Resorts and Lodges

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamelon

Reaction score
I'm getting an extremely hard sell from Resortsandlodgesdotcom. Anyone have any experience with them?

Who ever heard of them? That tells you alot! Do they show up in any searches? Site doesn't impress me..WHY would you even consider them? They are just PHISHING !!!
Are you a resort? Are you a lodge? are you a vacation rental? If not...why? Looks like mostly hotels to me and large properties so you would be lost among them. My personal opinion

We are listed with them. They do drive some traffic to our site, but I haven't traced any reservations to them specifically yet.
They do represent a different niche than I think of for most B&B's and most participants here on Innspiring

Well now, that brought some strong opinions!
Let's be kind to each other, ok? Otherwise, we might start feeling uncomfortable asking each other for advice.

Let's be kind to each other, ok? Otherwise, we might start feeling uncomfortable asking each other for advice..
Kindness is not the issue. You asked for our opinions and you get them pure and simple. This is what we do here. No one said anything about one another.

Kindness is always welcome though; I felt like I was getting yelled at for being stupid.
It's not the first time I have felt this way on this site, so I thought it might be helpful to mention it. Seems like it was an unwelcome observation.

Sorry you felt that way no offense intended. We just say it like it is around here. You asked you got an answer. Don't read more into it, just trying to convey our thoughts as they are.

Sorry you felt that way no offense intended. We just say it like it is around here. You asked you got an answer. Don't read more into it, just trying to convey our thoughts as they are..
I appreciate the apology thank you. I will bear that in mind in the future.

Just my own odd way of looking at things, but the best list/directory is likely the one that I have to seek out and ask to join, one that does not need to do a sales job on me.

Let's be kind to each other, ok? Otherwise, we might start feeling uncomfortable asking each other for advice..
Tamelon said:
Let's be kind to each other, ok? Otherwise, we might start feeling uncomfortable asking each other for advice.
Tamelon, sorry you felt a little threatened. We usually tell it like it is here. - And on the home page Welcome it pretty much warns you: "Opinions, are always honest, sometimes blunt and usually valuable."

Sick around! We may be blunt but we mean well! Honest!

We are listed with them. They do drive some traffic to our site, but I haven't traced any reservations to them specifically yet.
They do represent a different niche than I think of for most B&B's and most participants here on Innspiring.
No, I never heard of them until now, but then we are not a lodge, resort, or vacation rental. All the ones listed in my town were downtown hotels. I looked up you, OTS, but you are not showing/couldn't find you on their website. Thought you might want to know that.

Tamelon said:
Tamelon, sorry you felt a little threatened. We usually tell it like it is here. - And on the home page Welcome it pretty much warns you: "Opinions, are always honest, sometimes blunt and usually valuable."

Sick around! We may be blunt but we mean well! Honest!
Thanks very much! I don't scare off that easily. If I did, I wouldn't be in this business!

They do represent a different niche than I think of for most B&B's and most participants here on Innspiring.
No, I never heard of them until now, but then we are not a lodge, resort, or vacation rental. All the ones listed in my town were downtown hotels. I looked up you, OTS, but you are not showing/couldn't find you on their website. Thought you might want to know that.
I see you now but when I check before you weren't around. I checked every listing in your state since I thought I was mixing you up with someone else. I thought maybe the listing has expired. I looked up the site, typed in your state, and it never showed. When i just did it, it showed up. I'm glad you are now showing! Everything is responding correctly on "your page with them". I didn't respond to your post so you can remove the link, or whatever, etc.

Thanks for the report, Duff. I did a search on their home page for our town and we are showing, but down on the list because they defaulted to a 45-mile search radius! (we also have the lowest level subscription). In the listings specifically for our town, I am seeing us at number 2 behind the LB Resort.
On our listing they have highlighted that we are included on their list of top 10 cottage rentals in Maine! I think that was something they did for us when I said I was thinking about not renewing....
FWIW, this is one of those sites where you don't have direct control over your listing -- they write all the copy and select the photos to use. And I haven't been very active in managing it....

I see you now but when I check before you weren't around. I checked every listing in your state since I thought I was mixing you up with someone else. I thought maybe the listing has expired. I looked up the site, typed in your state, and it never showed. When i just did it, it showed up. I'm glad you are now showing! Everything is responding correctly on "your page with them". I didn't respond to your post so you can remove the link, or whatever, etc.
So that's weird. But I guess different search approaches might yield different results....

I have a new policy I just started when hit up for listing sites:
"Your site isn't familiar to me, and I see that it's traffic numbers are not where we normally want them to be. If you'll allow us to list for one year free, we'll evaluate the site traffic and reservations we receive and if acceptable, will renew at your full fee for the second year. If your product is as effective as you've told me it will be, this should be acceptable to you."
Have said this twice, no one has said yes.

I have a new policy I just started when hit up for listing sites:
"Your site isn't familiar to me, and I see that it's traffic numbers are not where we normally want them to be. If you'll allow us to list for one year free, we'll evaluate the site traffic and reservations we receive and if acceptable, will renew at your full fee for the second year. If your product is as effective as you've told me it will be, this should be acceptable to you."
Have said this twice, no one has said yes..
Oh good one. Have to have that practiced a few times before trying it out. Of course no one is going to say yes. We aren't dummies LOL

Back