RezOvation announces new benefits and pricing for RezOvation and Webervations Products

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,
Question #1) Will the Bronze level feature a link TO our webervations or just show our AC on the BandB listing?
Question #2) Currently on the silver level is there a way to turn OFF reservation REQUEST on our BandB.com listing? For some reason the people who are not that bright think they send that off REQUEST off and it means they have a room booked. I had it ocur on another directory and only take real-time bookings online for our B&B.
If it is a feature I can manually turn off, just let me know. THANKS..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
Question #1) Will the Bronze level feature a link TO our webervations or just show our AC on the BandB listing?
Question #2) Currently on the silver level is there a way to turn OFF reservation REQUEST on our BandB.com listing? For some reason the people who are not that bright think they send that off REQUEST off and it means they have a room booked. I had it ocur on another directory and only take real-time bookings online for our B&B.
If it is a feature I can manually turn off, just let me know. THANKS.
#1 - the link just goes to your actual Webervations page. We don't have a way to show your calendar, although I guess that would be nice, but we've never done that before.
#2 - yes, you can turn this off if you like. Just go to your homebase, and click on the "Email" link in the left-nav column. On that page then you'll see a series of radio buttons where you can turn features on and off and that is one of them.
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
#1 - the link just goes to your actual Webervations page. We don't have a way to show your calendar, although I guess that would be nice, but we've never done that before.
#2 - yes, you can turn this off if you like. Just go to your homebase, and click on the "Email" link in the left-nav column. On that page then you'll see a series of radio buttons where you can turn features on and off and that is one of them.
JB
Awesome. Done.
If you are looking for a lower cost online booking system, almost exactly what webervations was before b&b.com bought them, you might try www.availabilityonline.com ($65) I just discovered them and was thinking of dropping webervations and trying them out. Anyone else using them or used them in the past?
swilson said:
If you are looking for a lower cost online booking system, almost exactly what webervations was before b&b.com bought them, you might try www.availabilityonline.com ($65) I just discovered them and was thinking of dropping webervations and trying them out. Anyone else using them or used them in the past?
When I looked into that it was reservation request only, not real time. I can have people email me all they want to with reservation requests, I need real-time bookings, that is the whole point of online reservations. To me, if they cannot BOOK A ROOM NOW then the whole thing is not worth even the $65 a year. Unless they change and make it real-time I won't be biting.
I talked to Tom at availabilityonline, and he said the only difference is that when you recieve the "request" as a pending booking, you have to accept it. Until you accept it, you could get a double booking and it will not update automaticly until you accept it. Does not seem like a problem to me, plus they are working on a new software whcih will give the innkeeper the choice of accepting first or automaticly removing the room from inventory. He said if they receive the huge influx they are hoping for by keeping their price at $65 that the software will be coming out sooner rather than later.
Welcome swilson. Totally off topic, but congratulations on being Innspiring.com 's 300th member.
cheers.gif

swirt said:
Welcome swilson. Totally off topic, but congratulations on being Innspiring.com 's 300th member.
cheers.gif
Yes Welcome...glad you have joined us and glad you have jumped right in!
Thanks, never really had anybody to talk to before about all the stuff we deal with. info: I've had a b&b for 10 years now, and feel kind of successful. Scratching and clawing to the top of google is a battle as you all probably know. Looks like it is going to be a tough year so as I said, I'm trying to trim all I can.

Well, Yeehaa!!!! I can finally say OK to something! Yes, thank you, I think the new price for Webervations is fair. Welcome, Twilson and no offense meant when I say I would not go for the other product. I have Webervations, I like what it does and how it works and they have given me a price that I can live with.
John, I do have one question. Please bear with me as I have a brain that has been fried this week with electronics problems.
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
So my total amount with both would be $342.50 for the year? Is that correct?

