ResKey Issue

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
I just had a reservation go through ResKey without a complete address or zip code. ResKey processed the request, but the deposit was not charged because there was no zip code.
An automatic email response went out acknowledging the request, clearly stating that this was not the confirmation. Fortunately, a phone number was given and I was able to get the information I needed to process the card.
WHY DID THE GUEST NOT GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN MANDATORY FIELDS WERE LEFT BLANK?
This concerns me because had I not caught the error, the room would have been taken out of inventory, the guest might have assumed his reservation went through because of the auto response and I would not have a pre-authorized cc number on record. You see the potential for a big mess.
Another gripe I'm having with ResKey is that the zip code associated with the credit card is not captured. This is critical because the billing address may not be the same as the residence address given. I usually pull this info off the receipt I get from my cc processor.
I've had ongoing issues with fields being designated MANDATORY and having them come up empty. Does ResKey not understand what mandatory means?
Has anyone else been experienced a problem like this?
Does anyone use B&B .com's reservation system? What do you think about it?

I just had a reservation come through (SEVEN NIGHTS!!!) and in the address section at the top, they entered a zip code but the third digit was a comma rather than a digit.
But it DID process and charge their card the deposit.
ResKey asks for the zip code separately down in the "enter your card and billing address info" section, so what I think happened is that they entered the zip code wrong up in the full address section, but entered it correctly down in the credit card billing address and billing zip code section.
Note that the billing address and billing zip are blank when I look at them in the reservation, but apparently they are saved in authorize.net for future billing purposes.

I've had several small glitches with ResKey/auth.net lately. Sometimes the reservation comes through and the deposit is not charged, but the card has been checked by auth.net, so it's a good card, but I then have to click 'charge card' within their ResKey file. It should be charged the moment they make their reservation.
One thing annoying in ResKey is that the person has to enter in address, city & zip in one box. They just don't get it! There should be a separate box for street address, then a separate one for State and another separate one for zip. I'm getting so many reservation where the people are not entering the full address. The only way to get it is to log onto auth.net and capture it.
The biggest bugger right now is that we can't access our tax/revenue information directly from the reports!
Don't get me wrong, I still love ResKey!

Maybe it would help if we ALL asked for the separated address boxes and the reason behind the request. They seem to listen when it is requested by many of their clients.

Mandatory Fields must be mandatory. We need all the fields entered AND correctly. The system is obviously not working. Otherwise, we would get the required information OR the customer gets an error message until it's given.
There should also be a check for the validity of the data. Zip codes should consist of numbers only and with added punctuation.

Mandatory Fields must be mandatory. We need all the fields entered AND correctly. The system is obviously not working. Otherwise, we would get the required information OR the customer gets an error message until it's given.
There should also be a check for the validity of the data. Zip codes should consist of numbers only and with added punctuation..
Have you asked John about this? Bring it to his attention. squeaky wheel gets the grease.

There should also be a check for the validity of the data. Zip codes should consist of numbers only and with added punctuation..
Have you asked John about this? Bring it to his attention. squeaky wheel gets the grease.
EmptyNest said:
First thing I did. The issue with the Mandatory fields has been ongoing. If these issues are not addressed, I may start shopping for a new reservation system.

Back