RezOvation announces new benefits and pricing for RezOvation and Webervations Products

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBanczak

Reaction score
[FONT= &quot]RezOvation announces new benefits and pricing for RezOvation and Webervations Products[/FONT]
Austin, TX– After months of talking to customers and analyzing the results of a survey completed by over 1,000 innkeepers, RezOvation, the leader in property management systems for inns, B&B, hotels, and specialty lodging, today announced its new product strategy, pricing, and benefits structure for both RezOvation and Webervations. “We are committed to maintaining Webervations as the hands-down innkeeper favorite by not making any material changes to the product,” CEO Eric Goldreyer explained. “At the same time, we are enhancing Webervations’ back-end security/redundancy and are providing additional value through a tighter integration with our sister company, BedandBreakfast.com, by giving members a free link to their Webervations availability calendar and by adding integration into our optional distribution network through Expedia, hotels.com, BedandBreakfast.com, and others. These benefits, along with the ability to display inventory on most state association websites and many B&B directories, will ensure that Webervations is and will remain the de-facto standard for the industry for years to come,” concluded Goldreyer.
Product improvements: Since RezOvation acquired Webervations in November 2008, a number of back-end product enhancements have been made. The first priority was to install a first-ever complete “warm” standby backup system with total redundancy in the event of any data failures. Whereas in the past system outages were primarily detected only when reported by properties, ten different monitors now notify our staff immediately, 24/7. In addition, potential guests can now access Webervations 24/7 to make reservations; previously they often encountered maintenance screens when attempting late night requests.
Additional improvements include:

• Added two developers and a product manager.
  • Added an issue tracking / ticketing system for developers
  • Automated all the backend jobs, for increased reliability and reduced downtime.
  • Added error tracking so that we are always notified and can take action to fix/improve problem areas.
  • Synchronize all PMS systems every 15 minutes (instead of hourly).
  • Triple redundancy on all applications.
  • Double redundancy on the data base.
  • Full QA (quality assurance) environments, including all third party PMS systems, so we can better troubleshoot issues, leading to faster fixes and change testing.

Additional Webervations product enhancements are in the works, but the core functionality will remain largely the same, enabling users to receive reservation requests and to connect their properties to numerous distribution websites. Immediate plans include connecting Webervations to the BedandBreakfast.com Online Reservation program that provides innkeepers with optional access to sites like Expedia, hotels,com, Kayak, Sidestep, and Nextag.
New customer benefits: All RezOvation GT and Desktop support and booking engine customers will get a free Webervations 1.0 account to access to their association sites and/or to use on their website instead of the RezOvation Booking Engine if they prefer to do so. In addition, the RezOvation Network PC charge of $9.99/month now includes two additional computers, not just one, for a total of three computers in a network.
As an added benefit for both RezOvation Booking Engine and Webervations customers, as of March 1st, all membership levels on BedandBreakfast.com will include links to both the property website and to the property’s availability calendar or booking engine. These links appear both on BedandBreakfast.com city and property listing pages. Previously, these links were included only for Silver level members and higher.
Pricing for March 1, 2009: Webervations pricing will change from the current annual pricing, plus $5-$15 extra per unit above 12 units, to a flat monthly price based on actual property size with an optional annual 5% payment discount, similar to the established RezOvation Booking Engine pricing. For example, the cost for properties with 1-4 guest room using Webervations 1.0 will be $8.99 monthly, or $102.49 annually with the annual pre-payment option (up from $80 annually); for 5-9 guest rooms, $10.99 monthly or $125.29 annually with the 5% pre-pay discount.. Click here for the complete price list. Current customers will not switch over to the new pricing until their current membership term expires.
Webervations 2.0 is currently in beta testing, but prices have been reduced from the current cost of $40 monthly to $14.99 monthly for properties with 1-4 guest rooms, and $19.99/month for 5-9 guest rooms. No additional properties will be added to the beta program at this time, and no current properties using the system will be charged any fee until after the beta phase is completed.
Additional Webervations pricing changes include reducing the Express Setup fee to a flat $149 fee (previously $150-$375 based on property size). Campgrounds, RV parks, and outdoor outfitters that may have hundreds of small rental units including canoes, backpacks or parking spaces for example will enjoy special pricing of $13.99 for 10-49 units; $18.99 for 50-99 units; and $24.99 for 100 units and more. Annual pricing is discounted by 5%.
Associations who use the Webervations consolidated availability calendar will continue to receive discounts for their members. Association discounts have been standardized so that associations can save up to 35% based on their size and payment plan.
Those with 5-24 properties using Webervations will receive a 15% discount for their members. Those that pay on behalf of the properties all in one monthly payment will get an additional 5% discount; associations paying annually still qualify for the 5% annual payment discount for a total of 25% off the price of any Webervations product. The discount for associations with 25-99 properties using Webervations will start at 20%; for associations with 100+ properties starts at 25%. All other pricing at RezOvation and Webervations remains the same. Current customers will not switch over to the new pricing until their current membership term expires.
While we understand that no one likes to see a price increase on a product, the pricing levels that have been in place since 1999 were not enough to continue to maintain the Webervations product. Even with the modest price increases we are announcing today, the Webervations product remains among the lowest priced online property management systems products in the industry. Coupled with the vast feature set, and connectivity to over twenty different desktop PMS products, over two hundred association and directory websites, and soon to major sites like Expedia and hotels.com, it is by far the best software value available,” explained John Banczak, COO of RezOvation and its sister company, BedandBreakfast.com.
“[COLOR= black]As Webervations has grown, it became increasingly difficult to maintain the company as the owner, founder, and sole developer[/COLOR],” said David Swain, owner of American Dreams, Inc and developer of Webervations. “I am pleased to see a company like RezOvation taking over the operation. Their owners have demonstrated a long-standing commitment to the small lodging industry dating back to 1994,” finished Swain.
About RezOvation:
RezOvation is a Microsoft Gold Certified company and the industry leader in property management systems, online reservations, website design and internet marketing for the small hotel, inn, and B&B market. Over 7,500 properties actively use RezOvation and Webervations software. RezOvation is part of the BedandBreakfast.com family of companies.

