Rhubarb, Rhubarb, everywhere is Rhubarb!!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseberry

Reaction score
Just got tons of Rhubarb from my oh so nice B&B accross the Highway....
Need new Ideas for it's use.....

Chop and freeze in 2 cup bags. Get as much as you can.
Around here, they've stopped selling the rhubarb in the freezer section. I like to make a Rhubarb crunch coffee cake with it.
Sometimes, I'll add whatever berries I have in the freezer...never the same twice!

Around here, they've stopped selling the rhubarb in the freezer section. I like to make a Rhubarb crunch coffee cake with it.
Sometimes, I'll add whatever berries I have in the freezer...never the same twice!.
would you like to share the recipe?

Strawberry Rhubarb pie,
Strawberry Rhubarb sauce (especially good over ice cream)
Rhubarb crisp (same as apple, just replace the apple)
Rhubarb cake (same as carrot just replace the carrots).
we love rhubarb. wish someone would give me a ton of it ;)

Strawberry Rhubarb pie,
Strawberry Rhubarb sauce (especially good over ice cream)
Rhubarb crisp (same as apple, just replace the apple)
Rhubarb cake (same as carrot just replace the carrots).
we love rhubarb. wish someone would give me a ton of it ;).
I'd send you some if I could....

Sometimes, I'll add whatever berries I have in the freezer...never the same twice!.
would you like to share the recipe?
Unfortunately for my family, I rarely use recipes :(
I started by tossing the rhubarb with a little sugar and flour- enough to coat. Then I put together my old standby recipe for a Butter Coffee Cake. I omitted the cinnamon that it called for. Greased a 9 x 13 glass baking pan. Put the coated rhubarb in the bottom, poured the coffee cake batter over top of that and doubled the recipe for the crunchy topping (brown sugar, oatmeal and margarine). That's it.
Now, I am not a big fan of rhubarb, but this was so tasty and pleasant to eat that I didn't mind the rhubarb.

Rhubarb is like hiding peas in a chicken pot pie.
tounge_smile.gif

Do be careful with rhubarb. It does not take much to relegate Exlax to the junk drawer as unneccesary.

When in in the season is it too late to pick? I thought it should have been harvested in spring.

Back