Review article in the Post

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JB already gave us this link. I guess the interpretation is in the eye of the beholder. Knowing these folks and the inn...it was done tongue in cheek I suspect. Not really to flatter;-(

Not answering the phone?
I'm a little disturbed by the lack of responsiveness from the innkeeper. You really have to walk the fence between being friendly and responsive to your guests and allowing them their privacy.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely NO excuse for not answering the phone, unless arrangements have already been made. If the owners aren't going to be around, then someone SHOULD be, or there should be a number to reach them! Yes, emergencies occur, but that doesn't sound like the case in this article. I'll never be staying there.
If you want to be an innkeeper, then be an inn KEEPER!! If not, then close your doors and leave the guests to those of us who make it a point to be attentive (but not over-bearing, of course) to guests.

Not answering the phone?
I'm a little disturbed by the lack of responsiveness from the innkeeper. You really have to walk the fence between being friendly and responsive to your guests and allowing them their privacy..
We have a special phone in reception which is linked to my mobile with it having a special HELP ring tone so I know its one of my guests which I always have with me and was dead easy to set up. It means even if I am at the supermarket say and if they just have a question they never even have to know I am not there. Or I can tell them Ive popped out but the restaurant to go to is X the taxi number is Y etc. My neighbour had a phase where the ruddy fire alarm kept going off and they couldn't get in touch with the owner thank goodness it was never a fire but I always think what if?

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely NO excuse for not answering the phone, unless arrangements have already been made. If the owners aren't going to be around, then someone SHOULD be, or there should be a number to reach them! Yes, emergencies occur, but that doesn't sound like the case in this article. I'll never be staying there.
If you want to be an innkeeper, then be an inn KEEPER!! If not, then close your doors and leave the guests to those of us who make it a point to be attentive (but not over-bearing, of course) to guests..
They are for sale, but have to keep the place bringing in money I guess..but that just shows how much they want to sell if they are not caring for guests. Haven't looked at their ta reviews to see if others have been treated the same.????

Sorry if I repeated the link :( I really thought it was not a good article on the Inn..I just somehow typed it wrong then got called away...you know how that goes, plus it took me a while to put the link in..
embaressed_smile.gif

I thought it was a pretty bad representation of "being left alone" of the Inn. I understand some guests are the type that just don't want to "visit" with the innkeeper but the whole article was in bad taste and left it to the interpretation of people that read this article in a national paper may NEVER go to a B&B because of this, and we certaintly don't need that. That is whats so bad not to mention the point of not answering the phone, plus yea love that "if you wanna be an INN-KEEPER then be one..or-just close for pete's sake. Sometimes I think that is what makes people not want to go to B & Bs. Just my take on it of course. Not good.

Sorry if I repeated the link :( I really thought it was not a good article on the Inn..I just somehow typed it wrong then got called away...you know how that goes, plus it took me a while to put the link in..
embaressed_smile.gif

I thought it was a pretty bad representation of "being left alone" of the Inn. I understand some guests are the type that just don't want to "visit" with the innkeeper but the whole article was in bad taste and left it to the interpretation of people that read this article in a national paper may NEVER go to a B&B because of this, and we certaintly don't need that. That is whats so bad not to mention the point of not answering the phone, plus yea love that "if you wanna be an INN-KEEPER then be one..or-just close for pete's sake. Sometimes I think that is what makes people not want to go to B & Bs. Just my take on it of course. Not good..
BW don't you cut n paste a link? You didn't type all of that in did you?
Highlight the URL
right mouse click COPY (or you can do a CTRL C)
and then go where you want it,
RIGHT MOUSE CLICK and select PASTE (or CTRL V).

embaressed_smile.gif

I thought it was a pretty bad representation of "being left alone" of the Inn. I understand some guests are the type that just don't want to "visit" with the innkeeper but the whole article was in bad taste and left it to the interpretation of people that read this article in a national paper may NEVER go to a B&B because of this, and we certaintly don't need that. That is whats so bad not to mention the point of not answering the phone, plus yea love that "if you wanna be an INN-KEEPER then be one..or-just close for pete's sake. Sometimes I think that is what makes people not want to go to B & Bs. Just my take on it of course. Not good..
BW don't you cut n paste a link? You didn't type all of that in did you?
Highlight the URL
right mouse click COPY (or you can do a CTRL C)
and then go where you want it,
RIGHT MOUSE CLICK and select PASTE (or CTRL V).
thanks joey-i did cut and pasted it i just wanted the thum print with it...i couldnt do that though

Back