Well, Yeehaa!!!! I can finally say OK to something! Yes, thank you, I think the new price for Webervations is fair. Welcome, Twilson and no offense meant when I say I would not go for the other product. I have Webervations, I like what it does and how it works and they have given me a price that I can live with.
John, I do have one question. Please bear with me as I have a brain that has been fried this week with electronics problems.
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
So my total amount with both would be $342.50 for the year? Is that correct?.
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
Yes, that is correct - assuming you owe anything for Webervations at this time. This pricing applies to everyone - so if you paid for Webervations last December for example, and you want Bronze - you get the links - and you pay only for Bronze (since you already paid for Webervations). Does that make sense? Not sure I'm explaining it very well.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
Yes, that is correct - assuming you owe anything for Webervations at this time. This pricing applies to everyone - so if you paid for Webervations last December for example, and you want Bronze - you get the links - and you pay only for Bronze (since you already paid for Webervations). Does that make sense? Not sure I'm explaining it very well.
Total sense and thank you. Thank you for listening to us. I do appreciate it.

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
swilson said:
I agree it is a similar product, but I do think Webervations has some substantial features advantages, even forgeting about the automatic reservations. Nothing against AO - they clearly are dedicated to the industry and from what I know seem to be good folks.
But there are big differences in functionality, customization, flexibility, ease-of-use, and consumer presentation. If you pay them $140/yr for their "premium" service, then you can get closer in customization to Webervations.
Either way, I believe the AO availability pages are extremely confusing. I have asked many an innkeeper using them at conferences to show me how to make a booking on their own sites - and almost without fail they can barely figure it out. On their own site.
I'm sure everyone thinks I'm biased, but - but it is relatively easy to evaluate booking engine - and I think there are some very good booking competitor booking engines out there. Superinn in particular to name one has very clean pages and a very quick booking path. I hate to mention them since they don't even link to Webervations - and they are a competitor - but I'm not going to lie - when there is a good clean design, it is very apparent. I can't speak to the rest of their system, but this does make a big difference.
Webervations is extremely flexible and very easy for consumers to use. I don't believe that AO is. Maybe others feel differently, and it is only my opinion per usual.
To get anything close to that customization on AO - you need to pay for their superior service - which is $140/yr, and I believe still falls short due to the hiccups in the booking path.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
So, since we are going off subject...although and I saw from old posts this has been beat pretty hard...how are all of you doing with bedandbreakfast.com? My booking from b&b.com (calls or webervations, I never had bookings thru them)went from eight one year to 1 booking the next so I dropped them. How are others doing?

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
So, since we are going off subject...although and I saw from old posts this has been beat pretty hard...how are all of you doing with bedandbreakfast.com? My booking from b&b.com (calls or webervations, I never had bookings thru them)went from eight one year to 1 booking the next so I dropped them. How are others doing?
swilson said:
I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't realize we were going off-topic, but I can certainly look into your area and try and figure out why you saw that performance. There is a great thread going on about Quantcast right now - and you can see that consumer traffic to the BB.com website has never been higher.
Where is your property located? I can tell you specifically how traffic has done for that area over the past couple years.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
swilson
I spend alot with b&b. com, Silver with 2 additional cites, most of the time win featured property of the month in additional city & do bids on multiple cities for top billing. With all of this it works well for me. I don't use their global booking area.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
I will answer here because it is a direct question of me (I think) but suggest you start a new thread to ask this of others.
Feb 26 is my last day on bandb. I appreciate them listening, but I have already spent the money I would have used for my listing with them. I will however, be renewing my Webervations in April. They kept the price reasonable. I appreciate it is a small increase. One expects small increases as expenses increase - it is the sudden Hello, Wallet! increases that jolt one and cause one to really study results.
I do not need bells and whistles, just basic pull that sucker out of inventory right now and Webervations 1.0 does that for me.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
swilson said:
How were you tracking these conversions? That seems impossibly low for an entire year.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
swilson said:
How were you tracking these conversions? That seems impossibly low for an entire year.
Yes, that is what I thought and why I dropped. We ask on every reservation where they FIRST found us on the web. (all bookings from web only,we have no sign, get no drive ups etc)

