reskey again?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just logged in, and got a res about 15 minutes ago. No email from the res yet, though.

I just logged in and there was another reservation. The emails to me don't seem to be working; they are going out to the guests.

There is a "denial of service" attack going on against godaddy.com today. Don't know if that's related or not, but perhaps godaddy hosts some of reskey's stuff.
My own website is hosted by godaddy and is currently not accessible.

FROM MY RESKEY email:
ReservationKey News - Possible Service Interruption
1 hour ago
A few users have reported problems accessing our system today. It seems that the company we are hosted with, godaddy.com, has been the target of a cyber attack which has affected their service. We have been with this company since we started this business about five years ago, and this is the first time service has been interrupted due to an issue on their end. We are hoping they will have it resolved soon.
Here are some news articles about it:
http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/godaddy-outage-takes-down-millions-of-sites/
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-57509744-501465/godaddy-goes-down-anonymous-claims-responsibility/
DANG! MY WEBSITE IS DOWN TOO!!!! DANG IT!

That's interesting - I am still able to access my reskey and I got one of the emails for a res in the last few hours, but not the other two.

Muirford, some how you are lucky. I kept trying, thinking it was on my end.
If it hit GoDaddy, there are a lot of unhappy people right now!

Godaddy is huge so it's likely they'll get parts of it working again before other part are ready. I hope it's just a denial of service and not an actual hacking where they can get in and really mess things up!
Down with hackers!

It's the hacker group "Anonymous" that has done this to us.
Godaddy's Facebook page says...
Update: Still working on it, but we're making progress. Some service has already been restored. Stick with us.

Yep, all is well now. Just a hickup, really, and NOT RESKEY'S FAULT!

I checked my go dad dy site (DH's web site) and all was OK. The rest are just registered domains through them, not hosting.

Back