Review Games...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee2014

Reaction score
Okay. So we just got another review through Square. What does that do for us? I looked it up but only got reviews about Square. So what good does it do for our guests to write us a review besides we get an email and find out they were happy….
Then I saw in my search TA listed. In the short sentence it says that we are compare to IHG and Carlston. What?!?!?! 40 to 60% off on TA!!???!!!!!…. (Everything is fine now. Sigh!) But their plan worked! I clicked that ad.
sad_smile.gif
At least it was me and not a misguided guest.
shades_smile.gif

Good question. Who would see a review on Square?

These are useless for anyone other than the business.
But I don't think Square thought of the reason why many businesses use reviews since it started mainly for the occasional seller, festival booths etc.
Or maybe they heard all the flack about negative reviews and decided this give the buyer a place to vent directly without possible repercussions from the masses reading.

I nailed Square the first time I was notified of a "review" on their site. I indicated that they DARE NOT send an e-mail to MY guests asking for a review. That is something that is mine and mine alone. I do not want my guests thinking in any way, shape, or form that I am giving their e-mail to anyone.

I nailed Square the first time I was notified of a "review" on their site. I indicated that they DARE NOT send an e-mail to MY guests asking for a review. That is something that is mine and mine alone. I do not want my guests thinking in any way, shape, or form that I am giving their e-mail to anyone..
gillumhouse said:
I do not want my guests thinking in any way, shape, or form that I am giving their e-mail to anyone.
Square asks the customer for their e-mail address when they sign, for sending the receipt. That's likely where they get the address for sending the review. Since the customer freely gives Square their address, it's Square's to use, I guess.
Perhaps they are using the reviews to help Square, by closing accounts of businesses that get a lot of bad reviews, or something.

I nailed Square the first time I was notified of a "review" on their site. I indicated that they DARE NOT send an e-mail to MY guests asking for a review. That is something that is mine and mine alone. I do not want my guests thinking in any way, shape, or form that I am giving their e-mail to anyone..
gillumhouse said:
I do not want my guests thinking in any way, shape, or form that I am giving their e-mail to anyone.
Square asks the customer for their e-mail address when they sign, for sending the receipt. That's likely where they get the address for sending the review. Since the customer freely gives Square their address, it's Square's to use, I guess.
Perhaps they are using the reviews to help Square, by closing accounts of businesses that get a lot of bad reviews, or something.
Ir was sent as if it was from me as it was asking for a review of Gillum House.

Back