RezKey on Facebook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Anyone connect their FB page with RezKey? I'd like to add it as an option for someone who is looking to make a reservation after seeing something on my page.
However, it appears (from the description of how it works) that it automatically puts the reservation on the guest's FB feed. No surprise birthday gift there!
Does it do this? Is there an option to turn off the automatic feed?

ResKey added a big [Book Now] button to my inn FB page. Clicking the button takes them directly to my ResKey booking page. Since all the room descriptions are there, that's better than just dumping them on the website home page.
I don't know what you're talking about regarding putting a reservation on the guest's FB feed. I've never heard of anything like that.

I added a book now button on Facebook, just used the address of my booking/reservation page, don’t remember details, but wasn’t difficult

ResKey added a big [Book Now] button to my inn FB page. Clicking the button takes them directly to my ResKey booking page. Since all the room descriptions are there, that's better than just dumping them on the website home page.
I don't know what you're talking about regarding putting a reservation on the guest's FB feed. I've never heard of anything like that..
Right from the help screen:
By adding the ability to take reservations through Facebook you are adding another source for new reservations. Additionally, there are exciting things that can be done when tapping into the power of social networking. One benefit is that when your guests make reservations through your Facebook page, their feed will show an entry about how they just booked a reservation at your property. Additionally, your notification email will contain a link to your guest's Facebook profile

Make sure that you create and lnk a new FB RK page so you can track..
Momma Smurf said:
Make sure that you create and lnk a new FB RK page so you can track.
I will. If I decide to use it. I don't want automatic posts in someone's Facebook feed.
And a link to their profile? Holy cow. That's overstepping their privacy.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding putting a reservation on the guest's FB feed. I've never heard of anything like that..
By adding the ability to take reservations through Facebook you are adding another source for new reservations. Additionally, there are exciting things that can be done when tapping into the power of social networking. One benefit is that when your guests make reservations through your Facebook page, their feed will show an entry about how they just booked a reservation at your property. Additionally, your notification email will contain a link to your guest's Facebook profile
Isn't this free publicity? Their feed is just going to say Lady Jane booked a room at Grey Manor. And when you get the reservation email it will have a link to their FB profile. Depends how you feel about FB info biz sharing.

We have the ResKey FB app installed on our FB page, for a couple years now I think. No one has ever used it that I can remember.

I didn't know it was posting on their page and linking to their profile. I agree some would not like the Big Brother aspect of that. Nobody has ever mentioned it. Is it doing this? Or is this an option you can control?
As far as I know, all the Book Now button on my FB page does is take them to my ResKey reservation page.
Maybe I need to make a reservation at my inn via FB just to see what happens!
Maybe it depends on whether your Book Now button is created by your Facebook page, or created by the ResKey add-on code. Now I'm confused!

Isn't this free publicity? Their feed is just going to say Lady Jane booked a room at Grey Manor. And when you get the reservation email it will have a link to their FB profile. Depends how you feel about FB info biz sharing.
If the guest has no option but to have their vacation plans broadcast to the world, then it's an issue.
I will look at the actual set up to see if that piece is optional. If not, then I won't use it. I'll just add a regular link.
I would not appreciate a company doing that to me.

I didn't know it was posting on their page and linking to their profile. I agree some would not like the Big Brother aspect of that. Nobody has ever mentioned it. Is it doing this? Or is this an option you can control?
As far as I know, all the Book Now button on my FB page does is take them to my ResKey reservation page.
Maybe I need to make a reservation at my inn via FB just to see what happens!
Maybe it depends on whether your Book Now button is created by your Facebook page, or created by the ResKey add-on code. Now I'm confused!.
I'm confused, too!
I don't think anyone has used the link I have now, so it's probably not a big deal. If you do test it out, let us know!

If the guest has no option but to have their vacation plans broadcast to the world, then it's an issue.
I will look at the actual set up to see if that piece is optional. If not, then I won't use it. I'll just add a regular link.
Morticia said:
Res Key is simply giving us the option to use a provided Facebook tool. It's not something they set up to be disingenuous. As always, we are free to choose.
Our FB Book Now button is directly linked to our designated RK Facebook Reservation page. Problem solved.

Morticia said:
Res Key is simply giving us the option to use a provided Facebook tool. It's not something they set up to be disingenuous. As always, we are free to choose.
Our FB Book Now button is directly linked to our designated RK Facebook Reservation page. Problem solved.
Momma Smurf said:
I guess that's what I have. Mort must be seeing something new I haven't dealt with.

Morticia said:
Momma Smurf said:
I guess that's what I have. Mort must be seeing something new I haven't dealt with.
Arks said:
Momma Smurf said:
It's possible it is something new. Maybe I can figure out how to do it without the new stuff.

Morticia said:
Momma Smurf said:
Arks said:
Momma Smurf said:
It's possible it is something new. Maybe I can figure out how to do it without the new stuff.
I don't think it is new. If a user selects the app on our FB page, our RK-FB Reservation page shows up within Facebook, they don't leave to go the RK website.
We have the TripAdvisor app installed on our FB page, too, but no one ever uses that either.
FB re-arranges what our pages look like every now and then, so I think these apps are pretty hard for people to find now... If you go to our FB page you'll see the TA and Reservations apps listed in the menu running down the left side (on a computer, not sure these apps work on mobile devices).

Morticia said:
Momma Smurf said:
Arks said:
Momma Smurf said:
I don't think it is new. If a user selects the app on our FB page, our RK-FB Reservation page shows up within Facebook, they don't leave to go the RK website.
We have the TripAdvisor app installed on our FB page, too, but no one ever uses that either.
FB re-arranges what our pages look like every now and then, so I think these apps are pretty hard for people to find now... If you go to our FB page you'll see the TA and Reservations apps listed in the menu running down the left side (on a computer, not sure these apps work on mobile devices).
OnTheShore said:
When you click the Book Now button on MY FB page, a new window opens with my own ResKey reservation page, at my own website.
So what I think it happening is that you used the ResKey add-on app to create the button on your FB page, and I used a built-in Facebook feature that lets you add a button to your page and specify the URL it directs to. You're doing it through ResKey controlling FB, and I'm doing it through FB controlling it all. I think.
https://www.checkfront.com/create-call-to-action-button-facebook

Morticia said:
Momma Smurf said:
Arks said:
Momma Smurf said:
OnTheShore said:
When you click the Book Now button on MY FB page, a new window opens with my own ResKey reservation page, at my own website.
So what I think it happening is that you used the ResKey add-on app to create the button on your FB page, and I used a built-in Facebook feature that lets you add a button to your page and specify the URL it directs to. You're doing it through ResKey controlling FB, and I'm doing it through FB controlling it all. I think.
I think that's it - the difference is using the app or just the link to your booking page. Thanks!

Morticia said:
Momma Smurf said:
Arks said:
Momma Smurf said:
OnTheShore said:
Yes, I think you've got it.
I have the Facebook button set up for "Contact Us"

Back