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
swilson said:
Yes, that is what I thought and why I dropped. We ask on every reservation where they FIRST found us on the web. (all bookings from web only,we have no sign, get no drive ups etc)
The guests are the LAST ones to know where they found you. I think I'll start a new thread on this.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
swilson said:
AS NW BB wrote in this post, self-reporting is incredibly inaccurate. I wouldn't base any decision on it alone without some actual tracking data.
Generally speaking, guests from B&B.com are just as likely to convert as those from bbonline.com or other major directory (I posted some conversion samples a while back), so it really comes down to traffic. If conversion rates are extremely low, it may be an indication that what is being offered is not quite what people are seeing on the directory or it may be an indication of a website in need adjustment.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
swilson said:
The guests are the LAST ones to know where they found you. I think I'll start a new thread on this.
Sorry,
Gotta disagree with you on that one. If you yourself are web savy, and know the right questions to ask, you can get AT LEAST a 75% answer of for sure where they found you. Why? You ask where they FIRST found you. So they say google. I say what did you actually type in on google. Ok, yes, 25% say, uh I don't know, I've been looking for days etc etc. BUT, most of my customers will tell me exactly the keywords they typed in, then I go to google and type it in and see where I'm found with those words. Or they will say referall, return guest, or found you on so and so site I'm paying to be on. I may make someone mad here, but if you can't find out how the majority of the guests found you by asking them questions, I don't think the problem is with the guest.

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
Webervations is a Good Product and Bedandbreakfast.com is a great company, so my loyalty is with them. never heard of the other company.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
swilson said:
Sorry,
Gotta disagree with you on that one. If you yourself are web savy, and know the right questions to ask, you can get AT LEAST a 75% answer of for sure where they found you. Why? You ask where they FIRST found you. So they say google. I say what did you actually type in on google. Ok, yes, 25% say, uh I don't know, I've been looking for days etc etc. BUT, most of my customers will tell me exactly the keywords they typed in, then I go to google and type it in and see where I'm found with those words. Or they will say referall, return guest, or found you on so and so site I'm paying to be on. I may make someone mad here, but if you can't find out how the majority of the guests found you by asking them questions, I don't think the problem is with the guest.
Sorry, but I am not playing "20 Questions" with guests. If they give me a vague answer like GOOGLE..then so be it. I just don't need to interrogate a guest to that degree to find out how they found me. If they are specific GREAT..if not..I really don't care.

A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
gillumhouse said:
A bronze listing is $240
Webervations is $102.50
swilson said:
AS NW BB wrote in this post, self-reporting is incredibly inaccurate. I wouldn't base any decision on it alone without some actual tracking data.
Generally speaking, guests from B&B.com are just as likely to convert as those from bbonline.com or other major directory (I posted some conversion samples a while back), so it really comes down to traffic. If conversion rates are extremely low, it may be an indication that what is being offered is not quite what people are seeing on the directory or it may be an indication of a website in need adjustment.
swirt said:
If conversion rates are extremely low, it may be an indication that what is being offered is not quite what people are seeing on the directory or it may be an indication of a website in need adjustment.
That strikes me a key statement. I am always looking at our website to improve it. It is much easier to accept that our site needs improvement if you assume that the conversion rate from directories has some kind of constant range and the goal is to fall into that. Frankly, that is harder in Hawaii, but still true.

Thank you very much for keeping Webervations affordable for the little guys like us.
Best regards.
RIki

Is the link on the bronze level available now?.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Is the link on the bronze level available now?
Honestly - not sure. It is not in the checkout process, we are just activating it for Bronze members who are Webervations. We need to build a process for it - but I do know that we plan to have it live by March 1 latest.
I'm checking though with tech on the process. I think it will be the same as we did for availability links - let me get back to you as soon as I have an answer (no later than Wed).

Back