Rezkey requiring second person name and announcing a rezkey forum

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I set this as a required field myself and have been quite pleased actually having the other guest' name on the reservation. Tonight the person had his and her name on the booking, but only selected 1 person, for the stay. She said "It made me put another name in there" so...my question is, would you not put NONE on those fields if it is required? Or put someone who is NOT staying here there?
In a nutshell, is this a game changer? Do I need to revoke my "required" field or keep it as is? What do you have if you take online reservations? Is the second person's name optional?

Is there a way you can put Name or None??? Just to clarify what goes there?? I haven't looked at it in ages.

You can have it SHOW but not mandatory. If you do that, then the field is white, vs pink for mandatory. Try it here.
I am just wondering is it ROCKET SCIENCE or it is just a duh moment? We don't have many single travelers, but we have had the name in there twice and also NONE typed in there.
And BTW there is a RezKey Forum as I went in to check this setting THERE WAS THE ANNOUNCEMENT EMAIL.

Emptynest has the perfect solution. While leaving the feel mandatory you can change the label beside the 2nd person to "2nd guest / if none put N/A"

You can have it SHOW but not mandatory. If you do that, then the field is white, vs pink for mandatory. Try it here.
I am just wondering is it ROCKET SCIENCE or it is just a duh moment? We don't have many single travelers, but we have had the name in there twice and also NONE typed in there.
And BTW there is a RezKey Forum as I went in to check this setting THERE WAS THE ANNOUNCEMENT EMAIL..
Opps

I am completely annoyed by people who put in ONE name for a rez for FOUR guests. I would just put my name twice if it was only me. Or, 'none, none'.
Guest coming in this weekend has 2 rooms. Only 1 person's name for both rooms, all name slots filled in with the same name, claims 4 guests are coming. I'm going to call all of them Mary.

Back