Rezovation GT glitch

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thesonatainn said:
Hey there. My user name "sonatainn," vanished (I guess from lack of use,) so I quickly registered this one.
Welcome back. Your old account is still here and functional
https://www.innspiring.com/user/396
Accounts only get removed for misuse, not lack of use.
I've never run into the RezovationGT problem you are describing (never had single people in a group before). Sounds like what you are describing is happening though is less than ideal and should be looked at..
Ah! I am a little muddled in the brain. None of my passwords were workng, until I realized I had Cap locks on...sigh.
So I'm back! Eric, I did have them fill out a bug report, twice on the issue, in the last two months. The agent was becoming more annoyed at my numerous attempts to fix this issue (though, I don't think calling 4 times in 3 months is that much.)
I'm looking through the INNspiring resources for another reservations database software....any piece of software in mind that has migration services?...that's a big deal us (I don't want to lose customer data.) Checkfront looks kind of nifty (I like the wordpress integration,) but it doesn't seem to have a fleashed out backend.
Any thoughts?
I switched over from the old version of RezOvation to Reservation Key in Jan. The only way you can transfer information is to export in a cvs or excel file. That meant I could import the guest names, addresses, etc., but NOT their reservation history or any special notes. It's been a pain in the arse, but I am so happy to get away from any bb.com product, that it's been worth the annoyance.
I like Reservation Key, but it's not as comprehensive a system as RezOvation.
Does Rez Key allow you set up discount code?
sonatainn said:
Yes, you can set up as many discount codes as you'd like. Also packages.
It doesn't have as many options for using your data base. One thing I liked about Rezo was that I could search for all the previous guests who had an Anniversary/birthday in a specific month and do a special mailing to them. Res Key doesn't provide that kind of data base info.
They now are offering online gift certificates. To use it, I had to create a merchant account with paypal. It wasn't a big deal, their rates are competitive. When a guest buys a GC online, their transaction goes through paypal and I get an e-mail. I then transfer the money in the paypal account to my merchant checking account with my bank. All done oneline. I've sold 3 GC just in the past couple of weeks. It's much easier than when I was using Webervations/ResOvation and I had to print up a GC and mail it to them. It doesn't look as nice, but people don't seem to care because they can print it up when they purchase it and most are up again a deadline to get the gift certificate.

thesonatainn said:
Hey there. My user name "sonatainn," vanished (I guess from lack of use,) so I quickly registered this one.
I've never run into the RezovationGT problem you are describing (never had single people in a group before). Sounds like what you are describing is happening though is less than ideal and should be looked at..
Ah! I am a little muddled in the brain. None of my passwords were workng, until I realized I had Cap locks on...sigh.
So I'm back! Eric, I did have them fill out a bug report, twice on the issue, in the last two months. The agent was becoming more annoyed at my numerous attempts to fix this issue (though, I don't think calling 4 times in 3 months is that much.)
I'm looking through the INNspiring resources for another reservations database software....any piece of software in mind that has migration services?...that's a big deal us (I don't want to lose customer data.) Checkfront looks kind of nifty (I like the wordpress integration,) but it doesn't seem to have a fleashed out backend.
Any thoughts?
I switched over from the old version of RezOvation to Reservation Key in Jan. The only way you can transfer information is to export in a cvs or excel file. That meant I could import the guest names, addresses, etc., but NOT their reservation history or any special notes. It's been a pain in the arse, but I am so happy to get away from any bb.com product, that it's been worth the annoyance.
sonatainn said:
It doesn't have as many options for using your data base. One thing I liked about Rezo was that I could search for all the previous guests who had an Anniversary/birthday in a specific month and do a special mailing to them. Res Key doesn't provide that kind of data base info.
They now are offering online gift certificates. To use it, I had to create a merchant account with paypal. It wasn't a big deal, their rates are competitive. When a guest buys a GC online, their transaction goes through paypal and I get an e-mail. I then transfer the money in the paypal account to my merchant checking account with my bank. All done oneline. I've sold 3 GC just in the past couple of weeks. It's much easier than when I was using Webervations/ResOvation and I had to print up a GC and mail it to them. It doesn't look as nice, but people don't seem to care because they can print it up when they purchase it and most are up again a deadline to get the gift certificate.
So far you're really selling me.
That's one thing I like about RezGT, is the ability to search through reservations via a lot of criteria...
Does Rez Key have search though? Can you search by arrival date...or by internal notes or things like that?

thesonatainn said:
Any thoughts?
sonatainn said:
So far you're really selling me.
That's one thing I like about RezGT, is the ability to search through reservations via a lot of criteria...
Does Rez Key have search though? Can you search by arrival date...or by internal notes or things like that?
You can search by date, reservation number, names (first or last), and many other criteria, but not by notes.
One thing that is annoying to me is that you have to always click "save" any time you type in the notes section, or add a credit card manually. There are different frames and if you make changes or additions, you've got to save it each time you're finished within the frame. I'm so used to RezOvation automatically saving everything you type while inside the reservation, that it's a bit of a pain.
Have you checked out this thread where JB did a great job of explaining some of it's features? The thread is more than a year old and they've made some good changes lately, but it might help to read the thread. Reservation Key

Back