Revamped Room Is Marketing opportunity

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
Our most popular room is having a make-over this winter. Went out yesterday and ordered new bigger, better quality shower unit with jet storm shower head, and posh towel rail/radiator. New sink with cascade tap is already here ready to be fitted. The bedroom furniture was replaced last year in preparation for this, and once the bathroom is complete the bedroom carpet will be replaced and the room re-decorated in a different colour to the others. I'm really excited about this.
The price of this room is going up next year to help pay for all this, but it occurs to me that this is a great opportunity to blow my own horn and have a special offer over the winter using this update as an excuse.
Thought of 3 nights for the price of 2 but wondered if anyone else has done something simillar and what worked and what didn't?

If you don't do this already, start now- blog about it. Make a big deal about the reno. Take pix and post them as the works is going on.
I like the idea of a 3 for 2 after the reno is done to showcase the room. Maybe in the month after the reno is finished.
'Come test drive our newly revamped room!' That sort of thing.

HJ Last year I did the February is for Lovers (that is our state motto, Virginia is for Lovers) and had a Buy one Night Get one Night Free and it was a success. I don't think those who are apt to try a B&B for the first time will bite on the 2 nights get third free. I found nearly all of mine found it worth trying a B&B with this special rate. I plan to do it again this year. Feb is notoriously slow...worst month weather-wise.
Oh and it had to be prepaid, no cancelation, no changes of date (just like an airline ticket!)

JB - I do the BOGO thing for Jan/Feb, but with a little twist. I offer the 2nd night for $20.12 (or, next year will be $20.13). It's been more popular than the free aspect and it helps cover some of the breakfast and other expenses.

JB - I do the BOGO thing for Jan/Feb, but with a little twist. I offer the 2nd night for $20.12 (or, next year will be $20.13). It's been more popular than the free aspect and it helps cover some of the breakfast and other expenses..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
JB - I do the BOGO thing for Jan/Feb, but with a little twist. I offer the 2nd night for $20.12 (or, next year will be $20.13). It's been more popular than the free aspect and it helps cover some of the breakfast and other expenses.
I like that!!!!

JB - I do the BOGO thing for Jan/Feb, but with a little twist. I offer the 2nd night for $20.12 (or, next year will be $20.13). It's been more popular than the free aspect and it helps cover some of the breakfast and other expenses..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
i LOVE this idea!
thanks for sharing

HJ Last year I did the February is for Lovers (that is our state motto, Virginia is for Lovers) and had a Buy one Night Get one Night Free and it was a success. I don't think those who are apt to try a B&B for the first time will bite on the 2 nights get third free. I found nearly all of mine found it worth trying a B&B with this special rate. I plan to do it again this year. Feb is notoriously slow...worst month weather-wise.
Oh and it had to be prepaid, no cancelation, no changes of date (just like an airline ticket!).
Joey Bloggs said:
Oh and it had to be prepaid, no cancelation, no changes of date (just like an airline ticket!)
It was a warm winter but what would you have done if you got alot of snow?

If you don't do this already, start now- blog about it. Make a big deal about the reno. Take pix and post them as the works is going on.
I like the idea of a 3 for 2 after the reno is done to showcase the room. Maybe in the month after the reno is finished.
'Come test drive our newly revamped room!' That sort of thing..
I feel that this is the best way to about the revamped room. Post on your social media sites and get your passionate customers to get excited about it and want to be the first ones to work the room in. Get your passionate ones first and reward them with the offer and then raise the prices once it builds up a reputation hopefully from them leaving great feedback on how amazing the room is.

in the pre revamp phase this could be a social media bonanze ie get people involved in the design descisions! ie ask opinions not necessarily use them.

Back