Reservations from TA

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the live person call. They said they will put MY number up for the remainder of the trial period if that is OK. I said if it is MY number I do not care but if it requires a donation from my checking account it is NOT happening. She told me I had over 70 referrals to my web sit from TA in the last month. I fine, I can check that out right now. "How" I just happen to have a tracking program on my site. "Oh, it is not track-able from TA"
HmmmmIf it is not track-able to my web site from T A, they can toss out any number and it is strange that everyone else is track-able. I think they are handing people a lot of bull. IF I want another directory, I can get a good one for less than T A wants. I think they would be a lot more credible if they could show real stats - like allow YOUR trackers to pick up hits from TA much like G allows - then I could see what actually comes from them..
gillumhouse said:
I just got the live person call. They said they will put MY number up for the remainder of the trial period if that is OK. I said if it is MY number I do not care but if it requires a donation from my checking account it is NOT happening. She told me I had over 70 referrals to my web sit from TA in the last month. I fine, I can check that out right now. "How" I just happen to have a tracking program on my site. "Oh, it is not track-able from TA"
HmmmmIf it is not track-able to my web site from T A, they can toss out any number and it is strange that everyone else is track-able. I think they are handing people a lot of bull. IF I want another directory, I can get a good one for less than T A wants. I think they would be a lot more credible if they could show real stats - like allow YOUR trackers to pick up hits from TA much like G allows - then I could see what actually comes from them.
If you don't have a biz listing, there is no link for your site on TA. No link means you can't track how many people went from TA to your website.
That was my point - they can tell me any number they want that went to my site from T A and I have no way to prove them wrong. Perhaps rather than the dummy phone number, a link would have been better because we CAN see that to know it is real. Pulling unproveable numbers out of nowhere does not convince me of anything.
They were all excited to tell me I had 2 calls using the number they posted!!! Me. Testing the number to see what happened. Since we have dropped down the list again I am not expecting great things from being on TA and not going to pay $689 for a biz listing.
Last time I tried it the price was around $300. Because they have a gazillion views everyday the price has gone up. I get that. If I went from half a gazillion reservations to a gazillion my prices would go up, too.
They also wanted me to sign up for the email begging for a review. If guests won't write when I ask, why would they write when someone they don't even know asks? Altho, my guess is the email goes out with MY info not TA but they then have the guest's email whether or not the guest ever signs up to write a review.

HmmmmIf it is not track-able to my web site from T A, they can toss out any number and it is strange that everyone else is track-able. I think they are handing people a lot of bull. IF I want another directory, I can get a good one for less than T A wants. I think they would be a lot more credible if they could show real stats - like allow YOUR trackers to pick up hits from TA much like G allows - then I could see what actually comes from them..
gillumhouse said:
HmmmmIf it is not track-able to my web site from T A, they can toss out any number and it is strange that everyone else is track-able. I think they are handing people a lot of bull. IF I want another directory, I can get a good one for less than T A wants. I think they would be a lot more credible if they could show real stats - like allow YOUR trackers to pick up hits from TA much like G allows - then I could see what actually comes from them.
If you don't have a biz listing, there is no link for your site on TA. No link means you can't track how many people went from TA to your website.
That was my point - they can tell me any number they want that went to my site from T A and I have no way to prove them wrong. Perhaps rather than the dummy phone number, a link would have been better because we CAN see that to know it is real. Pulling unproveable numbers out of nowhere does not convince me of anything.
They were all excited to tell me I had 2 calls using the number they posted!!! Me. Testing the number to see what happened. Since we have dropped down the list again I am not expecting great things from being on TA and not going to pay $689 for a biz listing.
Last time I tried it the price was around $300. Because they have a gazillion views everyday the price has gone up. I get that. If I went from half a gazillion reservations to a gazillion my prices would go up, too.
They also wanted me to sign up for the email begging for a review. If guests won't write when I ask, why would they write when someone they don't even know asks? Altho, my guess is the email goes out with MY info not TA but they then have the guest's email whether or not the guest ever signs up to write a review.
Madeleine said:
And then T A has another source of revenue as they sell the good lists.

Back