Reservation Key problem

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Anyone else been having this problem with ResKey?
On multiple occasions MANDATORY fields in the reservation form are not being populated by the customer, yet the reservation is going through. ResKey customer support guessed that the problem might be related to iOs or Android operating systems because several of these reservations were made on phones.
To this I say "Bull Pucky!" Field validation is done on the ResKey server and has nothing to do with the OS that the reservation is made from.
I had a reservation process this morning where the customer only filled in their street address, apparently, totally omitting the city, state and zip code. Well, since a zip code is now required to process a credit card transaction on Authorize.net, that means that at some point, the customer had to input the zipcode. Why was this not trapped?
The zip was shown on my Authorize.net receipt, so I was forensically able to figure out the city from that. I've had several recent occasions where I have had to apologetically contact the customer to get the information that should have been on their reservation summary in the first place. I'm getting very frustrated with this process.
This problem seems recent, so something is going on.

Again, sorry to not be of any help, your mandatory fields for auth.net may be diff to my mandatory fields.
Not sure how it slipped through, and in fact did the guest type it in and it did not populate on the rez or did the guest NOT type it in, and it accepted it anyway? That is what I would like to know.

Sometimes on the reservation itself, I don't see a city or zip on RESKey, but it's always at the bottom where their credit card number is.

I've had issues with a completely different online booking engine and in that case it was dependent on the OS that was used. But, if your case is new, then yup, something new is going on.

Sometimes on the reservation itself, I don't see a city or zip on RESKey, but it's always at the bottom where their credit card number is..
Baygirl said:
Sometimes on the reservation itself, I don't see a city or zip on RESKey, but it's always at the bottom where their credit card number is.
YES! That has happened to me as well. Down there I get the info.

In my opinion, I think it's because there is only 1 box for the guest to fill out with their address. Typically, there are separate boxes for street address, city and zip. The title of that box says 'mailing address' and people are used to first just putting in their street address...most people with more than 2 brain cells will add all the info, but you'll always get some that can't handle it and just put in street address, maybe thinking another box will ask for the rest.
Like the others, when this happens I go down to the credit card info and most of the time it solves the problem. Maybe we should ask for separate boxes on the form. Doesn't seem like it would be a problem to change.

In my opinion, I think it's because there is only 1 box for the guest to fill out with their address. Typically, there are separate boxes for street address, city and zip. The title of that box says 'mailing address' and people are used to first just putting in their street address...most people with more than 2 brain cells will add all the info, but you'll always get some that can't handle it and just put in street address, maybe thinking another box will ask for the rest.
Like the others, when this happens I go down to the credit card info and most of the time it solves the problem. Maybe we should ask for separate boxes on the form. Doesn't seem like it would be a problem to change..
Breakfast Diva said:
In my opinion, I think it's because there is only 1 box for the guest to fill out with their address.
Yes, I think you've nailed it. The way it's set up there's no way to know if they put the whole address in the box or not.

I just don't get why the reservation is processed but the the zip isn't recorded in the reservation summary. On Authorize.net, the reservation will not process without the correct zip code, so I know it's being entered.

Back