RezStream Report Help Please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay Nein

Reaction score
Hello old friends. This is a blast from the past from North, North Georgia USA. We sold our B&B about 5 years ago and I dropped off Innspiring, though I think about the friends I made here quite often. I've had an accounting and bookkeeping business since 2005, so I went back to serving my clients and my business has grown quite a bit since leaving the B&B. I've surfaced today hoping that some of you RezStream users can help me decipher a few reports. I have a B&B client in New Jersey that uses the service and I'm finding that the reports aren't very accounting-friendly.

Specifically, I'm trying to determine deposits on account as of a certain date. It looks like the General Ledger report is the best for that purpose, but I'm getting hung up on difference between the FOR date and CUT-OFF date on the report filters. And it also appears that the report is always changing, so if I compare a report today to one I ran two months ago using the same date filters the numbers are vastly different.

I've not had much help with Support as the report guy Will doesn't understand my accounting needs. And the Help screens are all based on their reporting system from 2008 which has been upgraded several times since they created the articles.

There are a few other reports that I'm struggling with, but trying to figure out the deposits on account as of a particular date (month-end going back to Jan 31st) is my biggest pain point right now.

I look forward to chatting with some of my ol' Innspiring buddies! I'm not very good at remembering names and back-stories, but I certainly remember the Innkkeeper Road Trip with panties hanging from ceiling fans and driving tanks as well as all the amazing help you gave me as a newbie Innkeeper back in 2012. Good times, good times =)

Thanks for your help!
Dena

We LOVED the tanks. thanks for the update - don't use so cannot help, sorry - as I have wondered how you were doing. We had a blast on that trip. Loved your place too.

Specifically, I'm trying to determine deposits on account as of a certain date. It looks like the General Ledger report is the best for that purpose, but I'm getting hung up on difference between the FOR date and CUT-OFF date on the report filters. And it also appears that the report is always changing, so if I compare a report today to one I ran two months ago using the same date filters the numbers are vastly different.

I don't use RezStream, but consider myself a sort of database guy, so just throwing out a couple of thoughts in hopes they are useful.

Just a guess: that FOR is specific to a single date (=) and CUT-OFF is up to and including that date (<=)

DATABASE: Table (stores information) - Query (asks a question, date range) - Report (provides the information asked)

If I remember my accounting, you CLOSE each month and that information is locked down and no longer changes, unfortunately a database doesn't always work that way, table information changes and your query/report also changes each time it is run. If the program does not save a specific end of the month answer, has your client (hopefully) printed and saved a closing report each month that would reflect his/her position at that specific time?

Thanks for your input, JimBoone. Some of the reports close down at month end, some don't. We are pulling data on the 1st, luckily I have subscribed to auto-generated reports so that's helpful. It's just really crazy how their reports pull data in general. I've been pouring over them for hours now and I can't get the data to match up. I'm trying to solve more issues than just the deposits on acct. For instance - total accrued sales MINUS deposits applied PLUS new deposits received MINUS refunds should equal cash in bank. But, I think the different reports aren't consistent in what information is included. So, the numbers aren't aligning the way they should. I've been looking at it too long, but it shouldn't be this hard. And between this forum and my bookkeeping contacts, I can't find a solution.

Back