Reservation Key Question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
I would like to "Add a Room" to my property, but I can't see anywhere that this can be done. Right now, we have two units and I should be able to have up to four with my current setup.
If I go under the Properties Tab and select Rooms/Units, shouldn't it allow me to add a room?

Is the tab there to ADD ROOM/UNIT? I clicked it and it opened the page to add a room for me (like it has before).

For those of you that do weddings at your property this is a good thing to add is an extra room! I named mine weddings! Do not make it live unless you want to. I needed a way to book weddings for people that are not staying on property. This was a great way to do it! Just a helpful hint I found! I also asked John if he could make a aut only button to make sure people have enough on their card when they arrive. He said he would work on it.

For those of you that do weddings at your property this is a good thing to add is an extra room! I named mine weddings! Do not make it live unless you want to. I needed a way to book weddings for people that are not staying on property. This was a great way to do it! Just a helpful hint I found! I also asked John if he could make a aut only button to make sure people have enough on their card when they arrive. He said he would work on it..
Bob said:
For those of you that do weddings at your property this is a good thing to add is an extra room! I named mine weddings! Do not make it live unless you want to. I needed a way to book weddings for people that are not staying on property. This was a great way to do it! Just a helpful hint I found! I also asked John if he could make a aut only button to make sure people have enough on their card when they arrive. He said he would work on it.
That's just down right scary! That's exactly what I'm trying to do. John fixed an errant setting that I had and I'm good to go.

For those of you that do weddings at your property this is a good thing to add is an extra room! I named mine weddings! Do not make it live unless you want to. I needed a way to book weddings for people that are not staying on property. This was a great way to do it! Just a helpful hint I found! I also asked John if he could make a aut only button to make sure people have enough on their card when they arrive. He said he would work on it..
Bob said:
That's just down right scary! That's exactly what I'm trying to do. John fixed an errant setting that I had and I'm good to go.
That's great! Glad you have it working!

In response to this new way of listing Wedding services, John has implemented two new codes for email templates.
{{getitemsforsale_short}}
{{getitemsforsale_all}}
This will show all items purchased even if a room is not being rented. Works great!

I was going to try Reservation Key but I don't want to spend over $100 to have it installed, because I can't be on cell phone and computer at the same time.
What all you post here it just seems to me that you all are well above me when it comes to this program!
wink_smile.gif

I was going to try Reservation Key but I don't want to spend over $100 to have it installed, because I can't be on cell phone and computer at the same time.
What all you post here it just seems to me that you all are well above me when it comes to this program!
wink_smile.gif
Ice said:
wink_smile.gif
If you have a smart phone, then they have a smartphone version that works for that.

wink_smile.gif
Ice said:
wink_smile.gif
If you have a smart phone, then they have a smartphone version that works for that.
Proud Texan said:
Ice said:
wink_smile.gif
I have a smart phone but that is where the smart ends!

wink_smile.gif
Ice said:
wink_smile.gif
Ice, you don't need to be on a cell & computer at the same time. You don't even have to use ResKey on your cell - that is just an added feature.
There is no charge to install ResKey, just a monthy user fee after 1st mth trial, and the rate depends on the # of rooms. You should go to their website and read there. It is easy to get started and if you just want to do the basics you won't need to know the stuff spoken on this thread (or some of the others).

wink_smile.gif
You lost me - why would you be on the computer and the cell phone at the same time?
When I get a phone reservation, I write it down on an index card and then go in to RezKey and enter it after I hang up. I also copy down the info from a RezKet e-mail for a file because I do not trust the system to ALWAYS be up. My index cards are my backup.

wink_smile.gif
Ice said:
wink_smile.gif
Ice, you don't need to be on a cell & computer at the same time. You don't even have to use ResKey on your cell - that is just an added feature.
There is no charge to install ResKey, just a monthy user fee after 1st mth trial, and the rate depends on the # of rooms. You should go to their website and read there. It is easy to get started and if you just want to do the basics you won't need to know the stuff spoken on this thread (or some of the others).
This is so true - I know NOTHING and John set me up so I was good to go. With 3 rooms, the ANNUAL fee is less than one night in my best room. I have had 6 reservations come in this way this week alone - several are multiple night stays.

wink_smile.gif
You lost me - why would you be on the computer and the cell phone at the same time?
When I get a phone reservation, I write it down on an index card and then go in to RezKey and enter it after I hang up. I also copy down the info from a RezKet e-mail for a file because I do not trust the system to ALWAYS be up. My index cards are my backup.
gillumhouse said:
When I get a phone reservation, I write it down on an index card and then go in to RezKey and enter it after I hang up.
That will work 99.9% of the time, but the other day we got a call from someone who was in the midst of making a reservation and suddenly the room said unavailable and they couldn't complete the reservation.
Turns out, somebody else was making a reservation at the very same time, and, just like the sperm and the egg, as soon as the first person clicked to finalize, all others were locked out (as it should be).

wink_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
When I get a phone reservation, I write it down on an index card and then go in to RezKey and enter it after I hang up.
That will work 99.9% of the time, but the other day we got a call from someone who was in the midst of making a reservation and suddenly the room said unavailable and they couldn't complete the reservation.
Turns out, somebody else was making a reservation at the very same time, and, just like the sperm and the egg, as soon as the first person clicked to finalize, all others were locked out (as it should be).
Arkansawyer said:
gillumhouse said:
BUT the innkeeper has the opportunity to not confirm - explain to the online that the room was booked - technical glitch. Yes, it can happen but the likelihood is minimal. No matter what one does, Murphy stick's his nose in.

Is anybody else having trouble getting their new reservation emails from Reskey? I haven't had any for the last 48 hours. I have alerted John but have not heard of any possible resolution. I think he has switched email servers and my ISP doesn't like it. They are not in my junk folder, they are not in the junk folder on my ISP email site - they just never get to me. This has happened once before to me; just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it again. I'm very frustrated - I have to email him for every online res I get to get the credit card info sent to me.

I can happily report that we HAVE received new reskey reservation confirmation emails in the last 48 hours.

Is anybody else having trouble getting their new reservation emails from Reskey? I haven't had any for the last 48 hours. I have alerted John but have not heard of any possible resolution. I think he has switched email servers and my ISP doesn't like it. They are not in my junk folder, they are not in the junk folder on my ISP email site - they just never get to me. This has happened once before to me; just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it again. I'm very frustrated - I have to email him for every online res I get to get the credit card info sent to me..
Mine are coming in, but in the past have had them come in slow.
If this keeps happening, you may want to set up another email address (gmail, etc) just for these emails.
It's always something, isn't it?!

Is anybody else having trouble getting their new reservation emails from Reskey? I haven't had any for the last 48 hours. I have alerted John but have not heard of any possible resolution. I think he has switched email servers and my ISP doesn't like it. They are not in my junk folder, they are not in the junk folder on my ISP email site - they just never get to me. This has happened once before to me; just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it again. I'm very frustrated - I have to email him for every online res I get to get the credit card info sent to me..
muirford said:
Is anybody else having trouble getting their new reservation emails from Reskey? I haven't had any for the last 48 hours. I have alerted John but have not heard of any possible resolution. I think he has switched email servers and my ISP doesn't like it. They are not in my junk folder, they are not in the junk folder on my ISP email site - they just never get to me. This has happened once before to me; just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it again. I'm very frustrated - I have to email him for every online res I get to get the credit card info sent to me.
No haven't had an issue so far. But rez aren't flying off the shelf at the moment, I wish they were!

Back