Reservation Software

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'm just a cheapskate, Reservation Key is $44 for my size property, less for smaller properties. I do pay another $10 to folks that host my website. Mom and pop so not much "management needed" and don't use OTA services, that cheap side of me again.
It's really all we have ever used, for 8 rooms plus 2 other properties. It's got to be pretty simple for us to set up and use. It was one stop for everything and they continually to make improvements.

Guess I'm just a cheapskate, Reservation Key is $44 for my size property, less for smaller properties.

Nope not a cheapskate, Res Key is just much more reasonably priced than other companies. To add Channex, their channel booker is a mere $25 a month, with no extra surcharge % like Think.

Thanks, Momma Smurf and Arks, maybe thrifty is a better word to use. I've always felt the bottom line was the important number. We attempt to spend on those things that are important to our guests and be thrifty in other areas. Reservation Key does everything I could think of needing and much more if desired, never felt I needed much support to fill my needs, although I do browse their forum a few minutes as part of my early morning of checking email and FB and this site, sometimes I learn some tricks, sometimes maybe I can contribute.

I've always felt the bottom line was the important number.
Absolutely. I don't worry too much about things I'm going to buy just one time. Sure, I'll look for a bargain on a chair if I can find one, but I don't fret over finding the best price possible, because it's a one-time thing.

But if it's a recurring cost, like a monthly software charge, those little differences really add up over 5 or 10 years, so it's the recurring charge items I really shop carefully on.

Last edited:
Back