RezOvation and JackRabbit Systems Announce Broad Partnership to Bring Tremendous Exposure to Small Properties

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBanczak

Reaction score
Hey gang - this went out today, thought you might all find it interesting.
Austin, TX- RezOvation, the leader in property management systems for inns, B&B, hotels, and specialty lodging with its GT and Webervations products, today announced a new partnership with JackRabbit Systems, an emerging technology for
destination marketing organizations (DMOs) and convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs). Now all RezOvation and Webervations users will enjoy full commission tracking for JackRabbit sites, along with a streamlined billing process. 'From day one, JackRabbit Systems included small properties on a level playing field with larger hotels. It is this type of exposure that helps small properties to compete, and we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our customers to capture as many additional consumers as they can while having the proper tools to track the reservations,' RezOvation CEO Eric Goldreyer explained. 'We are also able to provide a streamlined billing process so that RezOvation and Webervations customers can take advantage of this additional distribution as easily as possible,' continued Goldreyer.

In a short amount of time, JackRabbit Systems has emerged as a leading provider of booking engine solutions for DMOs. JackRabbit's Booking Engine enables DMO and CVB sites to offer consolidated availability displays including hotels, motels, inns, B&Bs, and other lodgings. The system checks availability at participating properties, then sends consumers directly to a property website to make a reservation. All properties are listed in a similar fashion regardless of size or lodging type. Hundreds of RezOvation and Webervations customers are already seeing a significant amount of reservation volume through these distribution websites. Some of the sites include the Daytona Beach, Florida Convention and Visitors Bureau, www.daytonabeach.com;, the City of Sante Fe, www.santafe.org; the New Mexico Lodging Association, www.nmlodging.org; and over 50 other sites. During the next 60 days, JackRabbit will be deploying its search engine on the websites of the State Tourism Departments of Florida, Texas, Montana and New Mexico 'RezOvation and Webervations have recognized the tremendous opportunity to gain exposure for their customers and have proactively sought out a way to make it as easy as possible for them to be included in the JackRabbit sites, with accurate reservation and commission tracking systems in place,' commented JackRabbit Systems CEO Andrew Van Luchene. 'RezOvation and Webervations are now officially JackRabbit's primary small property PMS, given the attention to detail they have put into making the system work, and the easy billing process they have put in place for small properties,' Van Luchene noted.

The new partnership begins immediately. RezOvation and JackRabbit Systems have already tested and activated the tracking mechanisms for both RezOvation and Webervations products, and RezOvation will begin billing for JackRabbit Systems on April 1. Interested properties can contact either company for more information, and need to sign a simple distribution agreement with JackRabbit Systems to be included on a JackRabbit-powered site. 'This is one more example of how RezOvation and Webervations are extending the marketing reach of B&Bs to capture as many consumers as possible,' noted John Banczak, COO of RezOvation. 'The key to success for small lodging properties is to gain exposure in as many ways as possible; we are working hard to make this happen as easily as possible for our customers,' he concluded.

About RezOvation:
RezOvation is a Microsoft Gold Certified company and the industry leader in property management systems, online reservations, website design and internet marketing for the small hotel, inn, and B&B market. Over 7,500 properties actively use RezOvation and Webervations software. RezOvation is part of the BedandBreakfast.com family of companies.

About JackRabbit:
JackRabbit Systems provides the BookDirect™ lodging accommodation search engine that is embedded into high-traffic, local, and regional websites throughout the United States and Canada. The BookDirect system automatically collects rate and availability information from participating accommodation inventory systems and displays this information on the host website so consumers can easily browse lodging options in the market. Consumers then click a "BookDirect" button, which redirects them to the accommodation's own website, where they can finalize their reservation. In so doing, BookDirect eliminates the middle-man and creates a seamless bridge between the accommodation and the guest.

Waah it's getting more complicated! I'm just happy with Webervations staying affordable! Even when I get to 5 rooms I don't think I'll need anything more unless I try and orgainize the tours with the rooms but I think that would be a potenial nightmare.
I even have them listed separately in my three ring binder.
Riki

Waah it's getting more complicated! I'm just happy with Webervations staying affordable! Even when I get to 5 rooms I don't think I'll need anything more unless I try and orgainize the tours with the rooms but I think that would be a potenial nightmare.
Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
This is completely optional actually. We started getting bombarded by innkeepers who wanted to be on these sites - over 200 of them already - so we put something in place to make it easier and more accurate. Innkeepers are really only affected if their DMO decides to use JackRabbit. We like their product though - not many people go out of their way to get B&B's on an equal footing and they did - they really wanted this to work seamlessly and they did a great job enabling this exposure.

