Rezo GT 5.0/CC Security

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBanczak

Reaction score
Swirt - this finally released last week including the credit-card functionality you helped out with. Appreciate your feedback on this. We owe a lot of this, as well as the design of our availability calendar, to feedback form this forum. This was basically the biggest release we've had as well with a couple other cool things that I'm happy to talk about, but don't want to seem like I am here promoting the product.

John,
Thank you for giving this Forum credit for feedback that was helpful. That truly is the mission of all of us on the Forum - to be helpful.

Thanks - and it was super-helpful. We changed a number of things in the availability calendar and so far properties love it.
One thing I must mention - sorry - do not want to promote here... but we launched "orphaned room functionality..." based on feedback from at least one forum member here, and a couple other properties. I find this little thing to be particularly neat. Here is the deal:
Lets say you have a 2 night min on every night of the year. Customer books Wed-thur night, then another books Sat-sun night... So now you have "orphaned" friday night. It cannot possibly be booked online because it has a 2 night min. On the phone you can waive it, but if a customer does a 1 night search, they are out of luck... this is pretty typical.
So now, if a room is orphaned like this - meaning it has a min stay but that min stay is bumped against sold out rooms on both sides - the min stay can be set to drop off so 1 night can now be booked.

Thanks - and it was super-helpful. We changed a number of things in the availability calendar and so far properties love it.
One thing I must mention - sorry - do not want to promote here... but we launched "orphaned room functionality..." based on feedback from at least one forum member here, and a couple other properties. I find this little thing to be particularly neat. Here is the deal:
Lets say you have a 2 night min on every night of the year. Customer books Wed-thur night, then another books Sat-sun night... So now you have "orphaned" friday night. It cannot possibly be booked online because it has a 2 night min. On the phone you can waive it, but if a customer does a 1 night search, they are out of luck... this is pretty typical.
So now, if a room is orphaned like this - meaning it has a min stay but that min stay is bumped against sold out rooms on both sides - the min stay can be set to drop off so 1 night can now be booked..
JBanczak said:
So now, if a room is orphaned like this - meaning it has a min stay but that min stay is bumped against sold out rooms on both sides - the min stay can be set to drop off so 1 night can now be booked.
That is really cool!

So now, if a room is orphaned like this - meaning it has a min stay but that min stay is bumped against sold out rooms on both sides - the min stay can be set to drop off so 1 night can now be booked..
That is a slick feature. And having it be a choice to drop off the min requirement is cool for those slightly overloaded innkeepers (like me) who don't ususally take 1 night stays even if the room is orphaned. It is very cool to have the choice.
I don't have a problem with you offering a feature list or doing question answer about the products. Your contributions here and lumps you've taken over the years have earned you that right ;) What I would like to avoid is telling people to call you or comparing and contrasting the competition. I know its a fine line, when in doubt feel free to ask. ;)

Let me get this straight.
  • If my system is set up that all rooms have a two-night minimum every night, and
  • if a guest searches for a one-night room
  • then only the orphaned rooms for the night in question will be shown as available. Correct?
If a one-night room is requested on a night with no orphaned rooms but other rooms are available, then the system will show no availability (because only one night was requested)?
What if the minimum stay is three nights? Is a room that is only available for two nights considered orphaned? Would the system show as available only those rooms that have availability that exactly matches the request? (In other words, only show one-night only rooms for one-night requests, two-night rooms for two-night requests, etc.) Along the lines of your example, but with a three-night minimum, if a booking checks out on Friday and the next booking does not come in until Sunday then Friday and Saturday nights are orphaned. If someone requests a single night, will that room show as available? (i.e. does the system alter the minimum-stay requirement to the next-highest-level -- three day minimum becomes two-day minimum -- or does it completely drop the minimum when it cannot be achieved?)

Very good questions - and I wish I could tell you that it is that dynamic. It currently only works for single orphaned rooms - whether you have a 2 night or 3 night doesn't matter - it is only if there is 1 night sandwiched in. I can see where it would make sense to take min stay less one to determine what an "orphan" is though.
Rooms will still show up on the availability calendar - with the min stay listed... however they will not be bookable online, only by calling - which is how the single orphan used to be available before.

Back