Retreats at your inn?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
There is an incredible retreat center not far from us, it was a school for mountain children way back when...in the most magnificent setting imaginable. They have overnight summer camps and then only day lucnheon conferences for the older-set the rest of the year.
I am yearning to go to a womens retreat, to get away for a few days. Our state parks have begun Womens Wellness Weekends - (click here) same as a retreat complete with kayaking, fire rings with s'mores , guest speakers, and the whole nine yards...
Have you considered holding a womens retreat at your inn? Without an actual group coordinating it, but you yourself coordinating it? As I have been pondering this idea, I saw this tweet and this gorgeous place in NC mountains. "[FONT= 'Times New Roman']New for 2010: Women on the Water"[/FONT]
Click here
here is the website
This is exactly what I am thinking, but these are mini retreats and you can add on lodging.
Your thoughts? Would you be game for this sort of thing? Hosting them at your inn, I mean.

I would consider it.... I have a group of friends coming down once a year for a girlfriend's weekend - 12 of them. This will be their 3rd time - it's great because I know them, but I think I would still like it because of the positive energy they bring with them. We're doing vision boards on Saturday afternoon/evening again... it's always fun to try to match the vision board to the person...sometimes we get it right.
I've tried to coordinate a couples retreat with a local yoga instructor, but we didn't get any reservations. May try to do that again.

I guess I would consider it if I could think of things for them to do that would be meaningful.

Yup, I would consider it actually this gives me a great idea for August, there is a canoe company here that does conoe trips up the river (M) and this I think would be great for a women's retreat-thanks for the idea!

BW I would love to do that!
This is where I am right now, I love all these ideas and getting the ducks in a row by all the ideas on the forum helps all of us.
Typically retreats are off season. The state park and this place in NC are in season. :)

Back