Reservation Key?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get what you are saying. But was there another way around this previousely? I have always had to adjust ti manually, in fact when the booking comes in, I will go and free up JUST that room from the two night min to allow a booking.
I have never seen anything else, am I missing it entirely? Was there another way?.
Webervations 2.0 had it working for a little about 3 years ago. Then they made us do it manually. Reservation Key does not allow us to do that unless you change ig for the whole year. You can not reduce a 2 night stay for just 1 night. Have you tried it yet? Go in and test it. Then try and find a way to reduce the non stay for just 1 night and not the while year!
Let me ask this- if you had ONE weekend in the whole year where you wanted to have a 2-night min, are you telling me that reskey will FORCE you to make it for every weekend all year? If that is not the case, there has to be a way to make one weekend different from the rest.
It may be the way you originally set it up. I don't have reskey so I can't do the research. However, I have heard that the guy who owns reskey is very open to helping. Give him a call.
Madeleine said:
Let me ask this- if you had ONE weekend in the whole year where you wanted to have a 2-night min, are you telling me that reskey will FORCE you to make it for every weekend all year? If that is not the case, there has to be a way to make one weekend different from the rest.
It may be the way you originally set it up. I don't have reskey so I can't do the research. However, I have heard that the guy who owns reskey is very open to helping. Give him a call.
I would like to say this needs to go to Support, not here, as THIS IS NOT THE CASE Maddie, in the least. of course not. Anyway, I will sign off now, this is a snowball and it bugs me when people jump in and the whole issue gets messed up. Let the dude with the issue deal with support on the issue.
Wow!! I kinda thought this was what this forum was about. Talking to each other about our field. Things that work, things that don't work. Helping each other with problems we are having. I guess I posted a question on the wrong forum. I thought I was on Innspiring. so sorry for posting!
Bob said:
Wow!! I kinda thought this was what this forum was about. Talking to each other about our field. Things that work, things that don't work. Helping each other with problems we are having. I guess I posted a question on the wrong forum. I thought I was on Innspiring. so sorry for posting!
Bob, we DO help each other and talk about problems but this is a specific problem related to a specific system. I know I had set specific dates as 2-night minimums (John helpe me set it up) but not all year. I have since forgotten how to do it and do not really care because I take what I can get, when I can get it. Thing is, sometimes the only way to understand what is happening is to actulally see it. WE cannot fix it - John can. I had a problem that we were able to resolve ONLY after we went on Sky pe with a shared screen so he could see what I was geting. And THEN he could fix it - and did. The more it was being discussed, the more confusing it became. and that is why JB said what she did..
I will use ResKey as long as I have a B & B because he is so supportive.

Bob said:
....if you have a 2 night min on Friday and Sat and you are full on Monday, it will let the customer book just Sat...
I have a reservation entered on Monday June 4. I just tried to make a one-night reservation on Saturday June 2 through our website reservation page and the system says "We require a minimum stay of 2 nights" like it should..
Ok there is Two problems with the way this is set up.
1) if you have clicked the button "reduce min night stay I it can't be met" then her is why happens.
If you have a 2 night min on the weekends and you fill up on Monday but you still have rooms available for a Friday and Saturday night stay that currently have a 2 night min, it will allow the customer to book just Saturday for a 1 night stay.leaving you with a Friday open.
2) Without using the "reduce min night stay if it can't be met" button
If you have the system set up for 2 night min on the weekends and you are full on Monday. Then a customer books a Thursday and Friday night. This leaves Saturday available. No buddy will be able to book this room ever unless the customer calls you and you enter their info in manually. The customer will get a message that "we require a 2 night stay." The only way you can book that room is If you do it for them. There is no way to go in and change the min night stay for the 1 room for the 1 night. If you do change the rule it will
default for the whole year. Then you will no longer have a 2 night min on the weekends.
It sounds like you've found something that isn't working properly. You probably should call the support desk.
I'm still not sure what Monday has to do with setting a 2-night min on every weekend! You keep mentioning being full on Monday!
Is there a way to set the minimum stay for EACH room separately from the other rooms? That's what I do when someone books a Th-Fr when I wanted them to book Fr-Sa. I set that ONE room as bookable for one night. But just that one room, not the rest of them. But it does have to be done manually. (In my system there is no 'button', I have to go into the 'minimum stay' feature and select the date and the room I want to change. I can do all rooms at the same time, but I can also do any of them individually.)
And, you're right. If the guest is trying to book one night and they keep getting a message that they have to book two nights even tho only one night is available, they will think your calendar isn't working and will either call or move on.
I've had them call and say they keep getting the must book 2 nights even tho they only want one night. Hmmm, right, that's why it's set up to force 2 nights, I don't WANT one nighters on that weekend! But they don't want 2 nights. I put them on a hold list.

If the aggravation is no longer worth it.... Res Nexus is a beautiful set-up and this type of issue does not happen with their system. Again, if you #1 consideration is price, Res Key is the answer. If you want the system to work they way you would want it to work - there are better options out there.

If the aggravation is no longer worth it.... Res Nexus is a beautiful set-up and this type of issue does not happen with their system. Again, if you #1 consideration is price, Res Key is the answer. If you want the system to work they way you would want it to work - there are better options out there..
Maybe you can afford Res Nexus..but lots of folks cannot. ResKey is just fine and for most of us it works just the way we want.

If the aggravation is no longer worth it.... Res Nexus is a beautiful set-up and this type of issue does not happen with their system. Again, if you #1 consideration is price, Res Key is the answer. If you want the system to work they way you would want it to work - there are better options out there..
If you want the system to work the way you want it to work, you contact Support for that system and ask. Not meaning to be snarky, but just because something is affordable does not mean it is a bad product. Trust me, if it were a bad product I, as a user of ReservationKey, would be screaming that fact to one and all. Those of us who use it, love it. If WE have a problem, we contact John and he handles it. That is what I did and that is what happened. Quickly - and it was after hours. Not saying that would always happen that quickly and after hours, but it is within 24 hours for certain.

If you want the system to work the way you want it to work, you contact Support for that system and ask. Not meaning to be snarky, but just because something is affordable does not mean it is a bad product. Trust me, if it were a bad product I, as a user of ReservationKey, would be screaming that fact to one and all. Those of us who use it, love it. If WE have a problem, we contact John and he handles it. That is what I did and that is what happened. Quickly - and it was after hours. Not saying that would always happen that quickly and after hours, but it is within 24 hours for certain.
Resnexus does look nice but for $80 a month I want them to figure out how to include my wine tour booking calendar. None of the expensive onces can, so why would I pay that for 2-5 rooms. I would not have a need for all the bells and whistles.
That said, if I had 10 rooms or more, I would certainly sign right up.
You have to realize that those big systems are too expensive for small inns. Our county only allows 5 rooms.
Riki

Back