ResKey's New OTA Support

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
ResKey has been getting some very good buzz on the PAII forum lately, and a bunch of innkeepers there have switched to it, or are looking seriously at it. Has anybody set up the new ResKey OTA support yet? I'm wondering if it went well, and what it costs.
Edited to add that I see it's about $16/month. "No hidden charges, no setup charges, free support." They can also link you to Venere for an additional fee, which might be worth it if you get many European guests.
If you haven't heard about it yet, log into ResKey, click the envelope icon near the upper right of the screen, and click on the May 14 announcement. They now can link our rooms and reservation calendar to the following:
�Orbitz (Asia-Hotels.com, Ebookers.com, Hotelclub.com, Lodging.com)
�InstantWorldBooking.com (hosteltraveler.com)
�Booking.com
�Expedia (hotels.com)
�Airbnb.com
�BBPlanet.com
�MaxBooking.com
�Agoda.com
�Hotel.de
�Hostelbookers.com (including affiliates such as Hostelmania.com)
�Hostelsclub.com
�Hostelworld.com
�Hosteltimes.com
�EasyToBook.com
�Budgetplaces.com
�Hoteladvisor.com
�Gomio.com
�Escapio.com
�BookingMarkets (LetMeGo.com and others)
�HIHostels.com
�RatesToGo.com
�InItalia.it
�YourSpainHostel.com
�Easy-bookings.co.uk
�GDS system

I will look into this. I am currently listed on Expedia & Hotels through B&B .com and directly with Booking. I have to go into each to update availability. I currently only list 2 rooms on each with 'standard' and 'jr suite' so I don't have to rush out to update with each and every change. This would sure be easier to manage.
What I want to know is if our listing will change on Expedia by going this route and what the % commission will be. - Shockingly (not) the site does not provide that info. When we were on it through GDS the % was 15%, then they made an exclusive agreement with (at the time) I
heart.gif
inns and unless we went through them were removed. Now we are back but through B&B .com but at a whopping 30%. If they do not hold an exclusive agreement, I would be MORE than happy to change as long as the commission were back to a feasible %.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that! It will be interesting to know more about this. Does anyone know if you have to have individual contracts with each directory? What are the commissions, etc. I would consider some of the listed directories if bb.com was not involved.

They myallocator website explains that you must first have your own connection with the OTAs you want to use. Then once you get things set up, myallocator handles keeping each of your OTAs updated with your up to date reservation calendar, room descriptions, etc., so you don't have to go manage each one individually.

And then I read this today: - I am making this its own THREAD it wil have too much discussion. I am inviting the author of the article there as well. "TA"

Back