So for a B&B with up to 4 rooms it comes to $102.50 if paid for the year... not including any association discounts that might apply? Or $125 if paid for the year for any B&B with 5-9 rooms? That seems pretty reasonable.

Yes - that is correct on the pricing. The other major change is that any Webervations customer now gets a link from their Bronze listing to both their property and their AC, which means the price of the least expensive listing with a link has gone down for Webervations customers, and that listing at that price includes both links.

Yes - that is correct on the pricing. The other major change is that any Webervations customer now gets a link from their Bronze listing to both their property and their AC, which means the price of the least expensive listing with a link has gone down for Webervations customers, and that listing at that price includes both links..
JBanczak said:
Yes - that is correct on the pricing. The other major change is that any Webervations customer now gets a link from their Bronze listing to both their property and their AC, which means the price of the least expensive listing with a link has gone down for Webervations customers, and that listing at that price includes both links.
Got me hanging by a thread now dontchya.
cry_smile.gif

John Question - You have not updated this to say link to website? Is that right? http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/Members/ChooseLevel.aspx?cc=0

So for $240 a year on the Bronze listing I get ONE photo and a link to my website and AC?
IF I AM A WEBERV customer.
So this is the most basic listing and has those features we have complained about intensely on this forum and even moreso on the old forum. Thank you for adding that.

Yes - that is correct on the pricing. The other major change is that any Webervations customer now gets a link from their Bronze listing to both their property and their AC, which means the price of the least expensive listing with a link has gone down for Webervations customers, and that listing at that price includes both links..
JBanczak said:
Got me hanging by a thread now dontchya.
cry_smile.gif

John Question - You have not updated this to say link to website? Is that right? http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/Members/ChooseLevel.aspx?cc=0
That is correct - quite honestly we need to figure out how. At this point it is going to be a manual process since it is only provided to Weber or Rezo members. We have a list of every bronze BB.com/weber/rezo member and will be putting it up automatically before March 1. We had a number of inns requesting to get pricing changes asap - so we annouced them the minute we could. We don't have all the back-end in place, that is why we made them effective March 1.

