Reservation Key Mobile Phone Reservation Problem

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
This is the second time this has happened to us.
We get a reservation through ReservationKey and many of the "required" fields are left unpopulated, yet the reservation goes through. I can always email or call the guest to get the additional information, but I don't like that the reservation is processing without the "I agree to your terms" box checked. I need something to show that they have read and agreed to our policies.
A communication with John, whose customer service is usually stellar, came back with the digital equivalent of a shrug. The reservation, it seems was made from an iPhone and apparently something with the iOS browser conflicts with the code that causes a field to be "required." Well, fix it!!
We are living in a mobile society and culture. This is inexcusable. If our reservation forms do not work correctly with mobile devices, we're screwed.
Anyone else experience this?

I've had it happen a few times. Regarding the click if you agree button, at first I panicked about it not being there, then I realized that we're doubly covered because when they click the submit reservation button, it still says that by doing that they are agreeing to our conditions and policies. There is no way they can submit a reservation and get out of their obligation.
Missing 2nd name is annoying, but nothing to panic over. I do agree with you though that the situation needs to be fixed. More and more people are using moble devices to make their reservations.

No, but now that you mention it our reservations come in with the browser type now so perhaps I should watch for that. Yikes too much for me to figure out, I just looked and did see one that had the word 'mobile' in it. Hope he gets it sorted out!

Browser-side validation always needs to be paired with server-side validation... then this wouldn't be happening and would be a non-issue.

Browser-side validation always needs to be paired with server-side validation... then this wouldn't be happening and would be a non-issue..
swirt said:
Browser-side validation always needs to be paired with server-side validation... then this wouldn't be happening and would be a non-issue.
I knew that was the problem!
wink_smile.gif

Browser-side validation always needs to be paired with server-side validation... then this wouldn't be happening and would be a non-issue..
swirt said:
That's essientially what John said. But because of the ever-changing nature of browsers, he only programs to cover the major ones. I would guess that the major culprits are the mobile browsers. Still, this needs to be addressed. This is the only blemish on an otherwise great reservation system.

Back