hope it's NOT what I see!
Thanks
ok, panic is over. Ithink I've got it fixed now.
I get your rez page (in a frame) and all working properly. The page itself is way long though, not sure why that is, it is twice the length it probably should be. But other than that, it looks great.

I just clicked R/K Online Reservations on Proud Texan's fb page and got...

[tr]
red_x.png
[/td]

This content cannot be displayed in a frame[/h1]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td] [/td]
[td]
To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

Thanks
I get your rez page (in a frame) and all working properly. The page itself is way long though, not sure why that is, it is twice the length it probably should be. But other than that, it looks great.
Thanks JB! I've tweeked it a little more and actually have made a different tab that has a picture of our inn and when you go on that tab, when you click on the 'reserve' button, it takes you to the calendar view. I prefer that view more for guests to see immediately what room and rate is available.
This is great! I don't know if it will mean more reservations from FB, but it's cool anyways.

Thanks
Thanks JB! I've tweeked it a little more and actually have made a different tab that has a picture of our inn and when you go on that tab, when you click on the 'reserve' button, it takes you to the calendar view. I prefer that view more for guests to see immediately what room and rate is available.
This is great! I don't know if it will mean more reservations from FB, but it's cool anyways.
Ah yeah! Now that's what we're talkin' bout BD!
Arks there were two ways to display, one was the actual rez page and the other is a portal in the app to the reservations. The second one you can manipulate and customize better.

Thanks
Joey Bloggs said:
I get your rez page (in a frame) and all working properly.
I just got online reservations set up for our river cabins Facebook page and was happy to see that even though the ResKey reservations are running in a frame within the fb page, it says https in the address bar so all is perfect!

Back