Retro clothing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Cleaning out a closet today and opened a box from the 80's. From silk blouses with shoulder pads to tie-dyed overalls to a ton of B&J ice cream t-shirts to a houndstooth jumpsuit. And my 'mom' dress. The dress I wore to every school event that required a dress. I remember the kids asking, 'Hey, wearing your 'mom' dress again?'
One big pile for Goodwill, one small pile for the trash and one medium pile of t's that I can use for jammie tops.
And one huge trip down memory lane!

Priceless
thumbs_up.gif

are you sure it has to go to goodwill? my daughter runs a vintage consignment shop and these things are popular.
on easter, she wore a uso uniform that was pristine. she said it was 'dead stock' ... just put away and never sold. i have no idea where she got it.
just a thought .. i'm sure stores like this are all over the place!

are you sure it has to go to goodwill? my daughter runs a vintage consignment shop and these things are popular.
on easter, she wore a uso uniform that was pristine. she said it was 'dead stock' ... just put away and never sold. i have no idea where she got it.
just a thought .. i'm sure stores like this are all over the place!.
I bet there are places I could take it, but I know I can just drop it at the Goodwill. I'm not the yard sale sort of person, either. I need a clean getaway from my stuff!
BTW, also found, in another box, the deed to my house from 1987. The loan for my car, 1987. My grades from 2 colleges, a big, folded up sign someone printed out when I graduated college, the invites to the graduation, my announcement that I had been selected for Kappa Delta Pi (an honor society for teachers) and the t-shirt I got from Kappa Delta Pi. AND, all my tourist stuff from Paris!
My Communion dress and veil (which will go to g-daughter if it fits when she needs it), a pair of toddler pants I remember both my son & daughter wearing (going to g-daughter now), daughter's Girl Scout uniform (ugly, but going to daughter), son's t-shirt from college orientation (going to son as a joke), a 'People's Republic of Burlington' t-shirt from the days when Bernie Sanders was mayor (that might be worth some money), an 'I survived the earthquake' t-shirt (from VT!)- oh the stuff I saved!
Oh my I am having a good time.

Save some of it. Our kids are now borrowing our 80's clothing for halloween.

I bet there are places I could take it, but I know I can just drop it at the Goodwill. I'm not the yard sale sort of person, either. I need a clean getaway from my stuff!
BTW, also found, in another box, the deed to my house from 1987. The loan for my car, 1987. My grades from 2 colleges, a big, folded up sign someone printed out when I graduated college, the invites to the graduation, my announcement that I had been selected for Kappa Delta Pi (an honor society for teachers) and the t-shirt I got from Kappa Delta Pi. AND, all my tourist stuff from Paris!
My Communion dress and veil (which will go to g-daughter if it fits when she needs it), a pair of toddler pants I remember both my son & daughter wearing (going to g-daughter now), daughter's Girl Scout uniform (ugly, but going to daughter), son's t-shirt from college orientation (going to son as a joke), a 'People's Republic of Burlington' t-shirt from the days when Bernie Sanders was mayor (that might be worth some money), an 'I survived the earthquake' t-shirt (from VT!)- oh the stuff I saved!
There are places where you can have a quilt made out of old heirloom items, even t-shirts. That might be fun for some of your kids/grandkids. I have two quilts of squares made by my great-great-grandmother; my wonderful stepmother had a local Mennonite woman quilt them up for me. They go to my nieces when I'm gone.

There are places where you can have a quilt made out of old heirloom items, even t-shirts. That might be fun for some of your kids/grandkids. I have two quilts of squares made by my great-great-grandmother; my wonderful stepmother had a local Mennonite woman quilt them up for me. They go to my nieces when I'm gone.
I saved all the t's. Someday, I'll make the quilt. The rest needs to move on to another life. Make someone else happy.

but when I do a clear out or clean out, part of it is getting the stuff OUT ...
not saving for grandkids or halloween or for any reason. it needs to move OUT.
just saying.

but when I do a clear out or clean out, part of it is getting the stuff OUT ...
not saving for grandkids or halloween or for any reason. it needs to move OUT.
just saying..
I went from 5 big boxes to one very small box. But now it is all over the house in bags and boxes to be given away. That's the hard part now...getting it in the car and on its way.

Back