My oh my...maybe it is my connection today but these sites all took forever to load. I didn't wait around any longer. So to clarify. This is only something that CVB's etc use and it will have no bearing on most places if theirs doesn't use this??

My oh my...maybe it is my connection today but these sites all took forever to load. I didn't wait around any longer. So to clarify. This is only something that CVB's etc use and it will have no bearing on most places if theirs doesn't use this??.
catlady said:
My oh my...maybe it is my connection today but these sites all took forever to load. I didn't wait around any longer. So to clarify. This is only something that CVB's etc use and it will have no bearing on most places if theirs doesn't use this??
Exactly. If your CVB or DMO happens to use JackRabbit, then we will enable all the conversion tracking/etc. like hotels get. But if they don't, then this doesn't really impact you, and even then if they do and you don't want to participate, you don't have to sign with JackRabbit.

John - If a state B & B association was interested in signing up with Jack Rabbit, would ALL the members have to have the capability of on line booking? Not all of our members have it, while some might be interested.

John am I right in thinking that this is another distribution channel similar to the GDS?
If an innkeeper sells a $100 room through Jackrabbit, what does it cost them (I'm guessing there are fees for this on your side and the side of Jackrabbit)?

John - If a state B & B association was interested in signing up with Jack Rabbit, would ALL the members have to have the capability of on line booking? Not all of our members have it, while some might be interested..
welcome.gif
, Farmer! Join in the discussions!

This is a totally wacked out comment but here goes - I BELIEVE that a requirement to be IN A STATE ASSOCIATION s/b online reservations.
Told you it was wacked, but they can comment/inspeact little details AT the INN, but what about WEB PRESENCE OVERALL? It reflects the state association as well.

This is a totally wacked out comment but here goes - I BELIEVE that a requirement to be IN A STATE ASSOCIATION s/b online reservations.
Told you it was wacked, but they can comment/inspeact little details AT the INN, but what about WEB PRESENCE OVERALL? It reflects the state association as well..
I wish we could do that..but we as an association cannot dictate the business practices of member inns. How they run their inn is their own business..not ours. But they must meet our standards to be a member. Some folks just don't want it and that is fine.

Told you it was wacked, but they can comment/inspeact little details AT the INN, but what about WEB PRESENCE OVERALL? It reflects the state association as well..
Duplicate post..sorry SWIRT..but things are really bogged down here today. I only clicked once...got an internal server error message and 2 of the same popped up.

John - If a state B & B association was interested in signing up with Jack Rabbit, would ALL the members have to have the capability of on line booking? Not all of our members have it, while some might be interested..
farmer said:
John - If a state B & B association was interested in signing up with Jack Rabbit, would ALL the members have to have the capability of on line booking? Not all of our members have it, while some might be interested.
I believe to be in the booking path of that site, then yes - although I'm not sure I completely understand the question. JackRabbit provides a consolidated availability display (similar to Webervations actually), that connects to lots of different hotel chains, PMS, etc. They plug in a date picker to a website then - so I guess the answer to your question is that a member would have to have some type of availability system to be in that portion of the state website. I'm guessing it is likely there are other portions of the state website that just have listings though - but it probably varies by state.

John am I right in thinking that this is another distribution channel similar to the GDS?
If an innkeeper sells a $100 room through Jackrabbit, what does it cost them (I'm guessing there are fees for this on your side and the side of Jackrabbit)?.
swirt said:
If an innkeeper sells a $100 room through Jackrabbit, what does it cost them (I'm guessing there are fees for this on your side and the side of Jackrabbit)?
Jackrabbit has a fee, but it varies from per click to per reservation and that fee is negotiated directly with the states. I do not have that information, but I will eventually since we will be handling billing for them. There is no additional fee from Webervations or Rezovation though - just whatever the association agrees to with Jackrabbit for all of its members from what I can tell.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Told you it was wacked, but they can comment/inspeact little details AT the INN, but what about WEB PRESENCE OVERALL? It reflects the state association as well.
Very interesting thought - that hadn't dawned on me before, but certainly for a consumer it would make sense.

Back