RezOvation Completes Full PA-DSS Credit Card Security Certification

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBanczak

Reaction score
Austin, TX– RezOvation, the leader in property management systems for inns, B&BS, hotels, and specialty lodging with its RezOvation GT 5.0 Property Management System product, announced that it has passed full PA-DSS credit card security certification. “Our GT product is one of the first products in the world to have completed the new, more rigorous payment application certification standards,” explained John Banczak, COO of RezOvation. “Our customers can now rest assured that RezOvation GT has undergone the most stringent data security testing procedures available and is fully approved for credit card processing and data storage.”
Credit card security is quickly becoming a critical issue for all small merchants that accept credit cards, including B&Bs and small hotels. Any third-party application that a small merchant uses to capture, transmit, store, or process credit cards must be fully certified by 2010 – whether it is an online application, a website shopping-cart, or installed software – and small merchants are scrambling to find software that is approved, appropriate, and affordable. By July of 2010, just over a year away, credit card processors must ensure that all of their merchants are using only fully certified applications. In addition, merchants using third-party applications that are not certified cannot become PCI compliant. Many credit card processors are already enforcing compliance or are charging additional fees to non-compliant properties. RezOvation is already seeing a huge demand from its customers for certified applications and encourages properties to become PA-DSS complaint well in advance of the 2010 deadline to avoid the expected last-minute rush.
RezOvation’s new certification eliminates the guess-work for small lodging properties. At this writing, no other payment applications in the B&B industry have been certified, and it is unknown if or when any others will pass this exacting test. Hundreds of customers already use RezOvation GT for fully lodging-certified credit card processing in an easy-to-use interface for both online and swiped transactions. Add to that the incredibly low rates from Intuit’s QuickBooks Merchant Service, no sign-up fees, no monthly minimums, connectivity to QuickBooks, and now full PA-DSS certification, and it is hard to imagine an easier-to-use, affordable, or safe way to handle credit card payments. Amy Dolan, manager at the Inn above Onion Creek outside of Austin, TX has been a RezOvation GT credit card customer for over a year now. “We switched to RezOvation GT and the Intuit Merchant Services and immediately loved the ease-of-use and the low rates. I really like being able to look at the processed credit card charges whenever I want; the statements are much easier to read than our previous processing vendor; and there are no hidden charges. We have good rates, and now with this certification, we don’t have to worry about other credit card security issues. Our guests will be glad to know that all of their credit card information is safe and secure. Thank you, RezOvation, for giving us what we need to conduct our business like the big guys even when we are the little guys!”
RezOvation GT has been setting the standard for small-to-mid size property management software since its first release just over two years ago. The GT product offers an easy-to-use interface coupled with powerful features. Properties can just as easily manage a nested inventory rate structure with direct, seamless connections to Expedia, hotels.com, BedandBreakfast.com, Kayak, Sidestep, JackRabbit Systems and others as they can schedule automatic birthday or anniversary emails to be sent out to repeat guests every year. With RezOvation GT everything from online bookings, to reporting, QuickBooks connectivity, credit-card processing guest communications and data backup is integrated in one package. Innkeepers save hours of time every week, while also getting peace of mind from a data security standpoint. All of this comes at incredibly low monthly fees with unlimited online transactions.

Thanks for the update. Is it a safe assumption that Rezovation GTO meets the same security standards?

Note: this update is a few months old, it just popped up again because some spammer put in a post that I removed which causes it to pop up again.

Note: this update is a few months old, it just popped up again because some spammer put in a post that I removed which causes it to pop up again..
Ohhhhhhh...now I notice that the date is from March!
sad_smile.gif

Note: this update is a few months old, it just popped up again because some spammer put in a post that I removed which causes it to pop up again..
Hmmm...Swirt, do you know if the online version of GT has the same security compliances?

Hmmm...Swirt, do you know if the online version of GT has the same security compliances?
Knowing how they are running it, I am almost certain (95%) that it would have the same compliance. Essentially what GTO does is run it on their server and you access it through your browser (similar to remote desktop / logmein / vnc) It would be running securely on their machine, and you just get the ability ro remote control their machine through an encrytped connection.
I am sure John will chime in with the specifics. I have a feeling he is probably still digging out from whatever piled up while he was on vacation ;)

Knowing how they are running it, I am almost certain (95%) that it would have the same compliance. Essentially what GTO does is run it on their server and you access it through your browser (similar to remote desktop / logmein / vnc) It would be running securely on their machine, and you just get the ability ro remote control their machine through an encrytped connection.
I am sure John will chime in with the specifics. I have a feeling he is probably still digging out from whatever piled up while he was on vacation ;)
Thank you Swirt! We are getting ready to take the plunge here...it's between SuperInn and GTO...definitely want something web based so we can manage it remotely. I do not think we will be using the integrated QB cc processing, so that sort of falls out of the equation, but you and others have made a good case for Rezovations. BUT I still like the look of SuperInn, we still need to evaluate.

Thank you Swirt! We are getting ready to take the plunge here...it's between SuperInn and GTO...definitely want something web based so we can manage it remotely. I do not think we will be using the integrated QB cc processing, so that sort of falls out of the equation, but you and others have made a good case for Rezovations. BUT I still like the look of SuperInn, we still need to evaluate.
Just curious why you wouldn't opt for the integrated credit card processing? From my perspective that is one of the key features that makes it so much easier on the innkeeper.
For me it changes a 5 step process into a no step process (for a reservation coming in online) ... and if I were still with superinn it changed what was a 13 step process into a no step process. I think there is a post on here some place where I described that.

Just curious why you wouldn't opt for the integrated credit card processing? From my perspective that is one of the key features that makes it so much easier on the innkeeper.
For me it changes a 5 step process into a no step process (for a reservation coming in online) ... and if I were still with superinn it changed what was a 13 step process into a no step process. I think there is a post on here some place where I described that.
Yes, I read that posting and thank you for it....in fact it is one of the reasons we are still considering Super Inn, because the parts that were less user-friendly for you on that had to do with the cc processing which we wouldn't be using.
The "why" mostly has to do with our financing...we are required to keep all deposit accounts with the local lending bank, and they "ask" that you do credit card processing through them as well. If the refi goes thru (with a different but still local bank) the requirements will likely be the same. I do like have access to someone at the local level for the merchant services, and honestly I do NOT like Intuit...QB does what I need it to but I haven't found their support to be particularly helpful.
The way you describe the new process does sound very integrated and seamless, though.

Hey gang -
The short answer is yes - it is as Swirt described. However, and I've mentioned this before - the long answer is that ELG Hospitality (which includes BedandBreakfast.com, RezOvation, and Webervations) is currently in the process of scheduling a full Level 1 PCI Audit to cover all of our products. GTO as a software program is one thing, a full Level 1 PCI audit includes everything from our own physical security, to BB.com servers, to you name it.
Until now, this was not necessary since we are a Level 2 or Level 4 company depending on your point of view... so we were required to do a self-assesment and regular scanning (which we do daily through McAfee for all of our services and customers). But we have heard from two separate banks since Visa now will only post Level 1 companies on their website. The message is clear - if you don't do a Level 1 audit, then you are not really certified as compliant, and it is only a matter of time before processors stop allowing their merchants to use your services.
For companies that process credit cards, as well as store them - you need to go through both the PA-DSS (PA stands for payment application) certification (which we already have - anyone doing automated processing whether online or in an application you download like GT must do this - none others have...) and PCI-DSS (which covers things like server security, physical security, etc.)
We are going to end all the confusion though and go through the most rigorous security audit we can so there is no doubt left in anyone's mind.

Back