Richard Gere on stardom and being a sex symbol.. and playing the violin

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Richard Gere on stardom and being a sex symbol.. and playing the violin[/FONT]
Scottish Daily Record
The Pretty Woman star is dipping his toe in the world of bed and breakfast by buying a modest hotel close to his home. But if you are hoping for a cooked ...

excerpt:
But Richard admits his experience of inn-keeping is pretty much limited to his turn in the 2008 tear-jerker Nights in Rodanthe, in which he played a man running a bed and breakfast who falls for guest Diane Lane.
He says:"We hope we don't lose money. But I don't think a restaurant is the way to make money. And if we had known how difficult it would be, we probably wouldn't have started."
Richard knows all about the difficulty of starting from scratch. He was a struggling actor before Officer And A Gentleman made him a star, then later his career went into the doldrums until Pretty Woman revived interest in the idol.

He wasn't an innkeeper in that movie. I didn't see it but I've read the plot. She is helping out a friend with a B&B, and he is the solitary guest on a stormy weekend. The fact checker missed that bit.

That is what I thought as well, she was the interim innkeeper. HE was the guest. Funny how it was about innkeeping and none of us saw it! I can't see it, Diane Lane looks just like my sister, I can't watch her in a love scene. ha ha
I think it would be more interesting if he was the innkeeper, but then that would just paint him as a perv. She being an unhappily married interim innkeeper makes more sense in people's minds.

That is what I thought as well, she was the interim innkeeper. HE was the guest. Funny how it was about innkeeping and none of us saw it! I can't see it, Diane Lane looks just like my sister, I can't watch her in a love scene. ha ha
I think it would be more interesting if he was the innkeeper, but then that would just paint him as a perv. She being an unhappily married interim innkeeper makes more sense in people's minds..
I just bought the DVD on the knock-down rack. Have not watched it yet though.

I think it would be more interesting if he was the innkeeper, but then that would just paint him as a perv. She being an unhappily married interim innkeeper makes more sense in people's minds..
That's what I was going to do. Seems like a good one for the B&B library. Plus, I love the Outer Banks.

You mean What About Bob is not as good for a romantic B&B movie library? ha ha
Someone watch it already and give us feedback please. :)

I watched it a month or so ago...Muirford is right, Lane is helping out a friend by innsitting and Gere is the only guest. I would not consider it a plus for the industry but it at least did not portray the B&B in a negative way like some of these sitcoms have done. Edited to add: I do not recall a scene with breakfast being served but Lane did serve him dinner in the dining room and she was eating in the kitchen, he pops in the kitchen, plate and wine glass in hand and joins her there. Think (if memory serves) he even helps in later food details...
There was another thread on Gere's new B&B... I think it was more accurate in details.

That's what I was going to do. Seems like a good one for the B&B library. Plus, I love the Outer Banks.
I'll watch it when I get there - I loved the book, but have a feeling the movie won't be as good as is usually the case!

Saw the movie when it came out....Gere was not the Innkeeper. A friend insisted I see it as the movie base was an Inn at the ocean and it really is there.I Googled it and found the Inn last year on line.Not sure if I could find it now ? Mary in Bridgewater.....OK..I found it...Google.".Serendipity Cottage Rodanthe N C." Thats the house in the movie ! !

Back