Rezkey Help with "No Check In"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I used to have the capability of making a "NO CHECK IN"on a certain day, like Thanksgiving, which allowed check ins the day before and the day after, but not on the day, and not saying a min stay required. Does anyone who uses rezkey know how to set this in the system?
I have it set for a 2 night min on the day to try to prevent any check ins, but I know there has to be a better way!

Go to properties, rooms/units and select all rooms, then set as unavailable. It will then give you an area to set the dates.

Go to properties, rooms/units and select all rooms, then set as unavailable. It will then give you an area to set the dates..
Breakfast Diva said:
Go to properties, rooms/units and select all rooms, then set as unavailable. It will then give you an area to set the dates.
I dont want them unavailable to book though, just no check in, ie they can check in the night before thanksgiving, just not on the day. Let me go look, I hope you are on the same track as me, I really need this feature at times! :)
So the person can book three nights INCLUDING the day I won;t allow a check in from this field? I am in there now...seeing I can set it and delete it quickly I suppose if it isn't the right setting. THANKS!

NO that just took the room out of inventory, I DONT WANT THAT. How do I reverse this? Manually? I could set it unavailable and have it all on one booking, now I have to go and delete each one. hm...so that is not it.

Ok, I get what you're trying to do now.
Go to Properties, Rate Plan, the room (you have to do them individually), new rule, fill in the dates, etc then in Reservation Start Days, check all EXCEPT the day you don't want them to check in.
Make sure you double check everything is the way you want from the website res system after you set the rule. I have found these things are tricky to get right!

Go to Properties, Rate Plan, the room (you have to do them individually), new rule, fill in the dates, etc then in Reservation Start Days, check all EXCEPT the day you don't want them to check in.
Make sure you double check everything is the way you want from the website res system after you set the rule. I have found these things are tricky to get right!.
Breakfast Diva said:
Make sure you double check everything is the way you want from the website res system after you set the rule. I have found these things are tricky to get right!
No, it it too complicated, I couod just set it to a 2 night min under rate adjustment for all rooms for the exact date in one fell swoop.
But thanks for that screen, I added a new rate plan and was able to stick the sofa bed extra person charge in there!

I just checked your ResKey calendar. The way you've set it up isn't working the way you want. You want no one to check in on Thanksgiving, right? The way you have it now, it's a 2 night minimum, but that only works if they want to check in on Wednesday. Sure, they have the 2 night minimum and have to choose Wed & Thursday. But the way it is now is someone can still check in ON Thanksgiving, but they have to stay 2 nights and it will allow them to do it the way you have now. They can choose checking in on Thursday and stay 2 nights. It's my understanding that you don't want that!
The only way you can do it for no check-ins on Thanksgiving is to do the new rate and follow the directions above.

I just checked your ResKey calendar. The way you've set it up isn't working the way you want. You want no one to check in on Thanksgiving, right? The way you have it now, it's a 2 night minimum, but that only works if they want to check in on Wednesday. Sure, they have the 2 night minimum and have to choose Wed & Thursday. But the way it is now is someone can still check in ON Thanksgiving, but they have to stay 2 nights and it will allow them to do it the way you have now. They can choose checking in on Thursday and stay 2 nights. It's my understanding that you don't want that!
The only way you can do it for no check-ins on Thanksgiving is to do the new rate and follow the directions above..
Breakfast Diva said:
The only way you can do it for no check-ins on Thanksgiving is to do the new rate and follow the directions above.
Sorry I used Thanksgiving as an example, that is not the actual date I am trying to work on. I thought it would be easier to understand not wanting someone to check in on that specific date when asking for help.

The only way you can do it for no check-ins on Thanksgiving is to do the new rate and follow the directions above..
Breakfast Diva said:
Sorry I used Thanksgiving as an example, that is not the actual date I am trying to work on. I thought it would be easier to understand not wanting someone to check in on that specific date when asking for help.
same theory applies though. When doing a 2 night minimum, a guest can book on the 2nd day of the 2 night minimum by taking that day and the next one.
If the way you did it works for you, great, but for others out there, if you need ResKey to not allow check-ins on a certain day, make sure you try all different scenarios from the guest's side on your reservation chart.

Breakfast Diva said:
same theory applies though. When doing a 2 night minimum, a guest can book on the 2nd day of the 2 night minimum by taking that day and the next one.
If the way you did it works for you, great, but for others out there, if you need ResKey to not allow check-ins on a certain day, make sure you try all different scenarios from the guest's side on your reservation chart.
Breakfast Diva said:
Nope it is not working for me. I am still wrapping my head around this concept. I had to take the simple route to not screw up the whole thing just for one weekend, when I want to go to a BBQ. :) Yeah, that's the reason. I have not brought FOOD to an event in forever...and I want to go to this one, finally.

Back