Well while I wish a few minor things had gotten in on this update but really not bad at all. OK everyone that wanted a link from the Bronze listing, here it is with the catch of having Webervations - not a bad compromise IMHO.

Well while I wish a few minor things had gotten in on this update but really not bad at all. OK everyone that wanted a link from the Bronze listing, here it is with the catch of having Webervations - not a bad compromise IMHO..
Copperhead said:
Well while I wish a few minor things had gotten in on this update but really not bad at all. OK everyone that wanted a link from the Bronze listing, here it is with the catch of having Webervations - not a bad compromise IMHO.
Considering all the talk on here of looking for a new online rez system similar to weberv and cost effective as well. I think BandB.com have put on their thinking caps (Since we all have said repeatedly the bronze was a worthless waste of space in the past with no url link) and as we all expected a raise in rates from Weberv pricing, I think I will have to say well done on this one to BandB.com.
It actually forces an inn to have a semi-professionl presence on the web!

So for $240 a year on the Bronze listing I get ONE photo and a link to my website and AC?
So this is the most basic listing and has those features we have complained about intensely on this forum and even moreso on the old forum. Thank you for adding that..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
So this is the most basic listing and has those features we have complained about intensely on this forum and even moreso on the old forum. Thank you for adding that.
Yep - that is correct. Thanks for the positive comments guys - we thought it made sense from an overall product perspective and I appreciate at least some confirmation from a few folks so far.
Thanks again,
JB

John,
Question #1) Will the Bronze level feature a link TO our webervations or just show our AC on the BandB listing?
Question #2) Currently on the silver level is there a way to turn OFF reservation REQUEST on our BandB.com listing? For some reason the people who are not that bright think they send that off REQUEST off and it means they have a room booked. I had it ocur on another directory and only take real-time bookings online for our B&B.
If it is a feature I can manually turn off, just let me know. THANKS.

John,
Question #1) Will the Bronze level feature a link TO our webervations or just show our AC on the BandB listing?
Question #2) Currently on the silver level is there a way to turn OFF reservation REQUEST on our BandB.com listing? For some reason the people who are not that bright think they send that off REQUEST off and it means they have a room booked. I had it ocur on another directory and only take real-time bookings online for our B&B.
If it is a feature I can manually turn off, just let me know. THANKS..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
#1 - the link just goes to your actual Webervations page. We don't have a way to show your calendar, although I guess that would be nice, but we've never done that before.
#2 - yes, you can turn this off if you like. Just go to your homebase, and click on the "Email" link in the left-nav column. On that page then you'll see a series of radio buttons where you can turn features on and off and that is one of them.
JB

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
#1 - the link just goes to your actual Webervations page. We don't have a way to show your calendar, although I guess that would be nice, but we've never done that before.
#2 - yes, you can turn this off if you like. Just go to your homebase, and click on the "Email" link in the left-nav column. On that page then you'll see a series of radio buttons where you can turn features on and off and that is one of them.
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
If you are looking for a lower cost online booking system, almost exactly what webervations was before b&b.com bought them, you might try www.availabilityonline.com ($65) I just discovered them and was thinking of dropping webervations and trying them out. Anyone else using them or used them in the past?

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
If you are looking for a lower cost online booking system, almost exactly what webervations was before b&b.com bought them, you might try www.availabilityonline.com ($65) I just discovered them and was thinking of dropping webervations and trying them out. Anyone else using them or used them in the past?
swilson said:
When I looked into that it was reservation request only, not real time. I can have people email me all they want to with reservation requests, I need real-time bookings, that is the whole point of online reservations. To me, if they cannot BOOK A ROOM NOW then the whole thing is not worth even the $65 a year. Unless they change and make it real-time I won't be biting.

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
swilson said:
When I looked into that it was reservation request only, not real time. I can have people email me all they want to with reservation requests, I need real-time bookings, that is the whole point of online reservations. To me, if they cannot BOOK A ROOM NOW then the whole thing is not worth even the $65 a year. Unless they change and make it real-time I won't be biting.
I talked to Tom at availabilityonline, and he said the only difference is that when you recieve the "request" as a pending booking, you have to accept it. Until you accept it, you could get a double booking and it will not update automaticly until you accept it. Does not seem like a problem to me, plus they are working on a new software whcih will give the innkeeper the choice of accepting first or automaticly removing the room from inventory. He said if they receive the huge influx they are hoping for by keeping their price at $65 that the software will be coming out sooner rather than later.

