Rezovation GTO

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambled_eggs

Reaction score
I remember someone on here I think insiderinfo was trying out the Rezovation GTO for the Macintosh. I was wondering how that was going. I am using a demo version now and they have me logging in with a logmein.com system and when I pull up the screens it is in a Windows based computer. I am wondering if anyone has been set up with the GTO version that is supposed to be fully online. I want to be able to use only a macintosh with this system.

Hi Oceans,
Yes it was me, we had it for a few months and ultimately decided it was not a good fit for us. The biggest inconvenience for us was not being able to print from the Log Me In computer...thus we couldn't do invoices right from the system, had to do a lot of cut and paste which was very time consuming. We have 9 rooms, so this might not be such a big deal if you are smaller.
We got in right after the beta testing had finished so it was still all brand new to everyone involved. From what I understand, Log Me In itself is due to have an upgrade that will interface better with Macs so that might help. Also, to take full advantage of all the Rezovations features and be streamlined you need to do your cc processing through Intuit (Swirt does his this way if you have more specific questions).
At the end of the day, for the amount of rooms we have, it would have been close to $1000/year and we couldn't justify the cost. We decided to stick with Webervations, it does everything we need it to and is accessible from any computer. We download our Webervations info into Excel periodically and that serves as our guest management software.
If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer. I will say that the free training seminars Rezovations offered were very helpful (taught by Patty).

We've had our ups and downs with GTO on a Mac. The Mac is very funny about printing - but I'm glad to report that it is now working well.
We actually have the ability to bypass logmein and have it be a website login, however the beauty of using the logmein product is the built-in VPN and encryption. The web-based logins are questionnable when it comes to Level 1 PCI compliance (and we are paying for a full audit right now).
By using Logmein, you leave no footprint on your machine or any machine, no history, no ability to hit back buttons, etc. and it is fully encrypted and goes through a private tunnel. In layman's terms it means it is incredibly safe, and considering all the heat we are getting on cc security, safe is good...

Hi Oceans,
Yes it was me, we had it for a few months and ultimately decided it was not a good fit for us. The biggest inconvenience for us was not being able to print from the Log Me In computer...thus we couldn't do invoices right from the system, had to do a lot of cut and paste which was very time consuming. We have 9 rooms, so this might not be such a big deal if you are smaller.
We got in right after the beta testing had finished so it was still all brand new to everyone involved. From what I understand, Log Me In itself is due to have an upgrade that will interface better with Macs so that might help. Also, to take full advantage of all the Rezovations features and be streamlined you need to do your cc processing through Intuit (Swirt does his this way if you have more specific questions).
At the end of the day, for the amount of rooms we have, it would have been close to $1000/year and we couldn't justify the cost. We decided to stick with Webervations, it does everything we need it to and is accessible from any computer. We download our Webervations info into Excel periodically and that serves as our guest management software.
If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer. I will say that the free training seminars Rezovations offered were very helpful (taught by Patty)..
That is a lot of money per year and I assume also a $50++ monthly charge as well. I am just intrested in having the payments all done online to stream line it more. I currently use Superinn with a separate credit card machine. Now that Superinn says they are doing online payments through their reservation system I am looking into adding that which may end up being cheaper than using Rezovation GTO.

Hi Oceans,
If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer. I will say that the free training seminars Rezovations offered were very helpful (taught by Patty)..
That is a lot of money per year and I assume also a $50++ monthly charge as well. I am just intrested in having the payments all done online to stream line it more. I currently use Superinn with a separate credit card machine. Now that Superinn says they are doing online payments through their reservation system I am looking into adding that which may end up being cheaper than using Rezovation GTO.
That is a lot of money per year and I assume also a $50++ monthly charge as well.
Best not to assume, the price is based on number of rooms. For some room counts it is cheaper than SuperInn, for others it is more.

Back