Rezovation vs. ResKey

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktuskey

Reaction score
I'm sure this topic has been covered several times, but can anyone tell me if ResKey can import from Rezovations Desktop? Obviously I have all of my reservations in the system currently and would have to have to hand craft each one in ResKey.
So, what say you? And for anyone who has used RezDesktop - can you tell me how you like ResKey vs? And one last question, what credit card provider do you use? I currently use Intuit, but find them to be expensive. Can anyone suggest an alternative?
Thank ya!

We switched from Re oVATio n to RE key and have been very happy. We were late to the scene and the early adopters on this forum are the reason we switched. We tried the online version zovation came out with first and it was a horrible hunk of junk from the git go. Dumped it and did the trial - went great- still great.
We extracted our data in an excel file I think and John at res key was able to drop it into res key for us. We were worried about past guest info and it hasn't turned out to be a problem for us. If we do need something, we can always open up the dinosaur and get it, since it is on our desktop.
I think John could probably help you find a way to get your entire guest list moved over if you wanted it. I would suggest that you figure out and ask for what you need at the onset, rather than bugging him over a period of time.
We save $50 every month.

I went from RezO to ResK 4 years ago. You can import the guest data (name, address, etc), but NOT their actual reservation dates and notes. Yes, it was a pain to have to go back to the old desktop version to look up old reservation data, but SOOOOO worth the switch!!
ResKey is so much better and less expensive with much better support. One thing I did on my ResKey reservation page was to add a mandatory question for the guest to answer "Have you stayed with us before?" and then there is a radio button "yes" or "no". When I get a reservation where they have clicked "yes", I then go back to the old RezO and hand input any notes and reservation dates. It's an easy way to get that info over to ResKey.
I also use authorize.net with ResKey. When the guest makes their reservation, they are charged their deposit immediately. No longer do I have to track down guests because their card is invalid!
I have absolutely no regrets that I dumped RezO and went to ResKey!!

Hi!
I changed over from We ber vations so can not answer your main question but will say that I feel John would be very helpful in moving your data.

Change is more of a headache in planning the change, than it is doing it!
We moved all current reservations. We kept past data in the excel spreadsheet. We ber vations did not download our comments so those were a loss, except for those I physically added (went back 2 yrs). That covered much of our needs and I rarely go back to that file now.

My work life got 10 times easier when we switched.
We use Square to process.

We change to Reskey in March and love it. I do not know why I waited so long?!

I went from Weber to ResKey. Love it!!! I use Squ are for credit cards. Love that it is straight % so I can verify no cheating me. NO contract. No use? No pay. Deposit goes in my account the next day (except weekends) but they do NOT take money out of my account - it is input only.

Use reskey and innpayment as the cc provider. If you do over 100,000.00 your rate will be 2.25% flat. no other fees at all. No per swipe, no refund fee, no gateway fee, nada. AE charges are more. Under $100,000.00 I thing is 2.5% but call and negotiate. Take your last months bill, get the total you ran and than see if 2.25% is less. I bet it is a lot less. Good luck

Use reskey and innpayment as the cc provider. If you do over 100,000.00 your rate will be 2.25% flat. no other fees at all. No per swipe, no refund fee, no gateway fee, nada. AE charges are more. Under $100,000.00 I thing is 2.5% but call and negotiate. Take your last months bill, get the total you ran and than see if 2.25% is less. I bet it is a lot less. Good luck.
That sounds like a good rate. Takes all cards?

Use reskey and innpayment as the cc provider. If you do over 100,000.00 your rate will be 2.25% flat. no other fees at all. No per swipe, no refund fee, no gateway fee, nada. AE charges are more. Under $100,000.00 I thing is 2.5% but call and negotiate. Take your last months bill, get the total you ran and than see if 2.25% is less. I bet it is a lot less. Good luck.
Just signed up for reskey today on a trial. Wonderful so far. Can't wait to dig in deeper.
But, what do you mean, use innpayment as the cc provider. I see where I can activate cc payment choices, but that is not one of them.
Also, if I use one of those, I am guessing I need to go to that company and sign up somehow?
I haven't done all the tutorials yet, so, sorry if I am asking questions the site will answer.

Just signed up for reskey today on a trial. Wonderful so far. Can't wait to dig in deeper.
But, what do you mean, use innpayment as the cc provider. I see where I can activate cc payment choices, but that is not one of them.
Also, if I use one of those, I am guessing I need to go to that company and sign up somehow?
I haven't done all the tutorials yet, so, sorry if I am asking questions the site will answer.
jmj said:
Yes. I signed up with authorize.net. Not cheap, but it's nice to have people get their payment made and confirmation number immediately.
An alternative is to have ResKey send you a reservation request, along with the credit card info, and you run the credit card on your own terminal and send the guest a confirmation manually. But these days people like to have it all complete immediately!

Back