Quantcast

Reservation software

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Mitch511

Reaction score
Hi y'all! I have never posted on this forum, so I'll introduce myself. My name is Michelle. My husband and I own a 9 room Inn in New Orleans. We bought the business 3 years ago, and are the 3rd owners. We have been using the reservation system we inherited, Rezovation. I'm not too tech savy, and it was easiest to just keep doing what the previous owners had in place. Rezovation has been bought by a Europeon company called eviivo and they are integrating to their platform in the next few months. We are now in the position of having to change our reservation system. While eviivo looks slick and definitely mobile friendly (which Rezo was NOT), I want to make sure I do my research and go with the best, and most cost effective system. So, I'm curious, what do you all use and are you happy with it? I have spoken with Innroad, and have a live demo scheduled for next week. The idea of migrating all my reservations to another system is definitely overwhelming to me. We are heading in to our busiest season, so I need to do this sometime in the next two months.
Thanks in advance for what I am sure will be your fantastic advice!

Arks

Reaction score
Two very popular ones are Reservation Key, $34/month for up to 10 rooms, and ThinkReservations, $90/month for 9 rooms ($10/room/month).
If you want to accept instant online payments so guests get instant confirmation that the reservation is made and a deposit accepted, there will be some additional charges for the payment processor.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love ReservationKey and have used it for years now. Lots of Bells & Whistles that are NOT complicated, 30-day free trial, great tech support, and John will "hold your hand" to get you on the system the way you want it. It has a lot of reports also. Easy for both me and the guests to use.

Anon Inn

Reaction score
I'll chime in on Reservation Key. I don't use all features, but have found that as my needs change, the handy features are already there. My personal favorite is the ability to see that your correspondence has been opened and read by the guest. I've been using since 2011. 2 inn rooms and 2 vacation rentals. Formerly with ResNexus.

flyingace71

Reaction score
We are deciding between ThinkReservations and Little Hotelier right now. Current owners use ResKey.

JimBoone

Reaction score
We are deciding between ThinkReservations and Little Hotelier right now. Current owners use ResKey..
flyingace71 said:
We are deciding between ThinkReservations and Little Hotelier right now. Current owners use ResKey.
Just 2 cents worth from an old guy who has managed different businesses over the years; if something is in place and working I wouldn't be in too big of a rush to make changes quickly, get your feet on the ground, get comfortable with your operation and then change slowly as you find a personal reason to make a change. I don't mean just the booking system, but all the processes that are in place, there is so much to learn without adding new initially, make it easier on yourself.

Copperhead

Reaction score
We are deciding between ThinkReservations and Little Hotelier right now. Current owners use ResKey..
flyingace71 said:
Just 2 cents worth from an old guy who has managed different businesses over the years; if something is in place and working I wouldn't be in too big of a rush to make changes quickly, get your feet on the ground, get comfortable with your operation and then change slowly as you find a personal reason to make a change. I don't mean just the booking system, but all the processes that are in place, there is so much to learn without adding new initially, make it easier on yourself.
JimBoone said:
flyingace71 said:
And I too will add my 2 cents. Flyinggace - take some time to look through ResKey and make sure that they are using all the bells and whistles that are offered with them. Make sure it is set up the way you like, etc. as many people do not. The forum on their site is great to ask questions if you are unsure how something works. There are different ways to set up the view as well.

flyingace71

Reaction score
Thank you both for your insights. I have thought this but thought " hey, we're going to go in there and make it all ours! " and that is just overwhelming. I will redesign the website (since it's what I do for a living and easy for me), but I'll wait on changing up the reservation software.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you both for your insights. I have thought this but thought " hey, we're going to go in there and make it all ours! " and that is just overwhelming. I will redesign the website (since it's what I do for a living and easy for me), but I'll wait on changing up the reservation software..
flyingace71 said:
Thank you both for your insights. I have thought this but thought " hey, we're going to go in there and make it all ours! " and that is just overwhelming. I will redesign the website (since it's what I do for a living and easy for me), but I'll wait on changing up the reservation software.
We took an entire year before we made any drastic changes. The first one? Getting online booking. We were the first b&b in our town to have it.
We used the same cookbook, had the same furnishings, had the same prices.
After a year we had a better idea of who our market was and wasn't and that's when the changes rolled in!
Complete interior renovation, all new breakfasts, new attitude all around.
If occupancy is low, then definitely jump in to change that. If it's high, but prices are too low, make changes slowly but steadily. If occupancy and pricess are where you want them, go slowly until you understand who your customer is.

Como Depot

Reaction score
I had a demo from Reservation Key and am highly likely to sign up. It is very configurable and whilst I may not take advantage of all those features I know from previous experience there will be some that I will and will find annoying if I could not.

witthuus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are about to close on our B&B ( hopefully next week ). Current owner uses thinkreservations. I wasn't sure if I should continue using them or switch to resnexus. Well, thinkreservations made the decision easy. They wanted to charge me $240/hour for training. Really ?? You want me to buy your product but do not want to tell me how to use it for free ?? It's like collecting money for my rooms but I won't tell you how to get in :)

Resnexus is it now - already signed up and have been on the phone with them for training for 3 x 1 hour at no extra charge. Love it so far

KenW

Reaction score
We use Little Hotellier, works well channel manager, and basic website design. Cople of things we wish we could change...more options the site design and wish it had a calendar type of room availability but for $175 a month all is good. Support is good.

Generic

Reaction score
Unlike others, I have to have software that works in TWO languages, and Think only works in American English. I use ResKey and have translated the software front end to work in both languages. And yes, I had to fix the English as well.... We spell differently here. There is also Beds24, but I haven't tried it. I use a separate channel manager.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We are about to close on our B&B ( hopefully next week ). Current owner uses thinkreservations. I wasn't sure if I should continue using them or switch to resnexus. Well, thinkreservations made the decision easy. They wanted to charge me $240/hour for training. Really ?? You want me to buy your product but do not want to tell me how to use it for free ?? It's like collecting money for my rooms but I won't tell you how to get in :)

Resnexus is it now - already signed up and have been on the phone with them for training for 3 x 1 hour at no extra charge. Love it so far
That’s absurd! I haven’t come across anyone who charges you for training. They do charge if you want them to do the work, but not to show you how!

witthuus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s absurd! I haven’t come across anyone who charges you for training. They do charge if you want them to do the work, but not to show you how!
Yes - that is absurd and that is exactly what they emailed me. I didn't even try to argue. Resnexus is it for me

This is what they emailed me ( it is actually $250 - not $240/hour ):

Optional New Owner Training:
We do offer a one hour New Owner Training. The cost of the training is $250. Let us know if you're interested in this, and we will schedule the training.
Below are some helpful resources for you as you begin using ThinkReservations .......

Last edited:

Riverparkinn

Reaction score
Be sure your vendor for online reservations is ADA compliant. For example, a person who is blind should be able to book a room on your website without using a mouse. Think Reservations is ADA compliant but there are some others. Website itself should also be ADA compliant as you probably know but booking engine by a different vendor should be as well. I have never been charged by Think Reservations for any training and it is ongoing!!

An Old Tavernkeeper

Reaction score
We pay $25 a month for ReservationKey for 8 rooms. John will train you, help set up all the connections and be there for you any time you need him all for free. (He is living in Italy so there is sometimes a slight delay due to time difference)

Don't waste your money on other solutions especially if they require myallocator and other add on expenses.

ReservationKey interfaces perfectly with Airbnb, ExpedIa, bedandbreafast.com etc all at no extra charge.