ResKey Question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a feature in ResKey that will allow you to tag guests as "returning guest", so that when they book again you will know that they are return guests?
I continue to embarrass myself by greeting returning guests as if I've never seen them before. Part of the reason guests return is because they were made to feel special on their initial visit. The fact that I have totally forgotten them somewhat negates that "special" feeling. They remember us because we were a unique experience for them. But memory is selective and each guest becomes a blur as you move on to the next one.
If I could get a prompt telling me that they were return guest, I could at least refer to reservation notes and fake delight in seeing them again.

It is automatic. :)
When they enter the rez there is a LINE AT THE TOP that says returning guests. Then all the bookings will group together when you need to find info on them. :) You can add notes in there and recall from the prev visit.

Of course it would help if they always register under the same name so they don't get multiple records in the system! But you know people. One time reserve under his name, another time under hers, another with a nickname.

When they enter the rez there is a LINE AT THE TOP that says returning guests. Then all the bookings will group together when you need to find info on them. :) You can add notes in there and recall from the prev visit..
Joey Bloggs said:
Isn't that only if they use the box to enter their email as a returning guest? I have several that haven't done that, but if I recognize the name I will look them up and combine the reservations manually.

Of course it would help if they always register under the same name so they don't get multiple records in the system! But you know people. One time reserve under his name, another time under hers, another with a nickname..
Had that here this week. Guests said her brother referred them here. I asked his last name and she said, 'Same as mine.' OK, but your rez is in your husband's name so how do I know YOUR name and when I went to find her brother I figured HIS rez was in his wife's name as I didn't have either name as a returning guest.

What I have done is create a mandatory question on the reservation form ..."have you stayed with us before?" with a 'yes' & 'no' radio button. This works great!
Since I wasn't able to transfer all my guest info from our old system to ResKey, if they click 'yes' and it's longer than 2 1/2 years (before I started with ResKey) I them go look them up on my old program and manually enter in their reservation information from before and merge them together.

What I have done is create a mandatory question on the reservation form ..."have you stayed with us before?" with a 'yes' & 'no' radio button. This works great!
Since I wasn't able to transfer all my guest info from our old system to ResKey, if they click 'yes' and it's longer than 2 1/2 years (before I started with ResKey) I them go look them up on my old program and manually enter in their reservation information from before and merge them together..
Breakfast Diva said:
Since I wasn't able to transfer all my guest info from our old system to ResKey, if they click 'yes' and it's longer than 2 1/2 years (before I started with ResKey) I them go look them up on my old program and manually enter in their reservation information from before and merge them together.
Great idea!

I think I will email John and ask him to put on the repeat guest? that an email address needs to be entered. It doesn't say and some people may be putting in their last name to have the system search for them. I don't see anything that states what goes in the repeat guest box that pops up. Am I missing it?

I think I will email John and ask him to put on the repeat guest? that an email address needs to be entered. It doesn't say and some people may be putting in their last name to have the system search for them. I don't see anything that states what goes in the repeat guest box that pops up. Am I missing it?.
The box does ask for their email address. Now if they will only make sure they enter the SAME email address as last time! Nothing is fool proof!

I think I will email John and ask him to put on the repeat guest? that an email address needs to be entered. It doesn't say and some people may be putting in their last name to have the system search for them. I don't see anything that states what goes in the repeat guest box that pops up. Am I missing it?.
The box does ask for their email address. Now if they will only make sure they enter the SAME email address as last time! Nothing is fool proof!
copperhead said:
Where is the box? I don't have anything like that on my reservation page.

John just changed the box to say enter email address!
I love RezKey!

O.K., I now have a link at the top of my form that says "Repeat Guest?" It opens a box asking for an email address.
However, as was pointed out, this is not full proof because the email address may have changed or this guest doesn't see this link when they're inputting their info.
I added the radio buttons, so this should provide a red flag for returning guests.

Well then it is up to you to remember them. Come on now how many rooms do you have?
You can't get a retina scan.
shades_smile.gif

Eyes wide open, huge smile, and a "Hi, how are you? How was the trip in from...." Many times I will get the right "Ping" from the conversation. And it is not just with guests. This is a small City and I am one of "the same 10 people" but I never did learn the names of many of the "other 9" I usually do remember faces and from the conversation figure out which group they fit into. Was able to pull out the name yesterday in the grocery store and really impress the older lady who figured I would not know who she was. - we worked polls together and i think I had her for one of my poll workers for a while. Problem is THEY all know ME!

I stare at the floor as I push my cart around Walmart. Otherwise I'm constantly meeting eyes with people I'm supposed to know, but don't. And as Kathleen said, THEY all know ME!

Back