Residential Mortgage vs Business Loan

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the masses!
Somebody recently suggested to me that I look into getting a combination of a commercial loan and a mortgage. His suggestion was to put 10% down, try to find a commercial loan that would cover 40 - 50%, and then find a mortgage to cover the remainder. Does this make sense to anyone?.
I don't see how that can work. Your house and business are one in the same. The bank loans you money and in return they can foreclose on you if you fail to pay. If you have a mortgage, the bank owns the property, but if there is also a commercial loan, what can they foreclose on?? Doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah, I don't think this makes any sense either. Just thought I'd ask in case I was wrong!

Question for the masses!
Somebody recently suggested to me that I look into getting a combination of a commercial loan and a mortgage. His suggestion was to put 10% down, try to find a commercial loan that would cover 40 - 50%, and then find a mortgage to cover the remainder. Does this make sense to anyone?.
Maybe the idea was to get some sort of backing on the loan like from the SBA out other small business group?

We built with a residential loan/mortgage. Then opened the B&B. We checked into changing to a commercial mortgage and it made no sense. Also, when we retire and sell we can sell either as a B&B or as a private home.
Riki

Question for the masses!
I don't see how that can work. Your house and business are one in the same. The bank loans you money and in return they can foreclose on you if you fail to pay. If you have a mortgage, the bank owns the property, but if there is also a commercial loan, what can they foreclose on?? Doesn't make sense to me.
Breakfast Diva said:
Well, I don't know. In a regular commercial building, the business owner often doesn't own the building but can still get a business loan based on some combination of credit-worthiness, business plan and/or inventory. Maybe you could do the same for a B&B. Get a residential loan for the property and a business loan for the furnishings, goodwill, market share or whatever that you will use to run the business.
I mean, if a retail store goes out of business with a business loan or investors, what do they get? Not the building, usually.

Question for the masses!
That sounds kind of like an sba 504 loan. You put down 10% sba puts down 40% and bank puts down 50%.

Question for the masses!
That sounds kind of like an sba 504 loan. You put down 10% sba puts down 40% and bank puts down 50%.
Yes I think that's what he was describing. Does this sound like a viable way to finance a bed and breakfast or small inn?

Could be. Most people see sba loans as almost impossible to get. I saw a financial advisor who suggested it to us. He had gotten an sba loan to start his business. It takes longer (he said about 12 weeks once we had all the paperwork submitted) but he suggested it because of the lower down payment. You would face the same challenges with an sba loan as you would with a business loan in that you have to convince a bank that your business is viable.

Question for the masses!
Yes I think that's what he was describing. Does this sound like a viable way to finance a bed and breakfast or small inn?
llongendyke said:
Frankly, this sort of question can't be answered by us except in general terms.
You need to get yourself connected with the SBA or SCORE or an accountant who works with b&b's on a regular basis.
Part of your learning curve is to understand that you have to hire people and make up front investments to make this work.
You can, of course, do the 'seat of your pants' operation of your biz but you really should read that other thread about the biz owner who list everything trying to save money up front.
We really should have listened to the one broker who told us we couldn't afford the places we were looking at. We couldn't. We still can't.

From what I understand a business loan does not lock you into a rate. We have a residential loan as we built first and then started the business. It gives us a locked in interest rate. We are an LLC .
Riki.
egoodell said:
From what I understand a business loan does not lock you into a rate. We have a residential loan as we built first and then started the business. It gives us a locked in interest rate. We are an LLC .
Riki
Our rate was locked in for 5 years, now it floats. It is scary, to be sure to not be able to plan your mortgage expense every year.
Madeleine said:
egoodell said:
Riki
Our rate was locked in for 5 years, now it floats. It is scary, to be sure to not be able to plan your mortgage expense every year.
If I remember correctly, this is why we did not change from a residential mortgage to a commercial one. They could give us a lower rate but only for a couple of years and could not tell us what it would be after that. not worth dropping a couple of percentage points.
Riki

Thought they have differ interest, either of these are critical when you have not acquired the term...

103.14.63.92Nice post to read on.Anybody can, at this time, go to the Costco website and apply for a Costco home loan. The chain partners with a small number of lenders and can arrange a home loan for applicants and members and non-members can apply, though customers get a pretty significant discount. An personal finance can help you get cash for closing costs on your house.See more at: https://personalmoneynetwork.com

Before getting a loan small businesses or future owners should look in to long island business insurance especially after the rain we got on Long Island and all the businesses which were flooded. Make sure you're covered. Seems that ever year there is some sort of natural disaster or another.

I was collecting some information on getting mortgage loan in Dubai, while searching on internet I found In house MS mortgage consultant they can briefly shared mortgage Loan guidance for the people who are looking for mortgage loan in Dubai.

By taking home loan and later using it for business loan is just cheating the firm, who is helping you. In such case it will be better for you to consult a professional.

[h2]
Do you need a loan to start up business or to pay your bills and a corporate financial for real estate and any kinds of business financing. We also offer Loans to individuals,Firms and corporate bodies at 2% interest rate. We give out loan to serious minded people that are interested of loan if interested contact this email:[email protected][/h2]

Do you need a Loan? We operate international Loan company we give out loans to individuals, companies, establishments, business organizations and people of all sorts all over the globe. Are you in need of a loan for any purpose? Are you in a financial problem, Do you need financial solution CAPITAL LOAN HOME is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy,cheap, and quick. Contact us today for that loan you require, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at only 3% interest rate. Contact us via Email: [email protected] or text +1(205)543-5466

Getting a legitimate loan have always been a huge problem To clients who have financial problem and need solution to it. The issue of credit and collateral are something that clients are always worried about when seeking a loan from a legitimate lender. But.. we have made that difference in the lending industry. We can arrange for a loan from the range of $10,500. to $30,000.000 as low as 2% interest Kindly respond immediately to this mail: [email protected] Our Services Include the Following: Debt Consolidation Second Mortgage Business Loans Personal Loans International Loans Loan for any kinds Family loan E.T.C No social security and no credit check, 100% Guarantee. All you have to do is let us know exactly what you want and we will surely make your dream come true. (High.Class.Loan.Fund.Company). says YES when your banks say NO. Lastly, we fund small scale loan firm, intermediaries, small scale financial institutions for we have unlimited capital. For further details to go about procuring a loan contact us, Kindly respond immediately to this email: [email protected] NOTE:Bear in mind that it will only take less than 24 Hours to process your file is 100% Guaranteed no matter your Credit Score. Get your instant loan approval Our Services Include the Following: Debt Consolidation Second Mortgage Business Loans Personal Loans International Loans Loan for any kinds Family loan E.T.C Phone Number +1 917 259-4165 We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us. Worry no more about your loans or finances. Yours Sincerely, Mr Chris Fluent.

Back