resume

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four at four forty four

Reaction score
Has anyone ever added innkeeper/ bed & breakfast owner to their resume?
Suggestions on wording and listing responsibilites?
Thanks!

Yes, I have this on my resume and I just list what you do as an owner, manager, innkeeper..I just have bullet points like:
Owned and Operated _____B & B
Guest Services and marketing for the Inn
Community Services --and so forth-believe it or not you have many more experiences in running a Bed and Breakfast than the regular jo shmo--or at least I think so. Multitasking is your strongsuit-use it. Good luck.

four at four forty four said:
Has anyone ever added innkeeper/ bed & breakfast owner to their resume?
Suggestions on wording and listing responsibilites?
Thanks!
You can add "All aspects of running a bed and breakfast inn" which include marketing, customer service, business management, ... then go into culinary skills, etc. Or you can go into much more detail to share "online marketing and advertising, social media, online reservations" etc...

since most of my other jobs were office manager or administrator, i use inn manager ... i picked this up after i left my innkeeping job and found that two people were hired to replace me ... an inn manager and an innkeeper. since i did all of both those jobs, i now use that term and my own description on resumes, outlining all i did there with emphasis on all the management areas.

Back