Rezovations fumbles the ball

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Keeper

Reaction score
Had a guest call interested in reserving with us. On our website and calling for availability. Said they would call back (which they did) to reserve after they talked it over.
We had been running a little surprise special that only showed up when you went to reserve online. Thought I would check the dates myself and recommend they reserve online if their date had a discount.
Went to the rez page and got "URL not valid" in the embedded box. Have no idea how long it was like that, but when I called, it appears they made some back end changes that screwed it up and I guess it took people like me calling for them to realize they had a problem. I think they rolled back the changes to fix it.
What kind of got me, was that I was told to just check back every so often to see if it was fixed. I took a couple of rezies today- no telling how many I missed because the system was down. (Okay- I am being a bit dramatic, but it does knida bother me the way it went down.) I should say that the person I spoke with was great and obviously just following instructions, but why is it my job to see if they did their job? After asking for a call, I did get one letting me know it was fixed.
Wow! A little venting from the Happy Keeper.
tounge_smile.gif

That's so annoying. Why is it that none of these companies seem to be able to use email lists for anything other than trying to sell you stuff? They all have your email address - a simple mail list of users extracted to send notifications of problems and resolutions doesn't seem like too much to ask.

I am afraid I would be livid! How long has it been that way? How many reservations did you miss? They certainly do not miss sending you the bill!

I have a link below that says "Having trouble seeing the embedded calendar, click here." just in case, because I have ABP in place and I don't see it, sometimes as well. The word HERE is linked to the URL for making a reservation. I use it as a fail safe.
When I email guests, I email them both URLs, our regular page as well as a goo.gl shortened one to the direct reservation page, just in case.

Unlike, Happy Keeper...so not cool of them not to notify the properties that use their rez system.
sad_smile.gif
Samster said:
Unlike, Happy Keeper...so not cool of them not to notify the properties that use their rez system.
sad_smile.gif
Oddly, this seems to be par for any biz we've worked with from online booking to directories to ISP's. There is a certain lack of follow-up to insure that what they did worked across the board. And most of them make coding changes on Friday and then go home for the weekend!

sad_smile.gif
Samster said:
sad_smile.gif
Oddly, this seems to be par for any biz we've worked with from online booking to directories to ISP's. There is a certain lack of follow-up to insure that what they did worked across the board. And most of them make coding changes on Friday and then go home for the weekend!
That's why there is supposed to be a ticket system, except it doesn't work without follow-up. That's why I tell them to email me as soon as it's done... because they know that I will bug their ___ until it's done.

Back