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
swilson said:
I talked to Tom at availabilityonline, and he said the only difference is that when you recieve the "request" as a pending booking, you have to accept it. Until you accept it, you could get a double booking and it will not update automaticly until you accept it. Does not seem like a problem to me, plus they are working on a new software whcih will give the innkeeper the choice of accepting first or automaticly removing the room from inventory. He said if they receive the huge influx they are hoping for by keeping their price at $65 that the software will be coming out sooner rather than later.
swilson said:
The only difference? That still doesn't work.
There is not a booking until the innkeeper does his or her thing. Currently in webervations - what you see is what you get (if you have the prgm set this way). If you see an available room, you book it, you get the confirmation immediately - done deal. This is how the majority of people SHOP online these days - to book a room anywhere. I do it, don't you?
When I am on vacation and/or out of the country or away from the internet and email - I want the bookings to come in and be dealt with automatically.
The guest is not waiting on the innkeeper to make his or her move before KNOWING if they have a confirmed booking - which could take time - I mean, we eat we sleep we shop we work we live. That forces me to be tied to this machine 24 hours a day 365 days a year! "Oh No! I didn't check for bookings in the last 3 hours!"
In today's world people want to make a booking WHEN they are making a booking. Otherwise they will call and make sure it is booked and get a confirmation. But I find MOST people do not wish to call, they want to book online, not request online.
I am pretty adamant about this. I fought online bookings in the beginning like all new innkeepers who need to "talk" to their guests first. I was an idiot. Now they come in world-wide all-hours and are COMFIRMED BOOKINGS!
Do you see the difference? It is monumental.

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
swilson said:
Welcome swilson. Totally off topic, but congratulations on being Innspiring.com 's 300th member.
cheers.gif

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
swilson said:
Welcome swilson. Totally off topic, but congratulations on being Innspiring.com 's 300th member.
cheers.gif

swirt said:
cheers.gif
Yes Welcome...glad you have joined us and glad you have jumped right in!

John,
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
JBanczak said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
John,
JB
Awesome. Done.
swilson said:
swilson said:
The only difference? That still doesn't work.
There is not a booking until the innkeeper does his or her thing. Currently in webervations - what you see is what you get (if you have the prgm set this way). If you see an available room, you book it, you get the confirmation immediately - done deal. This is how the majority of people SHOP online these days - to book a room anywhere. I do it, don't you?
When I am on vacation and/or out of the country or away from the internet and email - I want the bookings to come in and be dealt with automatically.
The guest is not waiting on the innkeeper to make his or her move before KNOWING if they have a confirmed booking - which could take time - I mean, we eat we sleep we shop we work we live. That forces me to be tied to this machine 24 hours a day 365 days a year! "Oh No! I didn't check for bookings in the last 3 hours!"
In today's world people want to make a booking WHEN they are making a booking. Otherwise they will call and make sure it is booked and get a confirmation. But I find MOST people do not wish to call, they want to book online, not request online.
I am pretty adamant about this. I fought online bookings in the beginning like all new innkeepers who need to "talk" to their guests first. I was an idiot. Now they come in world-wide all-hours and are COMFIRMED BOOKINGS!
Do you see the difference? It is monumental.
I agree that automation is the key to the future. I am on the same page with you in that if I am out of the area I would like it done in an automatic mode.
With that said, it is not a hill to die on for me, as I am an innkeeper, and although I am working toward to goal, innkeeping is not automatiic. So, if I leave for more than a couple of days when I happen to be empty, someone is going to be here and taking reservations. They can click the box and confirm the reservation. If it is really busy and I'm worried about a double booking...well I'm probably going to be here during the busy times
All this to say, yea you are right, but I'm trying to trim my red ink and if I can help them create a software that also does what you and I both desire and they can keep it at $65, why go with the big guy
Is'nt that why they come to you rather than the sheraton?

Back